Poll: Do you believe God exists? (Read First)

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Lightbulb Atheists & Christians

The main thing I've noticed Atheists are looking for is proof/evidence of the existence of God.

As Christians we live by Faith, and learn more about God through personal experiences with Him and reading His Word, and that builds Faith. A Christian has a relationship with God, and in many cases God has communicated to people; from seeing visions to hearing the audible voice of God.

There have been countless events where God has worked miracles in people's lives. This ranges from meeting someone special to healing sickness & disease to saving lives.

The workings of God and his Angels is far beyond the understanding of humans, and surpasses our laws of physics. Logic has nothing to do with Christianity; almost nothing can be logically explained.

Being a Christian, there's almost nothing to understand. There's just God's love, having a relationship with Him and believing by faith.

Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by Harpoon.; 10-16-2013 at 03:33 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Yes, there is a God, but of course simply saying that God exists does not mean there is one. The existence of God has been debated for centuries. Atheists deny him, or say they “lack belief in God.” We Christians, of course, not only believe in God but also claim to have a relationship with him through the person of Jesus Christ who has been revealed in the four Gospels of the New Testament. These four Gospels are historical documents that tell us who he was and what he did. They let us know that he claimed to be God in flesh. Consider Exodus 3:14 of the Old Testament when Moses asked God what his name was, God responded with, “I am that I am. Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, I am has sent me to you.” In John 8:58 Jesus said, “...before Abraham was, I am.” Whatever you might think of Jesus, according to the Gospels he claimed to be God. So, if you believe Jesus, then God exists.

Proving that God exists is another matter. But, you see, proof is for mathematics and logic. How do you “prove” there is a Great Being outside of our universe? Do we look for footprints in a riverbed? Do we examine evidence under a microscope and say, "A ha! There's God!"? That would be the wrong approach. If God exists, he would be beyond our universe, non-material, and transcendent. So, we would have to look for evidence that is consistent with a non-material and transcendent being.

Whatever argument you might accept or deny, it seems that your presuppositions are what determine if you believe in God or not. Atheists, of course, presuppose that God does not exist - by faith. They can't "know" he doesn't exist, nor can they prove that in all the universe (or outside of it) there is no God. But, their atheism means they will deny any evidences or explanations used to affirm his existence. On the other hand, Christians who claim to have an encounter with God rely on the revelation of Scripture to tell them who Christ is and who God is.

I have to ask, how could there not be a God? Look around you. The heavens declare the glory of God (Psalm 19:1). Consider the vastness of the universe, the perfection of the balance of life, and the incredible complexity of the information structures in DNA. Are we to believe that the super-complex information structures in the DNA molecule are the result of chance? Is life an accident? What about beauty? Is it nothing more than a chemical reaction in the brain? What about morality? Are there any moral absolutes such as, “It is always wrong to torture a baby to death merely for one’s personal pleasure”? Or, is such a moral absolute nothing more than the result of chemical reactions in our brains? If so, how does one chemical reaction which leads to another chemical reaction produce moral absolutes or even logical absolutes? Is it easier to conclude that such truths are the result of chemical reactions and brain wiring, or that they are authored by God? Is morality merely the situational-based whims of people’s preferences? Is the beauty of a sunset and the wonder of a new born baby's precious life a byproduct of the survival of the fittest?
    @Aborted

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Euphemistic For This Useful Post:

Coldfrye (10-25-2013),Harpoon. (10-16-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Euphemistic View Post
    Whatever argument you might accept or deny, it seems that your presuppositions are what determine if you believe in God or not. Atheists, of course, presuppose that God does not exist - by faith. They can't "know" he doesn't exist, nor can they prove that in all the universe (or outside of it) there is no God. But, their atheism means they will deny any evidences or explanations used to affirm his existence.
    Negative Proof Fallacy.
    Point nullified.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post

Negative Proof Fallacy.
    Point nullified.
    Well at least I tried.

Thanks
    Christians bitch at Atheists other screaming how they're are all the most ignorant people in the world for believing in God. The other counters back that Atheists are going to hell. Meanwhile, those who do not believe in organized religion yet have a belief in a deity find both parties to be obnoxious, ignorant, jaded, and flat out pathetic.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lehsyrus For This Useful Post:

Ferris Bueller (02-14-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    screaming how they're are all the most ignorant people in the world for believing in God.
    ​Neckbeard Atheists
    You were seeking love.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks

​Neckbeard Atheists
    Hipstatheists.

Thanks
    "There have been countless events where God has worked miracles in people's lives" Stopped reading here.

I'm atheist and it's staying that way. I do believe there is a superior person or entity, but not the god that Christians believe in
    Skype - JakeTheDragonSlayer
    Successful
    Buys/Trades/Sell
    8/0/9

Last Updated - 26th October 2013

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Embrace. View Post
    "There have been countless events where God has worked miracles in people's lives" Stopped reading here.

I'm atheist and it's staying that way. I do believe there is a superior person or entity, but not the god that Christians believe in
    If you believe in a superior being or entity then you aren't atheist. In fact you're the opposite, you're a theist. Don't throw that word around like some sort of buzzword when you don't even know what it means.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

ap0. (10-30-2013),Coldfrye (10-25-2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

If you believe in a superior being or entity then you aren't atheist. In fact you're the opposite, you're a theist. Don't throw that word around like some sort of buzzword when you don't even know what it means.
    Well I don't even know what theist means, didn't know it existed.
    Successful
    Buys/Trades/Sell
    8/0/9

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Embrace. View Post
    Well I don't even know what theist means, didn't know it existed.
    Too damn high for education and complicated words, amirite?
    Last edited by Rance-faga; 10-24-2013 at 04:02 PM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rance-Sama For This Useful Post:

ap0. (10-30-2013),Coldfrye (10-25-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by AqworldThunder View Post
    To damn high for education and complicated words, amirite?
    Too*
    That fucking irony.
    You were seeking love.
    Its name is Silence..

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aborted For This Useful Post:

Coldfrye (10-25-2013),Embrace. (10-24-2013),Euphemistic (10-28-2013),Jim (11-01-2013),Rance-Sama (10-24-2013),Fujiyama (10-24-2013)

Thanks

Too*
    That fucking irony.

Just noticed that... huehuehuehuehue

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AqworldThunder View Post
    Too damn high for education and complicated words, amirite?
    Not quiet. I just haven't heard of the word before. I pay no attention to religion
    Successful
    Buys/Trades/Sell
    8/0/9

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon. View Post
    There have been countless events where God has worked miracles in people's lives. This ranges from meeting someone special to healing sickness & disease to saving lives.
    *Modern Science

If You Like My Releases, Hit The Thanks button!
    Follow the rules.

Successful Purchases: 2
    @The403
    @sundy42
    Successful Sales: 1
    @wZ. Gali
    Scammed: 1

Favorite Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Who cares about simplified mandarin. The only problem here is that Cantonese (and Hokkien) is no longer being taught, but guess what, times change. There have been thousands of languages that have been lost to the ages, you'd be pissing in the wind to try and stop that.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to rileyjstrickland For This Useful Post:

ap0. (10-30-2013)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast