Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by AqworldThunder View Post
    To be honest, this is the one episode I've been looking forward to since I read the chapter a long time ago. I heard the animation studio that was handling Naruto were going to get their best animators to do this shit... LIES. The animation is laughable.
    Oh dear god, you are right. (also wtf is with the music + sound effects, its so quite).

Man, I thought they'd actually do a good job so I went and watched, same old shit.

/Disappointing.

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    To be honest, this is the one episode I've been looking forward to since I read the chapter a long time ago. I heard the animation studio that was handling Naruto were going to get their best animators to do this shit... LIES. The animation is laughable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Oh dear god, you are right. (also wtf is with the music + sound effects, its so quite).

Man, I thought they'd actually do a good job so I went and watched, same old shit.

/Disappointing.
    Clearly, we were watching 2 different shows/episodes. The animation was great, the only part that was kind of lacking was when Madara picked up that sword and started ripping shit with it, but that's because it was so fast paced. I feel bad for the animators, I wouldn't have really known what to do either.

The sound effects were the most praised thing in the episode.

I'll just leave that there.
    Last edited by scotbud123; 07-27-2013 at 01:54 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    Clearly, we were watching 2 different shows/episodes. The animation was great, the only part that was kind of lacking was when Madara picked up that sword and started ripping shit with it, but that's because it was so fast pace. I feel bad for the animators, I wouldn't have really known what to do either.

The sound effects were the most praised thing in the episode.

I'll just leave that there.

I'm just going to say this once: The entire episode was a letdown.

Looks are still at average. Sound was awful. I mean a decent soundtrack isn't that hard. Pacing, still slow.
    -------------------------

At least it isn't the pein fight, but even then......"meh". That is what I'd say about this episode "meh", could have been a lot better, but its not that bad(especially giving naruto's track record).

But its also curious to me.....why they spend money and are cheap at the same time.(

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    "Why they spend money and are cheap at the same time"...

Um...welcome to life? You spend money on what you can, and avoid spending it on what you can't. If they spend a bunch of time AND money (because it's not only money, Naruto is also a weekly show), logically they're going to have to spend less in the following time so they DON'T go over their set budget.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Um...welcome to life? You spend money on what you can, and avoid spending it on what you can't. If they spend a bunch of time AND money (because it's not only money, Naruto is also a weekly show), logically they're going to have to spend less in the following time so they DON'T go over their set budget.
    So you are telling me that the naruto shippuden team can notmanage their budget? Ok.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    So you are telling me that the naruto shippuden team can notmanage their budget? Ok.
    They could be doing a better job, yeah. Still a pretty difficult thing to manage overall.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    They could be doing a better job, yeah. Still a pretty difficult thing to manage overall.
    Make filler LQ, spend it on the important episodes.

I just hope the obito fight isn't going to mimic the pein fight.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Make filler LQ, spend it on the important episodes.

I just hope the obito fight isn't going to mimic the pein fight.
    Parts of it WILL be LQ, look at how long it is. Hopefully it will be during the talking and/or the non-combat flashbacks.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Parts of it WILL be LQ, look at how long it is. Hopefully it will be during the talking and/or the non-combat flashbacks.
    Well I'll check back in a couple years and see how its going. At this rate its just around 1.5 chapters per episode.

Thanks

How ignorant can one man be? Animation could of been MUCH better. Didn't you watch Sword Art Online? Did you think they made an episode every month? The animation was pretty decent, though the anime was.. meh. I see your point, but Madara being introduced is extremely important to the story. How could they half-ass something important?

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    How ignorant can one man be? Animation could of been MUCH better. Didn't you watch Sword Art Online? Did you think they made an episode every month? The animation was pretty decent, though the anime was.. meh. I see your point, but Madara being introduced is extremely important to the story. How could they half-ass something important?
    That's not ignorant at all. Sword Art Online wasn't an ongoing series that had a manga to follow. They based it off of an already completed light novel. They sat down, were given a budget, and knew they had to make episodes to span this light novel. No fillers involved, no waiting for the manga writer to continue the series. They said "OK, this project is going to have 25 episodes, we know EXACTLY how many animators to hire and how much money is going to be involved to finish this project while retaining a high quality".

All the animators of Naruto have to work with is "Yeah, Kishi might end this thing....someday..." So they obviously aren't going to be able to make the same high quality work. 25 episodes is FAR different from 542 and counting. But yeah, like I said, something big and important like Madara's reveal is something they KNEW they would have to spend extra money on.

The Naruto animation could be better, but for a Shonen that has been airing for 11 years, not by a large margin.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Not to mention shingeki......

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

The Naruto animation could be better, but for a Shonen that has been airing for 11 years, not by a large margin.
    :/

You are arguing that naruto has poor animation because it runs so long and has to air every week.

Studio Pierrot just doesn't give a fuck. They put out the most trashworthy episodes because they know kids like you will watch it regardless. The budget isn't so small they couldn't afford HQ stuff, they could have HQ fights if they wanted to, there just isn't any point. The kids are going to watch it regardless of the quality.

And if you knew anything about animation and how this stuff gets made, you'd know that you can make episodes months ahead.

Naruto isn't the type of show that can't have HQ episodes, its just that the company making it has figured "why bother" because they won't be getting more profit from it. Its really just being lazy once you established the fanbase.
    Last edited by Empire; 07-30-2013 at 01:38 AM.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    >Says they could "easily make 1080p fights"
    >Tries to compare resolution to animation quality
    >"And if you knew anything about animation and how this stuff gets made"
    >lolwut?

The quality of the video being released doesn't affect the animation. Naruto has been getting released in 1080p for YEARS now. All 1080p means is that the resolution of the video is 1920x1080 and it's a progressive scan (as opposed to interlaced).

You can have a video in 720p with excellent animation and you can have a video in 1080p with shit animation.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    >Says they could "easily make 1080p fights"
    >Tries to compare resolution to animation quality
    >"And if you knew anything about animation and how this stuff gets made"
    >lolwut?

The quality of the video being released doesn't affect the animation. Naruto has been getting released in 1080p for YEARS now. All 1080p means is that the resolution of the video is 1920x1080 and it's a progressive scan (as opposed to interlaced).

You can have a video in 720p with excellent animation and you can have a video in 1080p with shit animation.
    Why do you even bother arguing this?
    (sorry meant BD/HQ, not 1080p, multitasking).

You know naruto's animation is shit, you know the studio making it doesn't care if its good or not, and you are now resorting to a mistake on my part?

Sheesh man. You take one sentence and miss the whole point. Narutards in a nutshell.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Because I never contested that the animation was bad, the only thing I ever said is that it's NOT unbearable.

But when you're speaking like a self-proclaimed expert, I'm going to point out every mistake you make.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast