Thread: How I feel

Thanks

How I feel

Hey guys, first post what's up. So let me just start off by saying you will probably find mistakes in this thread, and I would approve if you corrected me calmly without saying "You dumbass blah blah blah" Anyways let's get started, I have just been having these thoughts and I just want to write it off.

Why do people like debating religion? Let me ellaborate, I am a muslim, I love and practice my religion, but once it comes down to talking about it with other religions I just feel extremely uncomfortble. I honestly don't know why we can't just stick with our religion and shut up about it. I am going to speak for myself, and not other muslims right now. I don't get a feeling of superiority when I bash someone's religion, because when you think about it, you are telling them that their whole belief in life and many other prospectives is a lie, and you should convert to your religion (or athiesm whatever floats your boat) I have been bullied now for many years because of my religion. At school, "Terrorist" is a regular thing thrown at me. I chose to fight a couple times, but that only stops 1 person, not others. Fighting has become pointless and I just chose to ignore the ignorant comments. Now, there are many bad people in many religions, sadly, my religion is in the center of the discrimination (Keep in mind this is from personal experience) and I don't get it. I live in America, born in Iraq. America promised me a freedom to follow my religion. I can say that promise is kept, not regulated. The amount of discrimination and dirty looks my mother gets because she wears a Hijab while going outside and doing every day things like Shopping for groceries is beyond my comprehension.

Now, I see threads on here saying "Islam is a peaceful religion? Well the prophet -blah blah blah-"
    You are partially right in a way. Although we can't agree on the same beliefs, I believe Christianity is a peaceful religion, just like Islam. Every religion has it's ups and downs I guess. But I guess if I can wish only 1 wish is to stop the arguements about religion and actually enjoy practicing them, or, not practice them at all if that is what you believe in. I am not going to judge you because you are an athiest, christian, or anything. I will judge you based on the content of your character. (partially stolen from MLK :P) Anyways friends, I just don't understand why people feel superior when making someone else's beliefs that they have been practicing all their lives feel like shit. It's a messed up world here.

Thanks
    Live a lie and pray to gods that don't exist I couldn't care less. The debate fort is for debates and religion is a hot topic, what else would you expect? '

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Debating has been exsisted like forever, not only about religion.

It's just how it is, nothing is perfect, religions across the world always had errors.

Communication is the key. Ignorance is great solution, but sometimes you have to stand up for yourself and beliefs.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    This is the debate section. I don't know why people come in here questioning that.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    This is the debate section. I don't know why people come in here questioning that.
    Because they feel like they cannot debate their religion well so they give up entirely.

Same reason people go on video game forums and complain X-class is awful.