Thread: Avatar?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

No not the movie.

Avatar: The Last Air Bender& The legend of Korra. Technically I don't think this an anime but more like a western cartoon with anime/Japanese characteristics. TLAB is more of an ancient-ish theme which gives of a nice effect where as TLOK is more steampunky. I made this thread since the second season of TLOK came and and I wanted to know what you all think of the series'. Was TLAB better than TLOK? What do you think of it? I personally loved TLOK and I had high standards when TLOK came out but I was sightly disappointed.

When the hostile Fire Nation threatens to enslave the Water, Earth, and Air Nations, a reluctant and irresponsible boy must face his destiny as the Avatar, the Chosen One who can restore the world order. This new animated series centers on twelve-year-old Aang, who must forgo his selfish wandering to learn to master his latent powers over the four elements. Only then can he conquer the Firebenders, the evil nation that threatens the world.

Taking place 70 years after the events of "Avatar: The Last Airbender," this story follows the adventures of the Avatar after Aang - a passionate, rebellious, and fearless teenage girl from the Southern Water Tribe named Korra. With three of the four elements under her belt (Earth, Water, and Fire), Korra seeks to master the final element, Air. Her quest leads her to the epicenter of the modern "Avatar" world, Republic City - a metropolis that is fueled by steampunk technology. It is a virtual melting pot where benders and non-benders from all nations live and thrive. However, Korra discovers that Republic City is plagued by crime as well as a growing anti-bending revolution that threatens to rip it apart. Under the tutelage of Aang's son, Tenzin, Korra begins her airbending training while dealing with the dangers at large.

Thanks
    @arunforce
    The thread you've waited for has been made

[X]
    Crossfire minion since 06-12-2011
    Minecraft minion since 06-20-2011
    Moderator since 08-17-2011
    Global Moderator since 09-10-2011
    Super User since 08-27-2012
    [X] [X] [X]

Thanks
    Ohh, i did watch all the episodes of it before, it was gewd

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    TLAB was a lot better than Korra.

Korra...eh. Its a decent show, but its very iffy. There are ton of plotholes, random gaps in industrialization(robots but no guns, huh), and the whole plot of korra is more or less the controversy of having an avatar at a time of peace. I think its ok, but TLAB just has a HUGE

and i mean HUUUUUUUUUUGE

lead on korra as far as characters/plot/animation/soundtrack.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    @arunforce
    The thread you've waited for has been made
    Hey everbody, look at this guy, he hasn't seen Avatar the Last Airbender.

Let's all point and laugh.

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

Thanks
    TLAB was really entertaining much better than TLOK. I liked the whole travel aspect where Aang was training himself while fighting/running away from the fire nation. Comparing TLAB to TLOK is like comparing TLAB to it's live action movie.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I liked them. Not really anime for me but very interesting.
    Formerly known as gamer4evere

Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    I really don't get the plot in TLOK, like what's going on? First its amon and now what? I rewatch avatar now and then just for the sake of memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    TLAB was a lot better than Korra.

Korra...eh. Its a decent show, but its very iffy. There are ton of plotholes, random gaps in industrialization(robots but no guns, huh), and the whole plot of korra is more or less the controversy of having an avatar at a time of peace. I think its ok, but TLAB just has a HUGE

and i mean HUUUUUUUUUUGE

lead on korra as far as characters/plot/animation/soundtrack.
    I honestly don't mind Korra; it had huge potential with the whole Amon thing but nope.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    TLoK kinda sucked in the first season but just like I thought, the fights are already getting bigger and better every episode.. Just like in the original avatar :P

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    I prefer the TLOK over TLAB atm, I like how TLOK is actually going to the roots of the avatar and how it started as for how it's going I don't know, I haven't started the 2nd season of TLOK because I want to marathon it when it's over.

Member Since 8/05/2012
    Editor 4/04/13 - 4/21/13
    Middleman 7/14/13 - 11/4/13

Battlefield Minion 6/13/14-3/20/15
    Steam Minion 7/16/14-3/20/15

Minion+ 10/1/14-3/20/15
    M.A.T. Minion 10/19/14-3/20/15
    ROTMG Minion 1/14/15-3/20/15

Donator Since 2/26/15 (Thanks @Cursed!)
    Steam Minion 5/9/15 - 11/5/15
    OSFPS Minion 9/15/15 - 11/5/15

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Twatwaffle McDipshit View Post
    I prefer the TLOK over TLAB atm, I like how TLOK is actually going to the roots of the avatar and how it started as for how it's going I don't know, I haven't started the 2nd season of TLOK because I want to marathon it when it's over.
    Good idea but I find it extremely hard to wait lol.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Twatwaffle McDipshit View Post
    TLOK just had......problems.

You start off with a super-powered avatar. 3 forms already mastered.(fine ok, I can deal with that for the sake of rushing the plot).

Then you have a bad-guy who brings out a point that isn't really an issue in the avatar universe, especially TLAB. They basically went from honorific China to industrialized america in themes so the trade in villain just makes no sense as a continuation.
    -Amon's whole anti-bender thing is pretty silly from TLAB standpoint, but in Korra its more or less a season 2 or 3 villain standpoint after the world has already been established.
    -That being said Fire nation > Amon, i mean its one guy with a lame version of V for Vendetta. Surprised he didn't say "remember remember the 5th of november" at some point.

The entire "bending" game was just pathetic. Its dodgeball, did we really need all that time for dodgeball? I mean wow, they even wear protective gear! Idk, the duels in TLAB were such a small portion and they still represent a ton more than this.

Less fighting, more.....modern investigation shows? There is hardly any fight scenes, for a show like TLAB to have a GIANT list of action scenes, this series has very very little and they aren't exactly animated a higher quality than TLAB.

No buildup and no execution. Avatar form, amon, all that jazz was pretty lame in execution, and amon was a total letdown.

Characters: Even korra is kind of iffy for a main character. Much less all the other ones. I like bolin as a lesser Sokka(even though he's several years older than him so its kind of odd), but you got no great characters in the cast. Also the love-relationships were incredibly contrived and....damn, if I don't hate to say it, TLAB did that better and they were damn kids lol.
    Last edited by Empire; 10-08-2013 at 07:12 PM.

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    All my friends have a fucking orgasm anytime TLOK is mentioned, but it just doesn't seem all that interesting to me. I'll just stick with TLAB.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    TLAB was great, Have not watched it in some time, completely ignored TLOK looks shit.
    Fear the old blood.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by joshZ View Post
    TLAB was great, Have not watched it in some time, completely ignored TLOK looks shit.
    There really isn't anything to be gained from TLOK for TLAB fans.

Nothing of the original cast remains, the industrialization leaves you in an entirely different world, and most of what made TLAB epic is missing from TLOK.

I can't remember atm, but some other well known series went to shit the second season......oh yeah, SAO.
    Last edited by Empire; 10-10-2013 at 12:59 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast