Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

[Traders Beware] Just want to help newbie traders

I hate scammers with a passion and it seems like there's a couple of scams going on lately on this forum so I'd like to offer some advice in avoiding them. Hopefully it'll help some of you newcomers out there.

Do NOT trade with Sk114 or anyone claiming to be Sk114. His forum username has been involved in two scams now and I'm afraid he will target more victims soon. This is just my speculation so take it for what it's worth.

Sk114 has built a "reputable" and trustworthy username on mpgh. He uses his credibility to convince other traders to go first. Then he scams them and claims it was someone impersonating to be him, clearing his name of all scams while blaming the fraud on his "impersonator". He then repeats this process with new unsuspecting victims using his cleared and still reputable mpgh name.

https://www.mpgh.net/forum/541-vindic...n-110mill.html
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/541-vindic...lars-east.html

@Sk114 I'm not calling you a scammer. You are still innocent until proven guilty. I'm just telling everyone that it's good to play it safe by NEVER trading with Sk114 to avoid the high possibility of getting scammed again. There are many other reputable traders out there.

If anyone claims I give them vouches, please check with me first. You can always pm me or add my skype realvindicatus.

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

Tips:

To avoid impersonators, have the person you're dealing with pm or post his/her skype in a thread. Then you have definite proof that this skype belongs to this mpgh username.
    Last edited by Vindicatus; 08-06-2013 at 01:24 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Vindicatus For This Useful Post:

exoshinoizme (08-07-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Drunk
    Quote Originally Posted by Vindicatus View Post
    I hate scammers with a passion and it seems like there's a couple of scams going on lately on this forum so I'd like to offer some advice in avoiding them. Hopefully it'll help some of you newcomers out there.

Do NOT trade with Sk114 or anyone claiming to be Sk114. His forum username has been involved in two scams now and I'm afraid he will target more victims soon. This is just my speculation so take it for what it's worth.

Sk114 has built a "reputable" and trustworthy username on mpgh. He uses his credibility to convince other traders to go first. Then he scams them and claims it was someone impersonating to be him, clearing his name of all scams while blaming the fraud on his "impersonator". He then repeats this process with new unsuspecting victims using his cleared and still reputable mpgh name.

@Sk114 I'm not calling you a scammer. You are still innocent until proven guilty. I'm just telling everyone that it's good to play it safe by NEVER trading with Sk114 to avoid the high possibility of getting scammed again. There are many other reputable traders out there.

If anyone claims I give them vouches, please check with me first. You can always pm me or add my skype realvindicatus.

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

Tips:

To avoid impersonators, have the person you're dealing with pm or post his/her skype in a thread. Then you have definite proof that this skype belongs to this mpgh username.

TO ALL TRADERS: DO NOT trade with ANYONE saying they are me!!!!
    With the amount of my being impersonating,I am taking a hiatus away from the trading section,If they say they are me IGNORE AND BLOCK them.
    Also when you do this, PLEASE report their skype info!!!

I am sorry that my name has been used,Hopefully by no longer doing anything with trading for a while this scammer will move along

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Sk114 View Post
    TO ALL TRADERS: DO NOT trade with ANYONE saying they are me!!!!
    With the amount of my being impersonating,I am taking a hiatus away from the trading section,If they say they are me IGNORE AND BLOCK them.
    Also when you do this, PLEASE report their skype info!!!

I am sorry that my name has been used,Hopefully by no longer doing anything with trading for a while this scammer will move along

I think it's better that everyone to NEVER trade with sk114 again because if the scammer can impersonate you, he can and will do it again. Taking a long hiatus from trading doesn't help. Scammers are always around. Im curious what is your skype? I don't think I've ever seen you posted it. Maybe it'll help prevent further scams. If you don't have skype, you can just say so.

Tips to verifying mpgh members: it is very easy to verify someone on skype is from mpgh or not. Just ask him/her to pm you on mpgh his/her skype. Then check the skype name in pm against the skype name you're talking to on skype. There's no way to impersonate.
    Last edited by Vindicatus; 08-06-2013 at 11:49 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Drunk
    You can find my Skype via : ShawnKiller

had it for quite some time now,Also it shows my name,If you looked at the other thread,(that was dismissed) i also have screen shots there

https://www.mpgh.net/forum/165-scamme...scammer-*****ml

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Sk114 View Post
    You can find my Skype via : ShawnKiller

had it for quite some time now,Also it shows my name,If you looked at the other thread,(that was dismissed) i also have screen shots there

https://www.mpgh.net/forum/165-scamme...scammer-*****ml
    I just skimmed through your post history and I couldn't find the last time you successfully traded with someone. You might have bought some gold from me more than a year ago but I did NOT vouch for you because everyone who was buying gold from me went first. I rarely ever went first and those were the only times where I gave out vouches. People who go first don't get vouches. I always go second because I used to sell gold on a regular basis so people could trust me. You said others have vouched for you. Please link to the specific threads where they said they've vouched for you.

As of right now, I think sk114 account is just being a veteran account for having been on mpgh since 2010 with some postings so this does NOT mean he's trustworthy. This account is now linked to 2 scams. I urge people to look at sk114 as NOT REPUTABLE on mpgh and use extreme caution when dealing with him, ie, make him go first or use an MM or BE PATIENT and find a more trustworthy trader!!!
    Last edited by Vindicatus; 08-07-2013 at 12:54 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Drunk
    I just skimmed through your post history and I couldn't find the last time you successfully traded with someone. You might have bought some gold from me more than a year ago but I did NOT vouch for you because everyone who was buying gold from me went first. I rarely ever went first and those were the only times where I gave out vouches. People who go first don't get vouches. I always go second because I used to sell gold on a regular basis so people could trust me. You said others have vouched for you. Please link to the specific threads where they said they've vouched for you.

As of right now, I think sk114 account is just being a veteran account for having been on mpgh since 2010 with some postings so this does NOT mean he's trustworthy. This account is now linked to 2 scams. I urge people to look at sk114 as NOT REPUTABLE on mpgh and use extreme caution when dealing with him, ie, make him go first or use an MM or BE PATIENT and find a more trustworthy trader!!!
    Oh really?

https://www.mpgh.net/forum/541-vindic...st-server.html

yes it has been a while,but in that deal YOU went first.I already stated i WONT be in trading for a while,gave my skype name. and showed proof of people coming to me saying some random was trying to be me,So why don't you back the hell off.Yes i am starting to get annoyed.
    With the lack of proof I was cleared.
    So move along.you made your point,so stop trying to mess with my rep and name,I have taken action to stop from being impersonated by saying if they say they are me block,ignore and report...

Thanks
    When I got the skype message, I asked for there forum name. They said Sk114, then I said ok and asked for them to reply to my post. Your name came up and asked East or west. That was exactly what you said on the skype message before it was posted on my post. I'm not to wild about a coincidence of that promptness due to your recent history.
    You could very well be scamming people, and tech no one will catch you doing this. Its a very disgusting trick, but while we have no proof we all know the truth.

So whoever happens to see this post, It be best to stay away from Sk114 or if you do trade with him use a middle man.

Because the admins are correct in that there is no real reason you shouldent.
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/541-vindic...formation.html

---------- Post added at 07:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 AM ----------

Tips:

Thank you forgiving a shit about what went down. : D
    Last edited by exoshinoizme; 08-07-2013 at 06:43 AM.