Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

What edition to buy?

For TL;DR, scroll to the end!

Hello. I just wanna give a little preview of the editions the way I see it and might even save you some money.

When Treyarch released the special editions pre-ordering it had 4 choices: Original, Hardened and Prestige. Although for pc users I only found a Digital Deluxe Edition which is a pretty much non-physical item and I find it much better than the hardened edition.

But back to Ghosts, the editions will probably be the same including that Digital Deluxe is coming later, if I recall I got mine in late August.

Let's begin.

/PlayStation, XBOX & Wii U./

-Call of Duty: Ghosts Hardened Edition deploys with an assortment of collectible physical items and exclusive digital content designed to customize your multiplayer experience.

- Call of Duty: Ghosts Season Pass. Get four epic DLC Map Packs each delivering a collection of fresh Call of Duty: Ghosts multiplayer content and more. You don't need to buy the edition, simply buy the original + season pass for 110$ (I won't cover €uros for a reason I will explain later.)

- Paracord Strap: A modern day military staple, this wearable tool allows you to carry over 9 feet of versatile paracord on hand wherever you go. Are you actually ever gonna use it? It might seem cool, but in a day or two, not any more.

- Collectible SteelBook: Secure a limited edition steel game case featuring premium artwork. This is where the extra 10$ come in + Paracord strap, excluding these you would be already getting a map pack adding 5$. Read it once and it stays frozen for a long time.

- Official Call of Duty: Ghosts Soundtrack. Upgrade your playlist with a digital copy of the in-game store. Yeah, I'm sure no one is gonna put it to Youtube or anything

- Player Patch: Show your enemies what you stand for with an in-game Ghosts insignia player patch. This was like the Season Pass Player card, it isn't so "rare" when over 60% of the people buy the edition and all use it, which makes it pretty much useless. You are far better off with better playercards that show you had a 20-kill streak, 50 triple kills or all challenges completed.

- Player Background: Stand out in any lobby list with a Ghosts-themed player background. Same as Player Patch.
    - Player Card: Leave your mark on any killcam with an in-game Ghosts insignia player card. Same as Player Patch.
    __

The Call of Duty: Ghosts Prestige Edition is the ultimate Collector’s Edition. It comes loaded with a high-value cache of collectible physical items, including a 1080p HD Tactical Camera and bonus digital content inspired by the legendary masked Special Operations unit.

1080p HD Tactical Camera: Film, edit, and share custom made videos with a mountable 1080p HD Tactical Camera, modeled from actual in-game equipment.[/I] You have to ask yourself, are you even gonna use it? You are paying 80$ for a video camera. This should only be bought by popular streamers or video makers because any other way I would see no point of buying it.

That's basically it, you can take it as buying a Hardened Edition and then go to a electronics shop to buy a 80$ video camera.
    __

/PC/

The Call of Duty: Ghosts Digital Deluxe Edition (Download)

- There's not much known about the Digital Deluxe Edition yet, but it will probably show up on Steam late august as mentioned before, also GameStop, Amazon etc.

- Putting pressure on the name digital, it can only be downloaded not bought physically.

- It makes it good for PC users, since Infinity Ward has to replace the Collectible Steelbook with something else, like Treyarch did by adding a free World at War copy to those buying the Black Ops 2 DD Edition.

I will update the info as soon as I get some information about Deluxe.

The reason I didn't cover Euros is because sometimes they're made equal with Dollars, and sometimes the same (game cost 60€/60$)
    __

Too long;Didn't read.

Buying the Normal edition with Season Pass saves you 10$.

Buying the Hardened edition makes you lose 10$ on a book and a staple + boring in-game cosmetic pictures.

Buying the Prestige edition makes you lose 90$ on a video camera and things mentioned above.

---------- Post added at 04:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 AM ----------

If anything needs changing or correcting, please let me know.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by microcup View Post
    The reason I didn't cover Euros is because sometimes they're made equal with Dollars, and sometimes the same (game cost 60€/60$)
    This is true, which makes buying the game in europe rather expensive compared to the US, especially the 199$ one.

Minion+ : February 2014 - January 2015
    Counter Strike: Global Offensive Minion : November 2014 - January 2015
    Alliance of Valiant Arms Minion : August 2014 - January 2015
    Need For Speed World Minion : January 2014 - January 2015
    Rust Minion : January 2014 - January 2015
    Call of Duty Minion : January 2013 - January 2015
    Editor : December 2012 - April 2013
    Donator : March 2014 - Current
    Member : October 2010 - Current

Previously known as "Isaakske".

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Horror View Post

This is true, which makes buying the game in europe rather expensive compared to the US, especially the 199$ one.
    indeed. Can't wait what the DD edition includes tho

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by microcup View Post
    indeed. Can't wait what the DD edition includes tho
    MW3 AHUEHUEHUE

Minion+ : February 2014 - January 2015
    Counter Strike: Global Offensive Minion : November 2014 - January 2015
    Alliance of Valiant Arms Minion : August 2014 - January 2015
    Need For Speed World Minion : January 2014 - January 2015
    Rust Minion : January 2014 - January 2015