Hybrid View

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Experienced Programmers?

I was thinking earlier about how there are so few BF3 hacks and why that is. I came to the conclusion that people are getting caught up in the process of making the hacks, getting confused when starting out, and so on.

So I thought... How could that be fixed?

What if there was a program that you could use to scan for a value (like Cheat Engine) and then change the value on an address, and then show the string of pointers back to the static pointer that initially changed everything?

I believe this is the primary cause of the confusion and difficulty with hacking around here, because I know plenty of people that are capable of writing the hack, but few that can find the correct static pointer (or find it correctly, that is).

This would effectively be the whole "Find what accesses this address" process put into a single function that looks at what accessed each pointer that many times until there is only a single result left.

I believe this would work, because if Cheat Engine can find the address, find what accesses it, and then tell you how many times it was accessed by what, then it can also tell you what accessed those addresses, until only a single static address (or a few) remain.

Only one of them should trace back to the original address with the correct value.

Example:

(Key: Program work, Result, Your action)

Scan for 40, your ammo amount.
    Fire a shot
    Scan for 39, your ammo amount
    Single address
    Listen on address
    Check for access
    Fire a shot
    Static pointer
    Last edited by sjustin1996; 08-21-2013 at 08:29 AM.

Thanks
    I don't understand you're question

Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy
    Lol Cheat Engine will not work to hack BF3. Basically you just need to reverse engineer the classes. I use IDA Pro. The reason there is so few hacks, is because the FrostBite 2 engine is very challenging to find offsets and reverse. It also runs in DX11, which sucks to hook.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused
    I may not be very explerienced but I'm willing to learn.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by dude719 View Post
    Lol Cheat Engine will not work to hack BF3. Basically you just need to reverse engineer the classes. I use IDA Pro. The reason there is so few hacks, is because the FrostBite 2 engine is very challenging to find offsets and reverse. It also runs in DX11, which sucks to hook.
    Regardless, I see a very large amount of leechers and a very small amount of contributors, not just in the BF3 section.

Clearly I don't understand the nature of this, but I think this would be helpful nonetheless, and the process can be automated if it can be done initially. It's a matter of making the program have a SINGLE FUNCTION that finds THAT TYPE of thing.

If it's such a pain in the ass, it's the same type of thing as writing a port scanner. Of course you could go through and check EACH port and find one that works, but there are programs to do it quickly and automate the process. That can be done with anything, it's only a matter of somebody being experienced enough to make it.

-- On a side note, are you skilled with Social Engineering? If not, PM me, I might have a deal for you.
    Last edited by sjustin1996; 08-29-2013 at 11:25 AM.

Thanks
    The reason there are so few hacks is that :

- Reverse engineering, even with some base of knowledge about X engine brought by the community, is complicated.
    - Hacks that get public are usually first-tries for their coders. Anyone experienced would know that such software endures time by keeping it to yourself or releasing it privatly.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    I got exprience im learning C# for 4 days

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    So what you are telling me is that there are likely plenty of people writing their own hacks and either selling them or giving them to friends, and I'm totally missing out?

That sucks.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by sjustin1996 View Post
    So what you are telling me is that there are likely plenty of people writing their own hacks and either selling them or giving them to friends, and I'm totally missing out?

That sucks.
    super super super many they dont release to public they sell or only give to friends