Thanks

Problems concerning nvidia drivers.

I have a Nvidia GT 540M on my laptop, & I've been playing Combat Arms for a while now.
    Updating my drivers has never come across my mind, until recently this week when a friend mentioned that the new update lets him play various of games that he couldn't before.

So I said why not, & updated my Nvidia drivers. I now have the 327.23 Graphics Driver, and it seems that Combat Arms has actually been performing slower. Before I updated (me previously being on a (around) 200.00 graphics driver), I could play Combat Arms on a solid 60 FPS. Now with the 327.23 Drivers even with the lowest settings, I still can't get above an average of 30 FPS.

The question I'm asking is, am I the only one who is experiencing this? Is it my laptop or something to do with the actual driver update? Did I do something wrong?

I'm not asking how to perform a rollback on my graphics drivers, because this new update has actually allow me to properly play games like Battlefield 3 & Crysis 2 though making Combat Arms unplayable. I've also tried using programs like Game Booster, though that has only kicked up the FPS by a few points, though is not enough for me to enjoy playing Combat Arms without lagging.

Sorry for this long thread, & thanks.
    ^^'
    Last edited by Pretti; 10-01-2013 at 03:38 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Shocked
    Since is surely a driver problem, you should ask on nvidia forum/support, I'm pretty sure that not a lot of people here can help you for this problem, or even understand your post properly.

If the driver are updated often, see if it's autofixed for next update... or try to re-install the game...

Good Luck and sorry for bad english.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretti View Post
    I have a Nvidia GT 540M on my laptop, & I've been playing Combat Arms for a while now.
    Updating my drivers has never come across my mind, until recently this week when a friend mentioned that the new update lets him play various of games that he couldn't before.

So I said why not, & updated my Nvidia drivers. I now have the 327.23 Graphics Driver, and it seems that Combat Arms has actually been performing slower. Before I updated (me previously being on a (around) 200.00 graphics driver), I could play Combat Arms on a solid 60 FPS. Now with the 327.23 Drivers even with the lowest settings, I still can't get above an average of 30 FPS.

The question I'm asking is, am I the only one who is experiencing this? Is it my laptop or something to do with the actual driver update? Did I do something wrong?

I'm not asking how to perform a rollback on my graphics drivers, because this new update has actually allow me to properly play games like Battlefield 3 & Crysis 2 though making Combat Arms unplayable. I've also tried using programs like Game Booster, though that has only kicked up the FPS by a few points, though is not enough for me to enjoy playing Combat Arms without lagging.

^^'
    Try your windows update.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretti View Post

^^'

Do you update windows often? Have you ever had any issues with the old driver? Questions like that should come to mind when it comes to problems such as these. Else it could just be the update that could have triggered something.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Shocked
    If he updated the driver using windows update there should be a backup that windows make itself everytime it update that he can restore.

Thanks
    I know some of the older nVidia M drivers give problems, try an older driver, look for an archive on nvidia's site. Maybe try a few versions back