Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    You could have typed: Goku beats Superman.
    And you would have convinced just as much people.

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    So fucking tired of ignorant weeabo ******s who think Goku could win this. To sum it up, short and sweet:

The point of Goku's character is to keep improving, he has a limit, and he keeps besting it. The point of Superman's character is to be Earth's defender, he's as strong as Earth needs him to be, he has no limit. Goku simply can NOT beat Superman, end of story.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    :/ Problem is that superman is author based on powers.

Certain authors give him god-like power, certain authors don't.

If you take regular old superman, he loses to normal goku.
    -----------------

Lol @ Scot, Goku's only point is to defend earth.

Thanks
    Why are these two even compared?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    can anyone beat Goku in the anime/cartoon world?

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Lol @ Scot, Goku's only point is to defend earth.
    No, that's not his only point. That's something he does because of his nice character, but it's not his only point. Why do you think Goku spends half of his series training and Superman doesn't? People who compare these characters in terms of strength are idiots. Superman will always win, he's as strong as Earth needs him to be. Goku keeps training to GET stronger, that's the point of the fucking series. And that's just talking about the balanced New-Earth Superman. If we look at Silver Age Superman, he can make powers up on the spot. If Silver-age Superman fought Goku, he would "acquire" a power that's super-effective on Sayajins.

Not to mention Superboy/Superman-Prime, the character that shoved his dick up Death itself, and has single-handedly destroyed what was it, 10 universes?

Sorry, Goku just doesn't stand a chance. But it's clear you're an ignorant weeaboo ****** who doesn't know shit about Superman, so I don't know why I'm even wasting my time arguing with you.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    No, that's not his only point. That's something he does because of his nice character, but it's not his only point. Why do you think Goku spends half of his series training and Superman doesn't? People who compare these characters in terms of strength are idiots. Superman will always win, he's as strong as Earth needs him to be. Goku keeps training to GET stronger, that's the point of the fucking series. And that's just talking about the balanced New-Earth Superman. If we look at Silver Age Superman, he can make powers up on the spot. If Silver-age Superman fought Goku, he would "acquire" a power that's super-effective on Sayajins.

Not to mention Superboy/Superman-Prime, the character that shoved his dick up Death itself, and has single-handedly destroyed what was it, 10 universes?

Sorry, Goku just doesn't stand a chance. But it's clear you're an ignorant weeaboo ****** who doesn't know shit about Superman, so I don't know why I'm even wasting my time arguing with you.

Again, you are arguing based off of different authors and different genres.

Comics in general make there characters ridiculous. That is the whole idea of comics, he can life X(whatever number you want to make up) fly at X speed(whatever number you want to make up) and punch with X force (whatever number you want to make up.

Comics are nerdy, they always have been. That's why they include random and unimportant statistics that have nothing to do with anything.

By contrast, shonen and anime don't do that. They don't state any math because well, its pointless. The audience doesn't give a shit if he can lift 2 or 2billion, its all about what happens in the story.
    -------------------------------------------------------------

Superman, and really any comic hero, are not consistent in any portrayal of their characters. They have so much run-time that a 50+ year old character will have 10-20 different lifetimes according to the comic, each with its own strengths and weaknesses.

Anyone with a power, can eventually become a god. All it takes is some flimsy switch on of the story and bang, there you go, another comic "god" if you will.
    (at least this isn't marvel where there are actually god's all over the place).
    ---------------------------------

Then you have your basic problem: BOTH are fictional characters that win almost every extreme battle because they have some ridiculous power that they gain in the heat of the moment, some weakness they can power through, or some ridiculous power-up that comes from reality distortion.

I mean you are arguing two fictional characters that have about as much story depth as the author just saying "oh he punched a hole through the other guy, because I say so.".
    --------------------

In other words: Scot, you are a hypocritical piece of shit. Calling people in the anime section weabos and ******s because you think superman would win and you can't admit that its just your fucking opinion.

Moron.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Blake View Post
    I'll agree with you only because I'm a die hard dbz fan.
    So am I, but still, Goku without a doubt would win anyway, like OP said, he has the power to do so.
    :/ why is this even a topic?

Assuming they were on equal power levels, goku knows martial arts. If we know anything about asian culture, its that if you know martial arts and the other side doesn't, you automatically win.
    That's true. Like when Bruce Lee beat Chuck Norris.
    Formerly known as gamer4evere

Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Oh scot, your insults are just so childish.

:/ Still arguing comics vs anime and comparison of universes.

Heck, didn't goku fight his "god" or w/e?

Again, two different universes and you are comparing them with nothing than your opinion.

You can choose to insult me all you want, just makes you look like a kid when you repeat yourself 3 times in a single post because you don't have anything better to say.

Thanks
    reviving this shit cuz i like to voice my opinon goku has limits where as superman who doesnt need eat sleep or breathe the goku would eventually run out of energy even when he transform yeah he has more power and blah blah but he also is depleted faster and my last point...there will never ever be a moment in time where gokue and superman fight they both just want to defend earth so..forget it fanboys and btw dbz was my childhood but im unbiased in these type of matters i know when someone is better than someone else...just thought about something...superman doesnt even need to fight goku ..either take her into space or throw him in the sun just one last thing does anyone remember the fact superman is invulnerable this guy flew thru the core of a star...
    Last edited by Starkw; 09-05-2013 at 05:16 PM.

Thanks
    :/ why is this even a topic?

Assuming they were on equal power levels, goku knows martial arts. If we know anything about asian culture, its that if you know martial arts and the other side doesn't, you automatically win.
    Superman learned Torquasm-Vo - an Ancient Kryptonian martial art..just sayin

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    So fucking tired of ignorant weeabo ******s who think Goku could win this. To sum it up, short and sweet:

The point of Goku's character is to keep improving, he has a limit, and he keeps besting it. The point of Superman's character is to be Earth's defender, he's as strong as Earth needs him to be, he has no limit. Goku simply can NOT beat Superman, end of story.

death battle is inconsistent and bullshit says goku would never weaken superman with kryptonite because he wants him at full power so they won't put that in but harry potter wont use the death shot thing but they put him using it anyways they are bs

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Poison View Post

death battle is inconsistent and bullshit says goku would never weaken superman with kryptonite because he wants him at full power so they won't put that in but harry potter wont use the death shot thing but they put him using it anyways they are bs
    Yeah, goku is too light-headed or w/e to use some sort of cheap mechanic like that.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    yay my tread is popular

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Shit. This is so much. But Superman will forever win!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast