Always chasing always preying
    Upon those who doth have power
    those whose minds are strong
    Never again shall it rest,
    for it has tasted fear

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    h t t p : / / www . amazon . com / Thinking-Introduction-Standard-Volume-Edition / dp / 0139798099

Quote from url above
    Topics covered: Introduction to objects, inheritance, composition, polymorphism, exception handling, analysis and design fundamentals, advantages of C++, transitioning from C, compiling and building programs, writing C++ functions, flow control, C++ operators, data types, casting, debugging tips, pointers to functions, designing reusable C++ classes, conditional compilation and header files, access specifiers, constructors and destructors, function overloading and default arguments, using const and static effectively, inlining, namespaces, references, copy constructors, operator overloading, using new and delete for dynamic objects, virtual functions, abstract classes, introduction to templates, and iterators.
    ^^ Definitely enough to get someone started. Would probably take several months to actually understand all of those concepts and be able to apply them in a meaningful way.

h t t p : / / w w w . computersciencelab . com / Eckel . htm --to read more about it
    Last edited by abuckau907; 10-11-2013 at 11:31 AM.
    'Some things that can be counted, don't matter. And some things that matter, can't be counted' - A.E.
    --

My posts have some inaccuracies/are wrong/wrong keyword(s) used.
    They're (maybe) pretty close, and I hope they helped you, not created confusion. Take with grain of salt.

-if you give rep, please leave a comment, else it means less.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Drunk
    never used a book to learn,start copy- paste codes and try to resolve some Error you know, and stuff, i just learned this way..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by Salim98(^_^) View Post
    never used a book to learn,start copy- paste codes and try to resolve some Error you know, and stuff, i just learned this way..
    That's the worst way someone can start coding.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    I assume you know very little then. You will never, ever, ever learn anything in C++ without at least watching videos or reading a book. You might pick up some things, but later on you will be boned.

In regards to how to learn, watch AntiRTFM's Video Series on YouTube, then pick up C++ Primer and read it. All in all that's about 20-30 hours of videos and reading. After that not sure, because I'm not 100% complete with my steps, but I can ensure you this is by far the best way.
    Quote Originally Posted by VindictusMods
    I'll just change my IP, and I have all your IP's guys. So watch it. I may hack or put a virus in ur computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by sd333221
    Injecting in the lobby gets you directly banned. Thats my secret deal with Battleye, I let them have the people who can't read the instructions and they don't ban the others in return.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Oh dear- this is exactly the mindset I outlined here, where I also suggest you use the MIT OpenCourseWare suite of learning resources ( linked in the post). Wonderfully instructional, online, well-planned, and, as a wonderful bonus, totally legally free. Using a book is a respectable option as well, but not necessarily for everyone's tastes.

Also, remember me, OP? ;D Programming languages are (in most cases) pretty interchangeable, by the way.
    ♪♪ ♪ ♪doign it rite , evrybuddy will be dancin and were feeling it rite , evrybuddy will be dancin and be doign' it rite , evrybuddy will be dancign' wen were feeling all rite , evrybuddy will be dancig tonit♪e♪ ♪♪ ♪♪♪

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Learning how to program is to learn how to think methodologically. You will never get anywhere if you are at the stage where you have to ask the simple question of where to start. Be resourceful, we are no longer in the age where such information is restricted to academia and experts.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Fovea View Post
    Learning how to program is to learn how to think methodologically. You will never get anywhere if you are at the stage where you have to ask the simple question of where to start. Be resourceful, we are no longer in the age where such information is restricted to academia and experts.
    Oh I think you misunderstand. I don`t need a place to start. I have no problem coding in c++, but I was just curious as to what books other people used to learn from.

Always coming evermore through the darkness i adore
    Never slowing never waning
    Always chasing always preying
    Upon those who doth have power
    those whose minds are strong
    Never again shall it rest,
    for it has tasted fear

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Beginning C++ Through Game Programming: Michael Dawson ...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    I never used any book, I looked up a few tutorials, then dived into some trivial coding then dived into a big project. Best way to learn is DO SHIT WITH IT!!!!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused
    I didn't read any books,I just watched some tutorials about c++ and learned from other peoples code.
    Helping newbies in coding