Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

~~~~~~Review: Cross Game ~~~~~~

So I just finished watching this anime called Cross Game, yeah.

Cross Game, is an 50 ep anime series revolving around baseball.. I used to think why bother watching "sports" anime when you can watch sports in real life... eh i was sadly mistaken unlike real life stuff in anime is always exaggerated and more intense its a good combination for shounen.

Plot:
    (read on mal :*) basically about coming of age and fulfilling a dream for a loved one whilst moving on connecting miss minded hearts and minds.... its been done before, but this one is a little more flushed out, the starting is a little show but once ur into it you cant stop watching the biggest thing that i enjoyed is that the anime adaption follows the manga entirely so no second seasons continuations or changing to manga... it actually has a ending !

Characters: your typical tsundere, op male protagonist, some useless as fuck characters that just dont grow and develop... but the way the plot and characters connect, as they grow and develop.. nothing feels too rushed or forced,

continued~
    Whilst the anime continues the team just doesnt get proper development. In the end It seems to the viewer the trump card Ko is the team everyone one else is just an extra I wish everyone got really strong and developed as much as Ko. its like when naruto and sasuke get really op whist everyone else was at a stand still... I guess its a shounen trait,

Art-Sound:
    Although released in 2010 the art style is very plain and basic many still shots, its not very detailed like the fat guy is round... ehh animation quality is at a norm, unlike other animes this is a pretty long running series 50 eps not 13... so with that in mind its not like the animation drops bad its just no fate/zero or anything... as for the sound pretty alrite I'd always skip the op and ed never atually listened to it, whist the ost within the background really amplified the moving scenes adding that luster that you get from really climatic moments.

overall/recap:
    I've made this sound like a pretty mediocre anime, well its not I really enjoyed it and Im not a baseball fan... and i wouldnt go to such lengths to write a mini reveiw thingy if i didnt enjoy it... In fact Im here atm because I liked it so much i wanted to tell some one about it. Its really worth the watch and maybe this could be a gateway to other sports anime cause atm this genre is really for filling for me. I think in the great anime medium shows like this get overshadowed by other anime. so check it out!! dont drop it cause it looks weird or is slow cause by the end of it ull feel like u've gone through this journey and ur left with this void.

huh so other animes like this: Ano Hana, Suzuka, Hajime no Ippo, yeah from the top of my head

btw this is pretty shallow review you can read more about it on mal and wiki, hope u guys enjoyed trying to correct all my grammar and spelling mistakes

-Daboi
    Last edited by daboi22; 08-20-2013 at 02:36 AM.
    this is a signature

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Didn't like cross game.

Member Since 8/05/2012
    Editor 4/04/13 - 4/21/13
    Middleman 7/14/13 - 11/4/13

Battlefield Minion 6/13/14-3/20/15
    Steam Minion 7/16/14-3/20/15

Minion+ 10/1/14-3/20/15
    M.A.T. Minion 10/19/14-3/20/15
    ROTMG Minion 1/14/15-3/20/15

Donator Since 2/26/15 (Thanks @Cursed!)
    Steam Minion 5/9/15 - 11/5/15
    OSFPS Minion 9/15/15 - 11/5/15

Thanks
    Never been a fan of sports anime. I've tried many but only really enjoyed Hajime no Ippo. It's rated in the top #50's on MAL so I might give it a shot sometime soon.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    Didn't like cross game.
    really? did u finish it? i guess everyone has there different tastes

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AqworldThunder View Post
    Never been a fan of sports anime. I've tried many but only really enjoyed Hajime no Ippo. It's rated in the top #50's on MAL so I might give it a shot sometime soon.
    yeah go for it! its similar to ippo
    this is a signature

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    I enjoyed one-outs or big windup! more but mmmk, crossgame is kind of.....generic.