Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy

A Guide to Re-Purposing your Weapons...

NOTE: This is my educated opinion on weapons, not the full truth or fact.

Re-Purposing happens alot in Combat Arms when:
    A)A type of gun runs out of ammo
    B)You need a property of one weapon, mixed with another in a situation
    C)A property of your weapon of choice is very low, and critical in the situation.

Repurposing can make one type of gun into another, therefore makes yourself much more adaptable to different situations.

Lets start, as a note, the type of weapons i'll be covering are:
    Sniper, SMG/AR/MG, Pistol, and Shotgun
    They are clearly split into very distinctive categories, which makes re-purposing that much more useful.

NOTE: Im a low rank so ill be using low ranked guns, but this is just as a frame, if theres a high ranked gun that needs repurposing, compare it to one of these.

Now LETS START!!

Re-Purposing into a Sniper:
    SMG into Sniper: SMG's are generally inaccurate and fast fire, and a tad low on power, so a key point here is accuracy, and making sure you get that headshot, or nutshot! The reccomended SMG to be repurposed into a sniper is M14 Its power and accuracy are vital to be turned into a sniper, Use the accuracy to tag a headshot or nutshot, if you cant, the gun is a 2-3 hit KO, and it has an Auto mode, so no worries if its a moving target, what you will want to repurpose this gun is a scope, any scope except the Itech or whatever its called, will work very nicely, an extended Magazine will be veyr good too, I reccomend the Extended Magazine I, since 2 Makes you reload time last hours >.> and 3 lowers your magazine, which is BAD.
    Pistol into Sniper:Pistols actually make amazing sniper substitutes since they boast great portability, very little recoil, and fair accuracy, but the most preffered Pistol to be made into a Sniper would be any K5 you have, this would definetly allow your pistol to be turned right into a 3-4 shot KO sniper, which is about 700-900 GP CHEAPER then the normal 2 hit KO sniper, but a must for this to be a sniper is a scope, any scope except the Itech will do just fine. It's optional, but an Extended Magazine II might help too... BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T, AND I MEAN DO NOT! PUT ANY SUPRESSOR ON THIS!!!! It will turn the 3-4 hit KO weapon into a fail 8000-20,000 (Okay its really 4-5 -ish) Hit KO weapon, and that defeats the whole purpose of why this is a preffered pistol.
    Shotgun into Sniper Oh jeebus! This is a bad situation if you need your shotgun to act as a sniper, none the less, shotguns make reasonable mid-close range snipers if in the right hands, a preffered shotgun is a Double Barrel, it wont be accurate at all, but one lucky shot will snag you a headshot or nutshot, which is more then enuf to kill the enemy, if used in double mode, two quick shots will kill the enemy, try to be unexpected when using this, as almost any gun can kill you.

Re-Purposing into Shotgun
    SMG into Shotgun: Since no other gun except the shotgun itself has a spread, its very important to focus on getting as many bullets out as possible, damage is also a factor, so the most preffered SMG to be substituded as a Shotgun is MAC-10, sadly its Accuracy is worse then a pig's breakfast, so your gonna have to try hard to get good shots on this, its damage is sufficient since is fire rate is almost to the cap, this will definetely get out as many bullets as possible. But a good Modification could turn this into a much better substitute, add a Extended Magazine II and you will have more bullets to push out, add any scope, and you may have a reasonable substitute for a close-range sniper, yes this little MAC-10 is quite a versatile little thing.
    Sniper into Shotgun:Any idiot trying to do this should be warned, HE/SHE IS AN IDIOT, but nonetheless, this section needs to be included, so lets continue, the best sniper substitute for shotgun would be an SR25, might I highlight, the fire rate is laughably bad, but again, lets continue. Now, even with its bad fire rate, its high damage and high recoil may help in getting that strong wide spread effect, keep in mind, equipping an Extended Magazine II on it will help it a little bit, and its built-in scope is an added bonus.. I guess >.> ... DO NOT EQUIP SUPRESSOR ON SAID GUN!!! It'll kill its damage, which is needed much more then "lowering the sound volume" or any other kinky stuff.
    Pistol into Shotgun:Lets focus on recoil for this, it'll add to the spread effect, pistols CAN make very good substitute shotguns if in the right hands, and modded correctly. The preffered shotgun substitute pistol is the K5, with recoil that will make your head spin, and fine fire rate, it will do nicely if equipped with a Extended Magazine I and maybe an Itech scope, try to aim for headshots if you can, even though thats not a shotguns duty, im just saying.

Re-purposing to Pistol
    SMG into Pistol:The general idea of the SMG compared to Pistol would be that a SMG is better then the pistol... This is true in most areas, but its Portability and smaller Recoil is what sets it apart, so the best SMG substitute for a pistol would be a UZI with an added bonus of fire rate, the UZI would be a nice match for a pistol, of course giving it a scope, and a Extended Magazine III might help set it apart... DON'T ADD A SUPRESSOR, the UZI's damage is bad enough, and you don't need any of the things suppresor add's.
    Sniper into Pistol:Luckily, a sniper and a pistol are fairly close-knit, but a sniper has huge added bonuses to accuracy and power, but with lower portability and higher recoil. The best substitute would be a Dragonuv SVD equipped with an Extended Magazine III would substitute a pistol anyday, actually, in a requiring situation, think of it as a pistol with high recoil, but retardely high power =P
    Shotgun into Pistol:Wow, seriously? Have you gone insane? Do you need to see a doctor? anyway lets continue, if a shotgun wants to get anywhere a pistol without its spread fire getting into the way, itll need portability and fire rate >.> which would be a Double Barrel, simply because it's portability is very nicely matched to a pistols, hopefully having it in single mode might help out its spreadfire a bit. A good thing is, its good nice damage

Re-purposing to LAW (Rocket Launcher)
    SMG to Rocket Launcher:
    NOTE: I didnt include any Rocket Launcher to pistol or anything like that because there's only ONE rocket launcher and it cant equip ANY modifications, so adding a LAW > whatever would be 100% Useless =D.../Also, its hard to substitute for a rocket launcher, its all in radius which no other gun has, so please listen to the WAVE THE DAM THIGN AROUND instuction =D...
    Okay let's get on with it, this might be the last section added, maybe not, who knows? Anyway, the main use of a rocket launcher is radius, not so much power, but radius for sure, so a important thing to do would get a gun with high recoil, and fast fire rate, and wave it around a bit <(meaning a little, not halfway across the map, A LITTLE) like a magic wand in the desired area =3 for a SMG that weapon to wave around would be MINIMI, I choose it because its fire rate is amazing, and its recoil is just right (I didnt want it too high, because if it was too high then you'd basicly be aiming at the sky D=) and the clip is nothing to sneeze about, maybe add an Extended Magazine II just to get a little more umph outta it...
    Pistol to Rocket Launcher: I had to test several out before I came to a conclusion, again, you have to wave this around, you do for every weapon since no weapon but the Rocket Launcher and Nade has a radius (unless you classify "spread" as a radius) but fire rate was a big thing on this, and one with a reasonable fire rate was the K5, again a pistol isnt something to be sued as a rocket launcher substitute so dont go crazy with this, also add an Extended Magazine II just so you could extend the radius a bit or something, i dunno, its something good though
    Sniper to Rocket Launcher:Again, this is worse then a pistol to even TRY to be a rocket launcher, so I just decided to go with the one with the highest recoil so you might be able to get a lucky shot on one of your unsuspecting victims.That would be the Dragunov SVD, good thing too, the recoil is so high that you might be able to recoil you way halfway across the map and maybe get somones head off =D Given an Extended Magazine II you might be able to push out some more bullets before needing to run and hide
    Shotgun to Rocket Launcher:FINALLY!!! A gun that can actually substitute fairly okay as a rocket launcher!!! God Bless the Double Barrel, it's recoil isn't to bad as most shotguns go, kick it in double mode and empty a few cartridges in some peoples rear!!! Lol,

Oh look i'm done.

Please don't flame, just point out errors in mature way, not like an 11 year old.

IF I HELPED YOU, PLEASE THANK ME, NOW I GO EAT PINEAPPLE, NAM NAM NAM!
    Last edited by elemein; 08-13-2009 at 09:11 AM.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to elemein For This Useful Post:

asfdr12345 (08-12-2009),beteasta3 (08-12-2009),Ghty82 (08-12-2009),kidz own (08-12-2009),Mayfly (08-12-2009),poild (08-12-2009),Raflcapta (08-12-2009),XGelite (08-13-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Omg I jsut saw a Nexon ad on a Nexon hacking forum xD right on this thread too, EPIC PHAILURE?!!!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    thanks

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    lol nice work must have took you forever to type all that

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Nice work well explained and easy to read. However I like using the l9 artic wolf or ghille as a shotgun because of its 1 hit ko. I've never tried doing most of this

"I dream of a world where people are not judged by their post count but by their content of character." Me
    "Ask not what MPGH can do for you, But what you can do for your MPGH!"

Thanks
    nice

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thanks. But, do you have so much time on your hands that you can write all that?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Acutally it only took me 2 hours 0_0 I already do alot of this passively, and then I just realised which were best at what, and i only had a few more weapons to test that looked like possibles for repurposing matches.

And ghty82, I'll take a look at that when i get a chance, and add to the guide =D Thanks for the tip man.

PS: I jsut bought a nexon item and its not showing up in my storage!!! NEXON SCAMs!!! RUN TO THE HILLS!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by elemein View Post
    Acutally it only took me 2 hours 0_0 I already do alot of this passively, and then I just realised which were best at what, and i only had a few more weapons to test that looked like possibles for repurposing matches.

And ghty82, I'll take a look at that when i get a chance, and add to the guide =D Thanks for the tip man.

PS: I jsut bought a nexon item and its not showing up in my storage!!! NEXON SCAMs!!! RUN TO THE HILLS!
    NX item? I remember I had the same thing when I was a noob Trainee. Just go to your inbox and click activate. I Filed a report in when I didn't see it in my storage so I was scared I would get banned for making false tickets when I found out I had to activate it ^ ^

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    wow nice post good job

Thanks
    My Mood
    Scared
    nice

Thanks
    HEY I JUST SAW THIS ON ANOTHER FORUM NOW IM SUSPICOUS THAT HE DIDNT DO THIS!!!!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Canu gimme a link to that thread you found? I made this myself, I did'nt know there was another one, I even searched it on the site and only my guide came up, so where is it? Link pl0xes
    Last edited by elemein; 08-12-2009 at 06:33 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy
    Anaconda as sniper? ._. I can't aim for shit even on close range with that anaconda. Its recoil kicks back like crazy. The Deagle is probably best choice.
    Any donations would help

Quote Originally Posted by Bombsaway707

HOLY SHIT ITS USER1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood

HOLY SHIT ITS USER1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alby-kun

HOLY SHIT ITS USER1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali

HOLY SHIT ITS USER1
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeDemon
    HOLY SHIT ITS USER1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jussofresh View Post
    HOLY SHIT ITS USER1!
    [21:13] CoderNever: HOLY SHIT ITS USER1!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    I choose the andaconda because of its power, and i asked to put a scope of it so you CAN shoot half accurately and use it as a sniper, the recoil, true, but its more likely you'll kill them if you try for a headshot or if there damaged at all, if not, jsut wait the 2 seconds and hope he didnt move... A deagles accuracy isnt that much more =_= but the power of a deagle is decreased making it a 3 hit KO i think. Andaconda is best choice IMO since a Sniper is more about accuracy and power, which pistol lacks both, andaconda has power, and deagle has a very low balance of both...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast