Lurking
    Psychotic is on vacation.
    Rep. Power: 126

Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post

I don't know if you can entirely blame him though. It's the communication that lacks in the group.
    I did suggest a skype group for the newsfo. But it didn't fly.

Come to think of it, I haven't done anything this week, but that's mostly because nobody has reported to be inactive so that I can do their part. Since that's my job.
    then instead of all these promotions @Dave's Sheep needs to make cuts and leave the work load to 3 people who report/write news/interview/etc. You can make it so that the person who's writing can choose any person of their choosing to help them out if they start to stuggle... already there you have 3 people making the report with another 3 backups in case... @Dave's Sheep will edit it, upload it, etc. If he can't do that in a small time, then he'll need to downstep as an editor and promote someone who can. If he's able to edit it, then he needs to hire someone who (when he's inactive) can knock him out hims

You need to start a skype thread, where everyone can community, regardless if you're online or offline since that's the first thing you're going to see when you get on your computer.

If the forum part is being taken care of then someone needs to make a check list for all parts that are finished. Once they're all setup, @Dave's Sheep @psychotic needs to revise, edit, and publish. If @Dave's Sheep isn't online, then @psychotic will put together what's been submitted already and viceversa. If this can't be done as efficently and on time then sounds like we need a change of news team, less members and a smaller report, less members all together, better communication, backups for when each person is inactive (considering nobody has asked you for help @Antipathy and you've just been sitting there...) and active/responsible @editors/managers.

sounds like we need to promote someone to a new editor who's always active in the new teams, which mine would be flengo

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oneirish For This Useful Post:

Elocrypt. (08-23-2013),Flengo_Backup (08-24-2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirish View Post
    then instead of all these promotions @Dave's Sheep needs to make cuts and leave the work load to 3 people who report/write news/interview/etc. You can make it so that the person who's writing can choose any person of their choosing to help them out if they start to stuggle... already there you have 3 people making the report with another 3 backups in case... @Dave's Sheep will edit it, upload it, etc. If he can't do that in a small time, then he'll need to downstep as an editor and promote someone who can. If he's able to edit it, then he needs to hire someone who (when he's inactive) can knock him out hims

You need to start a skype thread, where everyone can community, regardless if you're online or offline since that's the first thing you're going to see when you get on your computer.

If the forum part is being taken care of then someone needs to make a check list for all parts that are finished. Once they're all setup, @Dave's Sheep @psychotic needs to revise, edit, and publish. If @Dave's Sheep isn't online, then @psychotic will put together what's been submitted already and viceversa. If this can't be done as efficently and on time then sounds like we need a change of news team, less members and a smaller report, less members all together, better communication, backups for when each person is inactive (considering nobody has asked you for help @Antipathy and you've just been sitting there...) and active/responsible @editors/managers.

sounds like we need to promote someone to a new editor who's always active in the new teams, which mine would be flengo
    Psychotic and Dave's Sheep is the same person.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post

Psychotic and Dave's Sheep is the same person.
    sounds like @Dave's Sheep needs someone to help him in his place to run shit since he's too inactive... Should give @Flengo the same priviliages since he's active and responsbile... .

Thanks
    I don't think sheep is on vacation. He's online from time to time.

Tech News wasn't done... And the person that was supposed to do it hasn't done it yet. Not only that but he's been online from time to time too.
    [] [] [] [][]

Editor from 06•14•2011 • 2014
    Donator since 09•16•2011
    Minion from 10•10•2011 • 01•06•2011
    Minion+ from 01•06•2012 • 08•08•2012
    Moderator from 08•08•2012 • 10•06•2012
    Global Moderator from 10•06•2012 • 12•05•2017
    Staff Administrator from 12•05•2017 • 05•01•2019
    Trusted Member since 07•13•2019
    Global Moderator since 09•11•2020

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hero For This Useful Post:

Flengo_Backup (08-24-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Corbis View Post
    I didn't know that Dave's Sheep is on a vacation /
    He's on vacation with Dave. They have gone to New Zealand to do some sheep spotting!

Thanks
    To @Oneirish and anyone else bitching

You honestly have no clue. I'm looking through your posts, and to be honest, all I see is ignorance. Don't say something if you don't know.
    I am Psychotic, aka now Dave's Sheep. I am the creator of the News FO, and have managed it fluently for a very long time. Obviously, you don't know what goes on in our subforum, or in my life for that matter of fact.

for some reason, I can't post my like 2-3 paragraphs I had written. Everytime I try, it gives me 403, so if you're interested in wondering as to why it hasn't/sometimes isn't posted, PM me. I'll be happy to explain it to you.
    Last edited by Psychotic; 08-23-2013 at 04:11 PM.

Super User since 02.02.2020
    Global Moderator since 09.23.2017
    Moderator since 09.01.2016
    Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Marketplace Minion since 06.09.2016
    Trove Minion since 06.06.2016
    Middleman since 04.21.2016
    Social Engineering Minion since 02.03.2016
    News FO Freelancer From 11.08.2015 to 07.23.2016
    News FO Head Editor From 08.23.2015 to 11.08.2015
    News FO Head Editor From 07.19.2012 to 08.11.2014
    MPGH News and News FO Founder
    Programming Minion From Unknown to 04.23.2013
    Minecraft Minion From 09.19.2012 to 04.23.2013
    Member since 05.13.2012

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Psychotic For This Useful Post:

Color (08-23-2013),Flengo_Backup (08-24-2013),[MPGH]Hugo Boss (08-24-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Sheep View Post
    To @Oneirish and anyone else bitching

You honestly have no clue. I'm looking through your posts, and to be honest, all I see is ignorance. Don't say something if you don't know.
    I am Psychotic, aka now Dave's Sheep. I am the creator of the News FO, and have managed it fluently for a very long time. Obviously, you don't know what goes on in our subforum, or in my life for that matter of fact.

for some reason, I can't post my like 2-3 paragraphs I had written. Everytime I try, it gives me 403, so if you're interested in wondering as to why it hasn't/sometimes isn't posted, PM me. I'll be happy to explain it to you.
    What I wrote was what Could of have been happening. I didn't mean to come off ignorant but you weren't in the conversation to speak for yourself. As I mentioned if you're getting errors can't you have another person set it up and post, or find a 2nd person to help you out with your job. Considering it's been a week + over due

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirish View Post
    What I wrote was what Could of have been happening. I didn't mean to come off ignorant but you weren't in the conversation to speak for yourself. As I mentioned if you're getting errors can't you have another person set it up and post, or find a 2nd person to help you out with your job. Considering it's been a week + over due
    Oh, dude, shut the fuck up, seriously.

Sometimes we miss weeks, it's not overdue. We don't work on your time. You obviously don't have access to our sub forum so you wouldn't know. Actually, you haven't been active since recently, so you wouldn't know that the News FO has been on top of the news for a long time now. We went on a streak for at LEAST 10 editions, and then we had bumps, etc etc. Though, it's not gonna be perfect.

If I could post what I had written earlier, MAYBE you'd understand that the team doesn't entirely have their heart in it, and if everyone doesn't turn their shit in, I don't compile it.

Super User since 02.02.2020
    Global Moderator since 09.23.2017
    Moderator since 09.01.2016
    Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Marketplace Minion since 06.09.2016
    Trove Minion since 06.06.2016
    Middleman since 04.21.2016
    Social Engineering Minion since 02.03.2016
    News FO Freelancer From 11.08.2015 to 07.23.2016
    News FO Head Editor From 08.23.2015 to 11.08.2015
    News FO Head Editor From 07.19.2012 to 08.11.2014
    MPGH News and News FO Founder
    Programming Minion From Unknown to 04.23.2013
    Minecraft Minion From 09.19.2012 to 04.23.2013
    Member since 05.13.2012

Thanks
    If I could post what I had written earlier, MAYBE you'd understand that the team doesn't entirely have their heart in it, and if everyone doesn't turn their shit in, I don't compile it.
    So if you were manager of a store and your team didn't have heart in it, you would let your store go to shit? Alright man, keep up the excuses. It's called motivating your team. Don't call other people disrespectful when your not doing anything worthwhile. Take the criticism and flip it around, use it to motivate your team and ACTUALLY get stuff done. You even have the power to fire/hire new members and you aren't taking advantage of replacing the slackers. I can see your section just fine, I don't see shit going on besides a few people who turned in their assignments. Not to mention, a week ago you posted complaining about the inactivity and how people need to get back on track. So let me ask you, what exactly are you doing to get everyone back on track?

Thanks to @Nitekillr @Doc @Flengo for turning in stuff.
    Last edited by Distraught; 08-23-2013 at 08:52 PM.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Distraught For This Useful Post:

Elocrypt. (08-23-2013),Flengo_Backup (08-24-2013),Instagram (08-23-2013),Oneirish (08-23-2013)

Thanks
    I'm glad somebody brought this up, i've been wondering about this myself.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Oh, dude, shut the fuck up, seriously.

Sometimes we miss weeks, it's not overdue. We don't work on your time. You obviously don't have access to our sub forum so you wouldn't know. Actually, you haven't been active since recently, so you wouldn't know that the News FO has been on top of the news for a long time now. We went on a streak for at LEAST 10 editions, and then we had bumps, etc etc. Though, it's not gonna be perfect.

You want me to take over and show you how to be a manager of a team...? If someone isn't pulling their end, you replace/get rid of them. If someone isn't meeting the deadline then you replace them... It's that fucking simple. You're supposed to be a manager and make sure everyone is getting everything done at a specific time. Yeah you guys were doing awesome before but this is a job that you accepted. If you're going to slack and not motivate the people who are writing the story then you need to step down as manager, or step up and get this new done. I know all the people who turned in their stories and are sitting with their tumbs up their ass waiting for it to be finished.

It's always the managers fault, not the employee since he's supposed to be the one in charge...

I know you're not working on "my time" but you do have a time that you have to meet which you aren't... I will gladly write this whole fucking news myself. Shouldn't take a month for a weekly news feed
    @Distraught is right. If this was a company it would be failing badly

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by Distraught View Post

So if you were manager of a store and your team didn't have heart in it, you would let your store go to shit? Alright man, keep up the excuses. It's called motivating your team. Don't call other people disrespectful when your not doing anything worthwhile. Take the criticism and flip it around, use it to motivate your team and ACTUALLY get stuff done. You even have the power to fire/hire new members and you aren't taking advantage of replacing the slackers. I can see your section just fine, I don't see shit going on besides a few people who turned in their assignments. Not to mention, a week ago you posted complaining about the inactivity and how people need to get back on track. So let me ask you, what exactly are you doing to get everyone back on track?
    I appreciate the thanks, but I would also like to say that we shouldn't need to be motivated to write the articles. We WILLINGLY signed up for this position. Psychotic is just too big of a softie (and he knows).

Maybe I shoulda talked to him about being temp. leader on vacations 'n shit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    I hate you colin. I really hate you.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitekillr View Post
    I appreciate the thanks, but I would also like to say that we shouldn't need to be motivated to write the articles. We WILLINGLY signed up for this position. Psychotic is just too big of a softie (and he knows).
    Well that's exactly the issue. It wasn't meant to be rude until he started getting mad at others over his lack of work. He has the power to fire people and hire new ones so there should be no complaining or excuses when stuff isn't being done. It's just the matter of him not wanting/having the time to do it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast