Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

First Build... Can't believe I'm doing this

Never worked on hardware before, I just watched some videos on Youtube and building a computer is hella freaking easy. Nothing compared to working on cars.

Figured I'd come to this section on MPGH for some ACTUAL further info.
    Here's what I got so far on my parts list
    -Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, and Case are being re-used from my brothers old build.

What do you all think? Any better alternatives?
    How do I go about loading up Windows 7? What's the best version?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Looks really good Jabuuty. The FX-6100 is a great CPU for the price and the UD3 mobo is also very good. I do however suggest upping the PSU to around 650W, not because 520W isn't enough but just in case you make a new build a couple years down the track. You don't want to buy a new PSU in the future when you could have one that's capable now.

EVGA SuperNOVA NEX650G 650 Watt ATX 12V Power Supply 120-PG-0650-GR - Micro Center

EVGA are a solid brand and it's fully modular which is very handy for keeping your PC neat and tidy whilst maximizing airflow (not to mention it allows you to sleeve your own cables if you wish to go down that road).

Also recommend you grab an SSD whenever funds open up, probably one of the best upgrades anyone can do right now is put their OS on an SSD.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

Jabuuty671 (08-05-2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Looks really good Jabuuty. The FX-6100 is a great CPU for the price and the UD3 mobo is also very good. I do however suggest upping the PSU to around 650W, not because 520W isn't enough but just in case you make a new build a couple years down the track. You don't want to buy a new PSU in the future when you could have one that's capable now.

EVGA SuperNOVA NEX650G 650 Watt ATX 12V Power Supply 120-PG-0650-GR - Micro Center

EVGA are a solid brand and it's fully modular which is very handy for keeping your PC neat and tidy whilst maximizing airflow (not to mention it allows you to sleeve your own cables if you wish to go down that road).

Also recommend you grab an SSD whenever funds open up, probably one of the best upgrades anyone can do right now is put their OS on an SSD.
    I was recommended to get this setup alternatively because of the potential for the $30 extra i'll spend
    $552.93. instead of $525.55
    (note: total listed on image below is including mail in rebate deductions which I may not opt for)

I'll consider adding in your recommended PSU instead! I honestly don't see myself getting too into computers Shayne. I never built one before and just want to make one since I'm tired of working on cars (selling my 240sx right now) and heading to my first year of college. So this build will probably last a long time since all I want to do is play some Combat Arms again!!!!!

edit: yeah I heard about the SSD on NewEggs build a PC 3 part video on Youtube. (I THINK) I might get that, faster boot time is definitely worth it.
    Last edited by Jabuuty671; 08-05-2013 at 03:32 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabuuty671 View Post

I was recommended to get this setup alternatively because of the potential for the $30 extra i'll spend
    $552.93. instead of $525.55
    (note: total listed on image below is including mail in rebate deductions which I may not opt for)

I'll consider adding in your recommended PSU instead! I honestly don't see myself getting too into computers Shayne. I never built one before and just want to make one since I'm tired of working on cars (selling my 240sx right now) and heading to my first year of college. So this build will probably last a long time since all I want to do is play some Combat Arms again!!!!!

edit: yeah I heard about the SSD on NewEggs build a PC 3 part video on Youtube. (I THINK) I might get that, faster boot time is definitely worth it.
    Hmm, I'd shy away from Biostar, they are good but if you want longevity then I would stick with the UD3 motherboard. Other than that then the alternative build is pretty good too especially with the 7870.

Shame about the 240sx, if it were a right hand drive and had an sr20 in it I'd be more than happy to take it off you :P
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

Hmm, I'd shy away from Biostar, they are good but if you want longevity then I would stick with the UD3 motherboard. Other than that then the alternative build is pretty good too especially with the 7870.

Shame about the 240sx, if it were a right hand drive and had an sr20 in it I'd be more than happy to take it off you :P
    Makes sense considering how cheap it is.... hmmm. It's like I was paying more for the graphics card.

No shame there! SICK OF NISSANS. I'm sticking to Hondas and Subaru's lol

But being on a budget, I think this is a better setup.

Last edited by Jabuuty671; 08-05-2013 at 09:08 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Makes sense considering how cheap it is.... hmmm. It's like I was paying more for the graphics card.

No shame there! SICK OF NISSANS. I'm sticking to Hondas and Subaru's lol

But being on a budget, I think this is a better setup.

I'd personally stick with 1600 MHz for the RAM, but otherwise it looks great.
    ​In fact, the setup is almost the exact same as the secondary build I threw together a few weeks ago.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Aborted For This Useful Post:

Jabuuty671 (08-05-2013)

Thanks
    SICK OF NISSANS
    FUCK YOU

But nice build, AMD represent! really need to upgrade my CPU
    Find my latest releases on my YT:

Thanks
    Damn stuff is cheap in the USA D:
    Anyway I think it's a great budget-build

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marceline View Post

FUCK YOU

But nice build, AMD represent! really need to upgrade my CPU
    I might delay the build because I also wanna grab a Ps4, some games, and a laptop for work.

Y U MAD. NISSANS SUCK! lol.
    I have way too many damn parts for it

time to turn this into a Car build thread! lol

Here's how i got the piece of shit last December and what i've done to it over the past few months.
    FUCK NISSANS. NEVER GETTING ANOTHER ONE AGAIN.

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Domokun_index View Post
    Damn stuff is cheap in the USA D:
    Anyway I think it's a great budget-build
    Yeah, I could get it cheaper from other sites too but I don't live in the mainland USA so i'm just getting it all from NewEgg.

https://************.com/p/1otog
    https://www.logicalincrements.com/
    Last edited by Jabuuty671; 08-06-2013 at 03:19 AM.

Thanks
    Yeah, I could get it cheaper from other sites too but I don't live in the mainland USA so i'm just getting it all from NewEgg.
    I wish we had NewEgg here D: The prices are

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Domokun_index For This Useful Post:

HalfBajan (08-06-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    @Jabuuty671 Not a bad build :P I'd go for the 660 ti tho because it's essentially a 670 but for a much lower price D:
    Also, I can give you a windows 7 ultimate key activator so just download a cracked windows 7 (Gotta be the ultimate edition) and contact me for the program

Thanks
    time to turn this into a Car build thread! lol
    Fuck! That looks like it would've been a douche to work with! That's a shot load of parts too!

Also on the ps4 thing, I've decided not to get one since it would cost over $1000 since I want a few games haha.
    The ps4 in aus is going to cost $549 ._.

Thanks

Fuck! That looks like it would've been a douche to work with! That's a shot load of parts too!

Also on the ps4 thing, I've decided not to get one since it would cost over $1000 since I want a few games haha.
    The ps4 in aus is going to cost $549 ._.
    Yeap! It has been!

dafuck, why not just settle for a couple games? I only got my eye on a racing and 2 shooters. lol

Thanks

Yeap! It has been!

dafuck, why not just settle for a couple games? I only got my eye on a racing and 2 shooters. lol
    I would buy it if gta v wasn't being released on ps3 -.-
    The game I want mostly would be gt6 but I'm pretty sure that's coming out on ps3 too!

got any idea's of what car you're going to look for next?

Thanks

I would buy it if gta v wasn't being released on ps3 -.-
    The game I want mostly would be gt6 but I'm pretty sure that's coming out on ps3 too!

got any idea's of what car you're going to look for next?
    Wait, so they're developed for PS3 but not for PS4? Damn, well.... that's good though, can it be cross compatible? because the market for sell would be higher for the PS3 gamers since there's more than millions out there. Ps4 wouldn't be a good profit.
    Btw what's that one MMO FPS post-apocalyptic game they had showcased at E3? That's what i'm mainly getting the PS4 for.

2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS Coupe. I was in line to buy one before I got that 240sx, but somebody beat me to it. I met up with that current owner and asked if he'd sell it to me when he leaves for the Navy. If not that, i'm going to build my credit and get a car loan from my bank and get a 2015-2016 Subaru Impreza STI hatch later and put on a Varis kit.

Otherwise, I still have my 99 Civic sedan I've been building since I was 16 (had it for 2 years now)

and another car that's down that i'm fixing , my brother's old CRV
    Last edited by Jabuuty671; 08-06-2013 at 05:31 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast