Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by robinvanpersie View Post
    Yes I know the difference, but you didn't answer my question. I'll repost it:

Do you seriously believe that the news in the media about Muslims has had no effect on your generalisations about Islam? Or did you become an Islamic scholar before Muslims were kept being put in the media spot light, and are making your generalisations based on your "knowledge" about Islam?
    It's rhetorical and irrelevant to what I posted. Nice try and using a red-herring though.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

It's rhetorical and irrelevant to what I posted. Nice try and using a red-herring though.
    You didn't answer my question again because you know I am right. I'll post it the question again, if you can't answer it then leave.

Do you seriously believe that the news in the media about Muslims has had no effect on your generalisations about Islam? Or did you become an Islamic scholar before Muslims were kept being put in the media spot light, and are making your generalisations based on your "knowledge" about Islam?
    Science is learning about the creation, Islam is learning about the creator.

Alif, Lam, Meem. - 2:1 Quran
    This is the Book about which there is no doubt, a guidance for those conscious of Allah(God) - 2:2 Quran
    Who believe in the unseen, establish prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them, - 2:3 Quran
    And who believe in what has been revealed to you, [O Muhammad], and what was revealed before you, and of the Hereafter they are certain [in faith]. - 2:4 Quran
    Those are upon [right] guidance from their Lord, and it is those who are the successful. - 2:5 Quran
    Indeed, those who disbelieve - it is all the same for them whether you warn them or do not warn them - they will not believe. - 2:6 Quran

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    You didn't answer my question again because you know I am right. I'll post it the question again, if you can't answer it then leave.

No, I didn't answer your question because it's irrelevant to what I posted and rhetorical.

You might as well leave, I'm not going to bother with your red-herring rhetorical questions anymore kid.

Thanks

No, I didn't answer your question because it's irrelevant to what I posted and rhetorical.

You might as well leave, I'm not going to bother with your red-herring rhetorical questions anymore kid.
    It is not irrelevant and rhetorical, I'll answer it for you: Yes the media about Muslims has had an effect on my generlisations about Islam. Prior to 9/11 I didn't know anything about Islam. When it was shown on TV and other claims about Islam were made such as teaching to kill unbelievers etc. I went on the internet and found verses taken out of context proving this. Now I think I am an expert on Islam and I know more about Islam than actual Muslims.

This is the Book about which there is no doubt, a guidance for those conscious of Allah(God) - 2:2 Quran
    Who believe in the unseen, establish prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them, - 2:3 Quran
    And who believe in what has been revealed to you, [O Muhammad], and what was revealed before you, and of the Hereafter they are certain [in faith]. - 2:4 Quran
    Those are upon [right] guidance from their Lord, and it is those who are the successful. - 2:5 Quran
    Indeed, those who disbelieve - it is all the same for them whether you warn them or do not warn them - they will not believe. - 2:6 Quran

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    It is not irrelevant and rhetorical, I'll answer it for you: Yes the media about Muslims has had an effect on my generlisations about Islam. Prior to 9/11 I didn't know anything about Islam. When it was shown on TV and other claims about Islam were made such as teaching to kill unbelievers etc. I went on the internet and found verses taken out of context proving this. Now I think I am an expert on Islam and I know more about Islam than actual Muslims.
    It's cute that you are arguing your own strawman with yourself, but again, it's irrelevant to what I posted.

All you are doing is trying to paint me as relying on the media for muslim stereotypes when the subject wasn't even about the current muslim population.

You pull this shit a lot, it's starting to get old.

Thanks

It's cute that you are arguing your own strawman with yourself, but again, it's irrelevant to what I posted.

All you are doing is trying to paint me as relying on the media for muslim stereotypes when the subject wasn't even about the current muslim population.

You pull this shit a lot, it's starting to get old.
    Post number #252 in this thread:

I'm not generalizing based upon people, but the religion and it's teachings.

Put down the strawman please.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Post number #252 in this thread:
    Yup. And if you can read, it says "I'm not generalizing based upon people".

All you are doing now is proving your illiteracy.

Thanks

Yup. And if you can read, it says "I'm not generalizing based upon people".

All you are doing now is proving your illiteracy.
    You said the subject wasn't about the current Muslim population, even though you were talking about making generalisations based on Muslims.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    You said the subject wasn't about the current Muslim population, even though you were talking about making generalisations based on Muslims.
    I wasn't. In fact that's exactly why i clarified that in the post you quoted..

Learn to read what you post.

Thanks

I wasn't. In fact that's exactly why i clarified that in the post you quoted..

Learn to read what you post.
    Well your generalisations about Islam has been affected by what you hear about "Muslims" in the media. You cannot deny it has had absolutely no effect on you. You know that and that is why you didn't answer the question:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Well your generalisations about Islam has been affected by what you hear about "Muslims" in the media. You cannot deny it has had absolutely no effect on you. You know that and that is why you didn't answer the question:

:/ Your argument is a strawman. I don't need to bother responding till you present anything to address my original point.

"You believe X because the media says so, even though the topic isn't about X. Therefore anything you have to say about Islam is invalid."

If your response to any criticism is this vague, it's no wonder a discussion never happens..

Thanks

:/ Your argument is a strawman. I don't need to bother responding till you present anything to address my original point.

"You believe X because the media says so, even though the topic isn't about X. Therefore anything you have to say about Islam is invalid."

If your response to any criticism is this vague, it's no wonder a discussion never happens..
    Again you ignore my question and you start making a bunch of off topic statements.

Simple yes or no question: Has the action of "Muslims" in the media affected what you think about Islam in the slightest way?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    It's difficult to understand what exactly goes on in the minds of these people.

I watched a video today, and a man was holding a headless 8-9 year old Christian little girl like it was a trophy to him.

Holding the corpse over his head screaming ,"God is Good"(Allah Akbar) I can't help but wonder what exactly it is that makes this a proud moment for him, or the people around him also chanting "Good is Good".

Don't get me wrong, I understand the holy war aspect of the scenario, but a little girl's body?

The depravity of the middle eastern people, and Islamic belief system is noticed around the world.

So, I've come to 1 of 2 conclusions.

1) Islam by its very nature is violent, and needs to be wiped off the earth entirely if you want this conflict to end. (Been going on for thousands of years)
    2) Middle eastern people are ignorant, intolerant, spineless, and need to be wiped off the earth if you want this conflict to end. (Been going on for thousands of years)
    Wondering if you would mind either sharing (if it's allowed on MPGH) or PMing me the link to the video you watched. Things like that have always fancied my curiosity to see the depths of human depravity.
    \

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Again you ignore my question and you start making a bunch of off topic statements.

Simple yes or no question: Has the action of "Muslims" in the media affected what you think about Islam in the slightest way?
    *sigh* if you are really going to just red-herring any discussion then fine:

No the media has not influenced my thoughts on Islam. I don't watch any major news, I don't get any news about Islam from any outlet, and I did my research as unbiased as I possibly could.

I also want to note the subject is Islam, not muslims, and especially not modern-day muslims.

Now if you want to say that I'm lying or I'm not fitting your strawman, without providing proof/evidence as to why, proceed to do so. I"ll just repeatedely state why I am ignoring your post.

Thanks

*sigh* if you are really going to just red-herring any discussion then fine:

No the media has not influenced my thoughts on Islam. I don't watch any major news, I don't get any news about Islam from any outlet, and I did my research as unbiased as I possibly could.

I also want to note the subject is Islam, not muslims, and especially not modern-day muslims.

Now if you want to say that I'm lying or I'm not fitting your strawman, without providing proof/evidence as to why, proceed to do so. I"ll just repeatedely state why I am ignoring your post.
    You are being dishonest. What exactly made you want to "research unbiased" sources on Islam, news in the media? What were those "unbiased" sources?

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast