Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored

Thumbs up F2P Combat Arms Alternatives 2013 :l

So as most of you may or may not know, CA is dead / dying... The amount of players that used to be in CA has diminished significantly. (no surprise there) So...are there any other games that are similiar / better than CA? What games do you guys play when ur not playing CA?
    (plz...no TF2 / AVA) (nice playerbase and definately better community than CA) (preferably less hacks or better anti-cheat control)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Shocked
    SKILL - Special Force 2 started the closed beta.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by B4NDiT26 View Post
    SKILL - Special Force 2 started the closed beta.
    looks nice, I'll keep an eye out for the open beta...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Arctic Combat is decent.
    Shadow Company should be released in NA soon.

Since Nexon bought it from Doobic, the game should be pretty good. Same company that made CA when it was first released.

Donator Since: 12/08/2011
    Minion Since: 04/10/2012

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by XxBingxX View Post
    So as most of you may or may not know, CA is dead / dying... The amount of players that used to be in CA has diminished significantly. (no surprise there) So...are there any other games that are similiar / better than CA? What games do you guys play when ur not playing CA?
    (plz...no TF2 / AVA) (nice playerbase and definately better community than CA) (preferably less hacks or better anti-cheat control)
    You can try Sudden Attack. Haven't played it in a long time so won't know whats new.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowFever View Post
    Arctic Combat is decent.

Since Nexon bought it from Doobic, the game should be pretty good. Same company that made CA when it was first released.
    Arctic combat is going down soon :/

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Meh, I would say either CF or Sudden Attack.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Rekreative View Post
    Meh, I would say either CF or Sudden Attack.
    CF looks nice...I and it's infection mode seems promising...but the graphics are abit dated for my tastes...CS 1.6 :S

Quote Originally Posted by gabrielkml View Post
    You can try Sudden Attack. Haven't played it in a long time so won't know whats new.
    I've played sudden attack during the time nexon first released it....i just couldn't get into it....the gameplay felt sluggish....and it only seemed to have one mode of play with the vampires and crap....then agian...I've only played like 2-3 games b4 i uninstalled...might check it out later...

Arctic Combat is decent.

Arctic Combat seems nice...looks abit like CA....from what I read, it lacks an infection mode...( I want keel sombies D: )

Shadow Company looks promising....team based FPS....keeping an eye on it... +1
    Last edited by XxBingxX; 08-09-2013 at 03:39 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Soldier Front 2 - It plays like a modern shooter, aiming down sights and the like. However the gameplay is slow paced and it feels like a CoD clone. Though it does have PvE and PvP against aliens which is similar to CA's Fireteam and Quarantine respectively.

Blacklight Retribution - Also plays like a modern shooter with an emphasis on character and gun customization. It has PvE and PvP. The only major downside is the amount of time it takes for new players to purchase in-game items. Ever since they changed the values of items with in-game currency, it's been difficult for new players since everything is overpriced and newbies are somewhat discouraged from trying different attachments and items on their characters. However with some time investment it isn't much of a problem and compared to other f2p shooters, it is by far the most polished and balanced shooter out there.

Wolfteam - This honestly is just a counter strike with werewolves. It plays similarly to combat arms and has the same 'feel'. It has a game mode similar to quarantine.

Warface - This game has currently been through numerous testing phases and continues to do so. I don't know exactly when it will release, but Warface is a modern f2p shooter running on CryEngine 3. I honestly can't say much about this game because I haven't been able to play it yet but if you're curious, just look up youtube gameplay videos or something.

I don't have a specific f2p shooter I play at the moment. I've tried every game I mentioned except for Warface, but if none of the games interest you, check out FPSREPORT for news on everything F2P shooter. (just google it)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by gabrielkml View Post
    Sudden attack is worse than playing with horse shit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by XxBingxX View Post

CF looks nice...I and it's infection mode seems promising...but the graphics are abit dated for my tastes...CS 1.6 :S

I've played sudden attack during the time nexon first released it....i just couldn't get into it....the gameplay felt sluggish....and it only seemed to have one mode of play with the vampires and crap....then agian...I've only played like 2-3 games b4 i uninstalled...might check it out later...

Arctic Combat seems nice...looks abit like CA....from what I read, it lacks an infection mode...( I want keel sombies D: )

Shadow Company looks promising....team based FPS....keeping an eye on it... +1
    Artic combat is shutting down soon.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by adoramereku View Post
    Soldier Front 2 - It plays like a modern shooter, aiming down sights and the like. However the gameplay is slow paced and it feels like a CoD clone. Though it does have PvE and PvP against aliens which is similar to CA's Fireteam and Quarantine respectively.

Blacklight Retribution - Also plays like a modern shooter with an emphasis on character and gun customization. It has PvE and PvP. The only major downside is the amount of time it takes for new players to purchase in-game items. Ever since they changed the values of items with in-game currency, it's been difficult for new players since everything is overpriced and newbies are somewhat discouraged from trying different attachments and items on their characters. However with some time investment it isn't much of a problem and compared to other f2p shooters, it is by far the most polished and balanced shooter out there.

Wolfteam - This honestly is just a counter strike with werewolves. It plays similarly to combat arms and has the same 'feel'. It has a game mode similar to quarantine.

Warface - This game has currently been through numerous testing phases and continues to do so. I don't know exactly when it will release, but Warface is a modern f2p shooter running on CryEngine 3. I honestly can't say much about this game because I haven't been able to play it yet but if you're curious, just look up youtube gameplay videos or something.

I don't have a specific f2p shooter I play at the moment. I've tried every game I mentioned except for Warface, but if none of the games interest you, check out FPSREPORT for news on everything F2P shooter. (just google it)
    This is a very nice list here...checking out Blacklight Retribution & Soldier Front 2... (y)

Sudden attack is worse than playing with horse shit.
    Sounds about right....

Quote Originally Posted by Rekreative View Post

Artic combat is shutting down soon.
    :\ ...damn..dat sucks...

Thanks
    Blacklight Retribution

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BenXer For This Useful Post:

YellowFever (08-10-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by BenXer View Post
    Blacklight Retribution
    Completely forgot about that game. Holy shit. It's so good.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Drunk
    I'm a great FPS fan and i didn't know about those awesome games

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast