Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

MPGH News (10/4/13)

40th Edition
    10/4/13

Mentions and Thanks
    For the past few weeks, the Thanks plugin has been disabled as it was causing too many problems with MPGH. Last week, Flengo had created a thread where members could vote to either: 1. Replace Thanks plugin with the old one we had OR 2. Allow Dave to fix it (You can view that thread here).

Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    Spent about a hour or two cleaning up the old data, the site seems a ton faster now. I need to add the old thanks back and we should be good to go.
    Thanks is assumed to come back very soon. Mentions was added back earlier this week / last week after numerous intermittent disables and re-enables of the plugin.

MPGH.. Pharaohs?
    A revived and new addition to MPGH - Pharaohs. @Raple Syrup had come up with this idea roughly 6 months ago, but it's merely a voting contest for who is MPGH's "Pharaoh". The thread is made at the beginning of every month, and voting lasts for 72 hours. The person with the most votes obtains the Pharaoh tag, which is no more than a vanity tag. The pharaoh, aka the winner, is allowed to have the Pharaoh tag on up until the next Pharaoh is chosen. You can see the most recent competition here: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/2-general/...-will-win.html

The tag has no "official" ranking, though the tag is given by an administrator once voting has finished. To learn more about the Pharaoh Competition, go here: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/2-general/...tion-info.html

User News:

- The week's edition contains two week's worth of User News.
    - Call of Duty minion applications have opened up! If you have a strong interest in Call of Duty and you are wishing to moderate for the Call of Duty section, apply here.
    - Battlefield minion applications have also opened up! If you have a strong interest in Battlefield, apply here
    - Donate to MPGH today! You can donate via Amazon Gift Card or through PayPal!

Postbans

Congratulations to @Approved . on achieving 9,000 posts!
    Congratulations to @Twin Cities on achieving 2,000 posts!
    Congratulations to @Ghost on achieving 22,000 posts!
    Congratulations to @Hannibal on achieving 26,000 posts!
    Congratulations to @Proton+ on achieving 2,000 posts!
    Congratulations to @Aborted on achieving 11,000 posts!
    Congratulations to @Womanizer` on achieving 1,337 posts!
    Congratulations to @HalfBajan on achieving 3,000 posts!
    Congratulations to @[D]opeDog on achieving 2,000 posts!
    Congratulations to @Vertice on achieving 1,337 posts!
    Congratulations to @Lovroman on achieving 2,000 posts!
    Congratulations to @Mr Monster on achieving 2,000 posts!
    Congratulations to @Aborted's Son on achieving 3,000 posts!
    Congratulations to @Skipsy on achieving 1,337 posts!
    Congratulations to @Blake on achieving 5,000 posts!
    Congratulations to @Gοku on achieving 1,337 posts!

Promotions

Congratulations to @Symmetrical on Minion!

Birthdays

Happy belated birthday to @Shadeyz346 !

Resignations/Demotions

@Approved . is no longer a moderator and a middleman.
    @Twin Cities is no longer a minion.
    @Paralyze is no longer a minion.
    @Kenshin13 is no longer a minion.

Interview - Vertice

Euphemistic: Hello Vertice, how are you doing today?
    Vertice: Great Brinley, how about you?
    Euphemistic: I'm doing fine, thanks for asking. So when and why did you join MPGH?
    Vertice: Well, I believe I had an account back in 2011 sometime around August, but that's old news. My new account joined in September 2012, I originally joined to of course download some hacks but then found the general section and started to embrace the social aspect of MPGH.
    Euphemistic: Likewise. What games did you hack on?
    Vertice: Well, a few actually. Mission Against Terror, World of Warcraft and Call of Duty: MW2
    Euphemistic: I used to be a MAT player as well. Also COD MW2. I've wrecked little noobies and made myself felt like a badass.
    Vertice: Haha
    Euphemistic: So what have you accomplish here ever since you joined MPGH?
    Vertice: Well, I've become a member of the News Force along with you, and I'm currently applying for two Minion position in the Battlefield and C.O.D section. I've also met some great people. Oh, and produced a few injector's myself.
    Euphemistic: Well, let's just hope for the best that you get either one or both. I also applied to be one of the minions there. Also Crossfire. Oh yeah, how are you and your injectors? Have you released a current one yet?
    Vertice: I haven't released one in a few weeks but I'm hoping to create two soon for both the COD and Battlefield sections. And thanks, I really do hope I make the position. Also, goodluck.
    Euphemistic: It would also be great to see some hacks from you, won't you think? And thank you too. What do you enjoy doing in your free time away from your computer/laptop?
    Vertice : Yeah I'll try, but I'm not very good with coding. I enjoy playing sports and chilling with friends at beaches or jumping off bridges with mates. ^_^
    Euphemistic: What else do you do besides that? Have you fucked any bitches lately?
    Vertice: Umm, Idk hahaha. School? Oh son, I get all the bitches. Finger licking good time mate.
    Euphemistic: That souns really fun! Now, before we end this interview, would you like to give a shout outs to anyone?
    Vertice : Uhh, well. I'm not sure I'd like to congratulate Symmetrical on his new Minion position and welcome Flengo back. Oh and also to all my aussies Go the Hawks!
    Euphemistic: Alright Vertice, thank you for your time
    Vertice: You're welcome Brin
    Euphemistic: It's actually Euphemistic now. But you can call me whatever you want.
    Vertice: Yeah, but I prefer Brin :P

Interview - Raple Syrup

Euphemistic: Hello Raple Syrup, how are you today?
    Raple Syrup: Pretty good, yourself?
    Euphemistic: Feeling awesome. Thanks for asking. When did you first join MPGH? And why?
    Raple Syrup: I first found out about MPGH back in 2011 for Runescape bots, but came fully into the community and apart of the RotMG Section in 2013.
    Euphemistic: How did you find out about MPGH? Were there any friends that recommended you about it?
    Raple Syrup: Actually, a few of my old clan mates were talking about it on RS and I ended up checking out. I'm quite glad I did.
    Euphemistic: Yeah, I tend to like those kinds of mates that recommend you a site. One of my buddies provided me with this one hacking site too. It was not MPGH though. Well what were your accomplishments ever since you joined MPGH?
    Raple Syrup: My main goal obviously is to be liked and respected by my fellow community, but I have been striving to become a minion in the RotMG section. It has been my home since I joined.
    Euphemistic: Has there been any RotMG section application thread ever since you got there?
    Raple Syrup: There was many months ago, but sadly I was too new and had too few posts to apply. I was quite disappointed.
    Euphemistic: Ah yes, the dissapointment. Well, what other things you do besides going to MPGH and play games?
    Raple Syrup: Well, I have been a writer for my local paper for a while now. I am a beginner coder, and hope to become more experienced over time. I also have been trying to bring up and maintain a Minecraft server.Euphemistic: Well, better get started on them hacks. Play any instruments?
    Raple Syrup: I play the trumpet, tuba, trombone, saxophone, and some piano. I really enjoy music.
    Euphemistic: Well what type of music genre do you mostly prefer?
    Raple Syrup: It is quite cliche now a days, but dubstep is my main preference.
    Euphemistic: I'm open-minded. I go from Death Metal, to Bon Jovi, to Ozzi, then to Pop-ish. What are your future goals in life?
    Raple Syrup: The most obvious is I want to go to college and hope to make plenty of money to support my family. I also strive to be a famous youtuber.
    Euphemistic: How many subscribers do you have as if now?
    Raple Syrup: I have yet to start sadly.
    Euphemistic: Well, that's definitely something to start out your path. Anyway, it's been good talking to you. Would you like to give a shout out to anyone?
    Raple Syrup: My glorious sheep, @Gloo . Also, all my current editors @carbonnade , @UGCfour , and @Gloo .
    Euphemistic: Thank you for your time Raple Syrup, I appreciate it.
    Raple Syrup: No problem, thanks for the interview.

Rockstar Confirms DLC Plans

This was to be expected, honestly. Rockstar North president Leslie Benzies revealed that the studio has "about 45 years worth of ideas" up its sleeve. These ideas (obviously) relate to GTA V and GTA Online.

"We’ve got about 45 years worth of ideas we want to do. We don't know what GTA VI will be, but we've got some ideas. GTA Online is the focus right now. There ain't no rest between finishing V and then Online. Plus we have some other things - stuff, DLC, I don't know how to describe it exactly - that we'd like to do, and we'll pick the right ones."
    Glad to see GTA V isn't going to be their last installment. Now all we need is a FUCKING PC PORT.

Need For Speed Rivals Gets New Screenshots & Gameplay Video

EA released some new screenshots and gameplay footage of Need For Speed: Rivals. The game will be using the Forstbite 3 engine, and will be released on November 22 for all three platforms (PC, PS3, X360). Also, the game will be locked at 30 FPS. I certainly hope it is. I mean, it'd better be 30 FPS the entire game and not just 30 FPS max. That'd be some bullshit. Anyway, here's the stuff.

Valve Files Half-Life 3 Trademark!

Oh hot damn, this is some bitchin' news. It seems that Valve filed a patent with the EU Trademark and Design Registrations Office a little bit ago for Half-Life 3.
    The bad thing is, is that this may or may not be news. It may be a sign that Half-Life 3 will be completed soon, or it may just be Valve's lawyers securing rights for a future title. We won't really know, now, will we?
    Below is a screenshot of the patent application from the OHIM.
    [IMG]https://files.gamebanan*****m/bitpit/hl3.png[/IMG]

Boston Homeless man returns lost bag filled with money.
    [IMG]https://lh4.googleuserconten*****m/IRcyBpkzKy1kifU_r8XwVqlVBZy8R3o1dDWJ-IsoiOMuSR-5eprWOzkaGpBsOVTyVloEy9_yE2rU82O3lIyoS1CqAFY54cLik 2dJUhE03UJEpdE9SIH46hDz[/IMG]
    Glen James, of Boston, left, smiles in the direction of members of the media as Boston Police Commissioner Edward Davis, right, looks on during a news conference at the police headquarters, in Boston.

A homeless man in Boston, was honored for flagging down police after he discovered a bag filled with thousands of money, $2,400, and $40,000 travelers check, and other personal papers.

The Boston Police, Edward Davis, honored Glen James for his good deed, and awarded him with a special citation and thanked for doing an “extraordinary shows of character and honesty” (Such an honorable act, he should be awarded with the bag of cash.)

The bag's owner told workers at an area Best Buy and called police, who then brought the owner to a nearby police station and returned the backpack to him after confirming it really belonged to him.

James told the news that he has been homeless since 2005. He also said that he worked for the court system 13 or 14. He then lost his job after having a big argument with his boss. He added that it’s difficult for him to hold a job because he has a disease called, “Meniere’s Diseases.”

And get this, he said this to the media, “Even if I were desperate for money, I would not have kept even a penny,” he wrote in a statement due to embarrassment about a speech impediment.

source: foxnews

Car bomb kills 40 in northwest Pakistan.
    [IMG]https://lh5.googleuserconten*****m/fVCp4BezBI02dukdghai9ZP6Q9mJo_Cmc_9Kmsj6IO6xFLClaH A-zuw3NBtinQv8igubiWtMUgCzunCxI0njfbAsYBm0Zq7f2tntu-OPIOJ7dPBj1lIqMzyZ[/IMG]
    A Pakistani man carrying a child rushes away from the site of a blast shortly after a car exploded in Peshawar, Pakistan, Sunday, Sept. 29, 2013. A car bomb exploded on a crowded street in northwestern Pakistan Sunday, killing scores of people in the third blast to hit the troubled city of Peshawar in a week, officials said.

A car bomb ripped through a crowded street in Peshawar's oldest bazaar, killing 40 people in the third blast to hit the troubled Pakistani city in a week, officials say. No one immediately claimed responsibility for the attack.

The deadly blast occurred at the city’s historic Qissa Khawani bazaar, and comes a week after a pair of suicide bombers blew themselves up at 130-year-old All Saints Church in Peshawar. That attack killed 85 people and injured nearly 150. Rescue teams immediately reached the scene and brought the victims to Peshawar’s Lady Reading Hospital.

The strike was followed by another on Monday morning, also in North Waziristan. The suspected American drone strike killed four alleged militants, said intelligence officials.
    They did not have exact information on which group the militants killed in Monday's attack belonged to but said the area is dominated by fighters of warlords Hafiz Gul Bahadur and the Haqqani network, who are both known for targeting NATO troops in Afghanistan.

source: northjersey

US Government shuts down after congress fail to pass funding the bill.
    [IMG]https://lh3.googleuserconten*****m/pEkWVER_aTu7G4R0tPc7DC14tVV6-yXSBAJCel-_VDRIMqi5vZ33GxG8whk--CAn4BvvSIsiljqHcCIGK53cNnnlieI4IYpUw8gB8L6h46-oyRav_BXn63Ti[/IMG]
    The mood was grim at the Capitol Monday as Democrats and Republicans couldn't get it together for the good of the nation.

The US government had shut down at midnight, after House Republicans refused to budge on their effort to link the passage of the 2014 federal budget to a delay in the implementation of health care reform. When they wake up this morning, 800,000 workers — about 40 percent of the government's civilian work force will be temporarily out of a job, while 1 million federal employees will be asked to work without pay.

Legislation was passed, however, to fund the armed services during the shutdown.

But I must say, I remain utterly underwhelmed by Barack Obama with regard to his glaring inability to inform the American public about his Affordable Care Act over these past many years since the bill was proposed, passed and validated by the courts.

In one of their final moves, House Republicans attached language to a government funding bill that would delay the mandate that individuals obtain health insurance and would force members of Congress, their staffs and White House staff members to buy their health insurance on the new exchanges without any government subsidies.

Conservative activists have portrayed the language as ensuring that Congress and the White House would be held to the same strictures that apply to ordinary Americans under the health care law. In fact, the language would put poorly paid junior staff members at a disadvantage.

Most people buying coverage on the exchanges will receive subsidies through generous tax credits. Most Americans will still get their insurance from their employers, who will continue to receive a tax deduction for the cost of that care. Under the House language, lawmakers and their staffs, executive branch political appointees, the White House staff, and the president and vice president would have to pay the entire cost of health insurance out of pocket.

source:nydailynews

US Capitol Shooting

A woman with a young child in her car attempted to breach a White House checkpoint on Thursday, prompting a high-speed chase through the security-heavy streets of Washington that ended near the US Capitol when police shot her dead.

Government buildings on Capitol Hill were placed on lockdown and members of Congress sheltered in their offices as the incident unfolded.
    Capitol police said the woman was chased between the two centres of government, striking a police vehicle shortly before she was stopped. Officers shot the woman dead. The one-year-old child was unhurt.

Less than three weeks after a fatal shooting at the nearby navy yard left 12 dead, the incident put security forces on full alert and led to the temporary suspension of business in the House of Representatives, where lawmakers were debating the government shutdown.

The incident began at about 2.10pm ET when the woman attempted to get past an outer security checkpoint at the White House. She was challenged by secret service officers, and a police chase ensued. At one point, police cars surrounded the vehicle, but the woman reversed into one of them and drove off again. The chase eventually ended 1.7 miles from the White House, the US Capitol, where the woman was shot.

Witnesses reported hearing several "loud bangs” outside the Capitol complex. Video later emerged of a black sedan being chased at speed around the heavily-guarded roads close to the US Senate buildings.

"We heard three, four, five pops," said Senator Bob Casey, a Democrat who was walking from the Capitol to an office building across the street. Police ordered Casey and nearby tourists to crouch behind a car for protection, then hustled everyone into the Capitol, according to the Associated Press.

"There were multiple shots fired and the air was filled with gunpowder," said Berin Szoka, whose office at a technology thinktank overlooks the shooting scene.
    Cathy Lanier, chief of the Metropolitan police department in Washington, said the incident was not an accident and that the suspect attempted to breach two security barriers. "This was a lengthy pursuit," Lanier said.

Capitol police chief Kim Dine said the two scenes were quickly secured after a short security lockdown meant hundreds of government staff were told to “shelter in place”. He told reporters on Capitol Hill: “We have no information that this was related to terrorism or is anything other than an isolated incident."
    He confirmed that a Capitol police officer was hurt. The injured officer was evacuated by a helicopter which landed on the lawn in front of Congress. The officer was not seriously injured.

source: usatoday

Google’s 15 Birthday, and new “Hummingbird” search query algorithm.

September of 1998 marked one of the biggest progressions in the history of the world wide web, the founding of Internet giants, Google. Earlier this month signified a big event for the company, their 15th Birthday, and along with it, sweeping changes to the way we search using Google. Announced by Google Vice President Amit Singhal, the new search query algorithm, codenamed “Hummingbird, will better comprehend complex searches, and attempt to make connections between keywords and related searches. It will also better understand conversational language, including complete sentences, and diverse language aspects such as pronouns. Google states one of the main reasons behind the change is the large influx of searches from mobile devices via voice recognition, which uses much different search characteristics than the engine is used to. Though most of the changes have already been made, users will most likely not see a tangible difference until the system has been fully implemented.

Source: NYTimes.com, cne*****m

GPU14
    Well, the long-waited event and release is finally upon us. On September 25th, AMD announced its new line of Radeon GPU’s, live from sunny Oahu, Hawaii. The new Cards will be broken into 2 separate series, the Mid-Series R7’s, and the High-End/Flagship R9’s.

Starting off the new line-up is the budget R7 250 which will retail for less than $89.

The next card in the brand news series will be the $139 R7 260X.

Next we’ll be ascending into the Enthusiast tier R9 series with the $199 R9 270X.

Rounding out the lower-tier cards is the $299 R9 280X.

Finally, the card we’ve all been waiting for. The brand new, top-of-the-line, Titan Killer R9 290X.
    Boasting over a whopping 5 Teraflops of Computing Power, the R9 290X is at least 10% faster than NVIDIA’s GTX Titan. Though no price point has been set, it will most likely be in the same general range as the Titan, though one can expect it to be slightly lower.

With AMD already dominating the low to mid end market, Nvidia’s only true saving grace has been the high-tier enthusiast crowd. AMD’s new cards plan to even further their advantage on the lower end, providing even more power for less of a price. Though the real threat to NVIDIA lies in the monstrously power R9 series, which seem to blow all of the GTX series out of the water, including the long-hailed Titan.

Sources: TechPowerup

MPGH News Team

• Writers

Last edited by Hero; 10-05-2013 at 02:21 PM.

Super User since 02.02.2020
    Global Moderator since 09.23.2017
    Moderator since 09.01.2016
    Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Marketplace Minion since 06.09.2016
    Trove Minion since 06.06.2016
    Middleman since 04.21.2016
    Social Engineering Minion since 02.03.2016
    News FO Freelancer From 11.08.2015 to 07.23.2016
    News FO Head Editor From 08.23.2015 to 11.08.2015
    News FO Head Editor From 07.19.2012 to 08.11.2014
    MPGH News and News FO Founder
    Programming Minion From Unknown to 04.23.2013
    Minecraft Minion From 09.19.2012 to 04.23.2013
    Member since 05.13.2012

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    GOOD JAWB AND HAPPY BDAY SHADEZ.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Good job, dabe didn't give me my pharaoh

MPGH member since 11 February 2012
    Ex - Contributor
    Ex - CF minion

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Kenshin didn't resigned he was demoted..
    Also Good Job Nice Edition
    I do not use any type of messenger outside of MPGH.
    Inactive but you can reach me through VM/PM.

Donator - 30 August 2013
    Battlefield Minion - 26 October 2013

Blackshot Minion - 14 January 2014/16 September 2014
    Minecraft Minion - 7 February 2014/16 September 2014
    WarRock Minion - 23 February 2014
    League of Legends Minion - 21 March 2014

Minion+ - 15 May 2014
    Other Semi-Popular First Person Shooter Minion - 8 August 2014
    CrossFire Minion - 23 October 2014
    Programming Section Minion - 13 November 2014
    Marketplace Minion - 7 December 2014

Official Middleman - 7 December 2014 - 27 June 2015
    Moderator - 29 December 2014
    Project Blackout Minion - 10 January 2015
    News Force Interviewer - January 2015
    Steam Games Minion - 21 March 2015
    Dragon Nest Minion - 31 March 2015
    Publicist - April 2015 - 21 September 2015
    Global Moderator - 25 August 2015
    Super User - 13 August 2016

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Good job with the news

Thanks
    Thanks for the info great !

I got ants in my butt, and I needs to strut.
    Premium Seller
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Trusted
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    HL3 It was fake

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    good but I read the half life 3 one was fake
    Fear the old blood.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayion View Post
    Kenshin didn't resigned he was demoted..
    Also Good Job Nice Edition
    Hence "resignations/demotions". :/
    [] [] [] [][]

Editor from 06•14•2011 • 2014
    Donator since 09•16•2011
    Minion from 10•10•2011 • 01•06•2011
    Minion+ from 01•06•2012 • 08•08•2012
    Moderator from 08•08•2012 • 10•06•2012
    Global Moderator from 10•06•2012 • 12•05•2017
    Staff Administrator from 12•05•2017 • 05•01•2019
    Trusted Member since 07•13•2019
    Global Moderator since 09•11•2020

Thanks
    Great job on the news, a big thanks especially to @Aborted and @Vertice , great job for their first news

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroicXPharaoh View Post
    Great job on the news, a big thanks especially to @Aborted and @Vertice , great job for their first news
    And brinley too for the two interviews

MPGH member since 11 February 2012
    Ex - Contributor
    Ex - CF minion

Thanks
    Nice news

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joshZ View Post
    good but I read the half life 3 one was fake
    Daum really? I was hoping it was real..
    @Nitekillr

Super User since 02.02.2020