Thanks

Performance boost help

hii!

I have an i3, but my graphics card is a crappy 9400gt. My pc can barely manage 30 fps on low. Can someone link me to a performance config or something that would make my game lighter to run?

Thanks
    Depends

Set ALL settings to low, except AF (x16) and mesh (medium)

Run at low resolution 800x600 (windowed) and use (BF3 Borderless - Realmware BF3 Tools) to make fullscreen (less memory load)

Download throttlestop: ThrottleStop & RealTemp Discussion
    You probably have a Core2 something

https://img638.imageshack.us/img638/5...echinferno.png

Set multiplier and VID to highest value

Don't tick any checkbox below

Hit "save" and "turn on" (if it's not on)

At this point you should minimize it

Download: MSI Afterburner

This enables OC of graphics card to make it faster (beware heat though, clean your laptop vents+fan hole)

Download: What's New | GeForce newest drivers

Make sure your power management in windows is set to have 100% minimal and maximal cpu usage.
    Rig | 5820K - GTX1080 AMP
    P870KM1 | 7700K - GTX1080N SLi

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Graphics card isn't very important, its all about how good your cpu is and how many cores it is running on.

Thanks
    I know it sounds cocky of me to say this but honestly would it hurt to upgrade your graphics card? I mean for maybe about 100$ you could get a decent Radeon HD or the GTX 550 ( assuming you purchase from amazon ). if not the GTX 550 could run you about 149$

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hidudeshi View Post
    Graphics card isn't very important, its all about how good your cpu is and how many cores it is running on.
    Battlefield 3 runs 4 cores, and the i3 runs 2 cores assuming he has earlier version of this product. so yes his cpu is outdated too however if he did overclock then he could reach the 4 core requirement easily, but not many people know how to overclock or keep their computer cool enough to handle overclocking options.

I have AMD FX-9590 black edition which costs about 699$ which is great because it's unlocked and I can tweak it however I want and it's an eight-core which is overkill for bf3 this CPU should have no problems on bf4 as well.

but if you're on a budget build and don't care too much for the graphics and don't mind playing on medium settings you could get the AMD FX-6300 or get CPU's that come with integrated graphics if you can't afford both a CPU + GPU
    Last edited by I_am_royalty; 09-29-2013 at 05:55 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by hidudeshi View Post
    For some games that is true; however, BF3 relies on more gfx memory than cpu memory. My gfx card has 3GB DDR5 and I'm running it with an old quad core setup - I can run the game on ultra settings with max resolution just fine. OP just needs to update his GFX card. Some can be really cheap, like less than $150, and still be amazing; mine was about 145 and runs great (I bought a GTX 650).