Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Byousoku 5 Centimeter & Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo

Last night I had some free time so I decided to watch some movies that were recommended to me by some friends these were (in the order I watched them in):

1. Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo(Linked)
    2. Byousoku 5 Centimeter(Linked)

These two were an amazing watch. At the end of Byousoku I was so moved I wanted to cry (lel). The main thing that was felt across both of these movies was their relationships or in layman's terms love. The end of Toki was so unclear. What did he mean when he'll be back? The aunt had her heart broken by a guy. She's an art restorer. Chiaki wants that same painting restored. That isn't a coincidence. Chiaki knows that that painting will not be restored in one lifetime, so he found a girl just graduating who didn't know what she was going to do with her life, now she wants to restore painting. He'll continue getting girls to do it. He's actually a con artist and that kind of ruined it for me. Anyways.

What do you think of these movies if you have seen either one or both? If you haven't seen it go watch it.

Thanks
    I watched Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo a few months back. The animation and story was great. Also on a side note, there is a live adaption of Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo with a slightly altered plot. It's on netflix.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    i like summer wars and wolf children, but centimeters per second is my fav for some reason probs cause it was the first anime movie i ever saw... all pull on ur heart strings one way or another !
    this is a signature

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Loved both movies. You should definitely check out Summer Wars and Wolf Children.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Ditto on the recommendations of Summer and Wolf.

If its 5cmps, I recommend Voices of a Distant star, personally I enjoyed it more.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    It's funny cause I watched summer wars the day before I watched those two. I don't know how I forgot. Summer Wars was actually awesome, I loved the plot, characters, art and animation. I've heard about Wolf Child so I'll check that out but I've never heard of "Voice of a Distant Star" so I'll check that out too.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillows and Poo View Post
    It's funny cause I watched summer wars the day before I watched those two. I don't know how I forgot. Summer Wars was actually awesome, I loved the plot, characters, art and animation. I've heard about Wolf Child so I'll check that out but I've never heard of "Voice of a Distant Star" so I'll check that out too.
    Might as well watch Makoto Shinkai's other movies, they're all really good and in similar style.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

Might as well watch Makoto Shinkai's other movies, they're all really good and in similar style.
    I think I'll do that after I finish the C:The money of soul and possibility control.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillows and Poo View Post

I think I'll do that after I finish the C:The money of soul and possibility control.
    C : The money of soul and possibility control..........was iffy.

Good idea, done already, but sure.

But for some reason they skipped out on some of the fights, and had a very bad misunderstanding of economics.

Good animation, iffy combat(skips ending or entrance), lame story, about mediocre for an anime.
    ---------------

If you ever learn about economics, don't watch this anime. I had a fit with them trying to use an arbitrary limit for an "apocalypse" and how entire countries just went "boop" from the random limit.
    Last edited by Empire; 08-06-2013 at 01:13 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

But for some reason they skipped out on some of the fights, and had a very bad misunderstanding of economics.

Good animation, iffy combat(skips ending or entrance), lame story, about mediocre for an anime.
    ---------------

If you ever learn about economics, don't watch this anime. I had a fit with them trying to use an arbitrary limit for an "apocalypse" and how entire countries just went "boop" from the random limit.
    As someone who studied economics for 3 years, I think I'll shy away from that.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

As someone who studied economics for 3 years, I think I'll shy away from that.
    Its fun to laugh at though, so there is that.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

---------------

To be honest I only watched it for its animation and art style. I liked them both. I've finished Wolf Children. It was pretty good the ending wasn't good enough for me though.