Thanks

Combat Arms Error Codes Program.

Hello Everybody. I was bored today, so i filled up 15 minutes of my day making a program that gives you all the CA error codes, and what they mean/how to fix them.

Just extract the zip, run the .exe and follow on screen instructions.
    its really simple, but very helpful when you need it.
    i recommend downloading it and keeping it handy for later.
    Virus Scan
    I know its not very good or anything. but im very new at coding...i can do way better than this, but it wasnt necessary.

C++ Source (I like to keep my code clean)
    Code:
     #include <iostream>
    using namespace std;
    int main (){
    	char select;
    	int select2;
    	cout << "Welcome To Corndog5595's Error Code Solution Program" << endl;
    	cout << "Error Codes And Solutions By Whitten, Program By Corndog5595" << endl;
    	system("pause");

system("cls");
    		cout << "Please Select Your Error Code By Choosing The Number Next To The Corresponding Code You Are Getting." << endl;
    		cout << "1. ErrorCode= -22/30022" << endl;
    		cout << "2. ErrorCode= -21/30021" << endl;
    		cout << "3. ErrorCode= PI, 30004" << endl;
    		cout << "4. ErrorCode= -40" << endl;
    		cout << "5. ErrorCode= -60/10060" << endl;
    		cout << "6. ErrorCode= -30/31" << endl;
    		cout << "7. ErrorCode= -50" << endl;
    		cout << "8. ErrorCode= -10" << endl;
    		cout << "9. ErrorCode= -11" << endl;
    		cout << "10. ErrorCode= -12" << endl;
    		cout << "11. ErrorCode= -13" << endl;
    		cout << "12. ErrorCode= -14" << endl;
    		cout << "13. ErrorCode= -20" << endl;
    		cout << "Choose Which Error Code You Are Getting For The Solution/Fix: ";
    		cin >> select2;

if (select2 == 1){
    		system ("cls");
    		cout << "Combat Arms is available to North America, South America and Australia.";
    		cout << "If you live in any other areas, you will get this error code." << endl;
    	}
    	if (select2 == 2){
    		system ("cls");
    		cout << "This means that your Nexon account has not yet been verified." << endl;
    		cout << "Check your email and follow the instructions to verify your account." << endl;
    	}
    	if (select2 == 3){
    		system ("cls");
    		cout << "This means that your account had been blocked by the administration due to an infringement of the Terms of Use.";
    	}
    	if (select2 == 4){
    		system ("cls");
    		cout << "The installation files are corrupted. There are several reasons why this may happen." << endl;

cout << "1. Your system might be instable or an application might be interfering with the installation process. Reboot your computer and try installing the game again." << endl;
    		cout << "2. Your Temporary Internet files might need to be cleared." << endl;

cout << "2 a. For Internet Explorer users: Click on Tools, select Internet Options and click on Temporary Internet files (or “Delete…”) from the General tab. Select “Delete Files”. This may take several minutes. Once it’s done, download Combat Arms again." << endl;
    		cout << "2 b. For Firefox users: Click on Tools, select “Clear Private Data” and then click on “Clear Private Data Now”. Once it’s done, download Combat Arms again." << endl;
    		cout << "3. Your download manager could be corrupting the downloaded files. If you have a software that you use to manage or accelerate your downloads, we suggest that you turn it off and download Combat Arms without it." << endl;
    	}
    	if (select2 == 5){
    		system ("cls");
    		cout << "This error may result from a temporary traffic overload." << endl;

cout << "1. The servers might be congested. Wait a little bit and try again." << endl;
    		cout << "2. The servers might be going under maintenance. Click here to find out." << endl;
    		cout << "3. Your firewall or anti-virus software might be blocking Combat Arms. Make sure that they are set to allow Combat Arms." << endl;
    	}
    	if (select2 == 6){
    		system ("cls");
    		cout << "These errors mean that Combat Arms is damaged and will not be able to run.Your system might be unstable. Reboot your computer and try again. If you are still receiving these errors then some game files might be corrupted." << endl;

cout << "1. Uninstall Combat Arms from the Add/Remove programs option from the control panel" << endl;
    		cout << "2. Download Combat Arms" << endl;
    		cout << "3. Reinstall Combat Arms" << endl;
    	}
    	if (select2 == 7){
    		system ("cls");
    		cout << "This error means that the game was unable to patch properly. The downloaded data might be corrupted." << endl;

cout << "1. Reboot your computer and try again." << endl;
    		cout << "2. Your Temporary Internet files might need to be cleared." << endl << endl;

cout << "1. For Internet Explorer users: Click on Tools, select Internet Options and click on Temporary Internet files (or “Delete…”) from the General tab. Select “Delete Files”. This may take several minutes. Once it’s done, download Combat Arms again." << endl;
    		cout << "2. For Firefox users: Click on Tools, select “Clear Private Data” and then click on “Clear Private Data Now”. Once it’s done, download Combat Arms again." << endl;
    		cout << "3. Your download manager could be corrupting the downloaded files. If you have a software that you use to manage or accelerate your downloads, we suggest that you turn it off and download Combat Arms without it." << endl;
    	}

if (select2 == 8){
    		system ("cls");
    		cout << "This is a temporary error. Rebooting the computer should resolve this issue." << endl;
    	}
    	if (select2 == 9){
    		system ("cls");
    		cout << "The system is running an outdated version of DirectX. Download and install the most up to date version of DirectX." << endl;
    	}
    	if (select2 == 10){
    		system ("cls");
    		cout << "This error occurs when the executable file cannot be found. Rebooting the system should resolve this issue. If that doesn’t work, please download Combat Arms and reinstall the game." << endl;
    	}
    	if (select2 == 11){
    		system ("cls");
    		cout << "This error can occur due to network instability or a temporary overload in traffic which results in a failure to download the program. Try rebooting the system to fix this error. If that doesn’t fix the problem, delete the Temporary Internet Files from the system." << endl;

cout << "1. For Internet Explorer users: Click on Tools, select Internet Options and click on Temporary Internet files (or “Delete…”) from the General tab. Select “Delete Files”. This may take several minutes. Once it’s done, download Combat Arms again." << endl;
    		cout << "2. For Firefox users: Click on Tools, select “Clear Private Data” and then click on “Clear Private Data Now”. Once it’s done, download Combat Arms again" << endl;
    	}
    	if (select2 == 12){
    		system ("cls");
    		cout << "This error can occur due to network instability or a temporary overload in user traffic which results in a failure to download the program. Try rebooting the system to fix this error. If that doesn’t fix the problem, the game may be blocked by an anti-virus program or a firewall, so contact your network provider to remove the block and try again. Another option is to download Combat Arms and reinstall the game." << endl;
    	}
    	if (select2 == 13){
    		system ("cls");
    		cout << "The game information file is corrupt and the system cannot read it. Download Combat Arms and reinstall the game." << endl;
    	}
    	system ("pause");
    	return 0;
    }

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    nice does it work against failed to udate protection modulues?

Thanks
    well...it just shows you what the error code means. it doesnt fix it...lol. thats for you to do.
    this is just incase you get an error message and you dont know what it means.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Corndog Da Minion View Post
    well...it just shows you what the error code means. it doesnt fix it...lol. thats for you to do.
    this is just incase you get an error message and you dont know what it means.
    A.) Nice job, tis pretty interesting
    B.) Are you corndog?

Thanks
    yes...i am corndog. he is post count banned for a day.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Hello, I looked at your code. I try to add something beneficial whenever I edit working code. And since your code works fine I'd thought I'd just share with you that a more efficient way to sort through all of these options would be with a switch, as long as your using an int or a char as your variable. Here is the syntax for sytax fo a switch:
    Code:
    switch ( test ) {

case 1 : 
        // Process for test = 1
        break;

case 5 : 
        // Process for test = 5
        break;

default : 
        // Process for all other cases.

}
    And here is it applied to ur code :
    Code:
      #include <iostream>
    using namespace std;
    int main (){
    	     char select;
    	     int select2;
    	     cout << "Welcome To Corndog5595's Error Code Solution Program" << endl;
    	     cout << "Error Codes And Solutions By Whitten, Program By Corndog5595" << endl;
    	     system("pause");

system("cls");
    		cout << "Please Select Your Error Code By Choosing The Number Next To The Corresponding Code You Are Getting." << endl;
    		cout << "1. ErrorCode= -22/30022" << endl;
    		cout << "2. ErrorCode= -21/30021" << endl;
    		cout << "3. ErrorCode= PI, 30004" << endl;
    		cout << "4. ErrorCode= -40" << endl;
    		cout << "5. ErrorCode= -60/10060" << endl;
    		cout << "6. ErrorCode= -30/31" << endl;
    		cout << "7. ErrorCode= -50" << endl;
    		cout << "8. ErrorCode= -10" << endl;
    		cout << "9. ErrorCode= -11" << endl;
    		cout << "10. ErrorCode= -12" << endl;
    		cout << "11. ErrorCode= -13" << endl;
    		cout << "12. ErrorCode= -14" << endl;
    		cout << "13. ErrorCode= -20" << endl;
    		cout << "Choose Which Error Code You Are Getting For The Solution/Fix: ";
    		cin >> select2;

switch(select2){
                    case 1:
                           system ("cls");
    		        cout << "Combat Arms is available to North America, South America and Australia.";
    		        cout << "If you live in any other areas, you will get this error code." << endl;
                           break;

case 2: 
                          system ("cls");
    		       cout << "This means that your Nexon account has not yet been verified." << endl;
    		       cout << "Check your email and follow the instructions to verify your account." << endl;
                          break;

case 3:
    		       system ("cls");
    		       cout << "This means that your account had been blocked by the administration due to an infringement of the Terms of Use.";
                          break;

case 4:
    		       system ("cls");
    		       cout << "The installation files are corrupted. There are several reasons why this may happen." << endl;

cout << "1. Your system might be instable or an application might be interfering with the installation process. Reboot your computer and try installing the game again." << endl;

cout << "2 a. For Internet Explorer users: Click on Tools, select Internet Options and click on Temporary Internet files (or “Delete…”) from the General tab. Select “Delete Files”. This may take several minutes. Once it’s done, download Combat Arms again." << endl;
    		       cout << "2 b. For Firefox users: Click on Tools, select “Clear Private Data” and then click on “Clear Private Data Now”. Once it’s done, download Combat Arms again." << endl;
                           break;

case 5:
    		       system ("cls");

cout << "1. The servers might be congested. Wait a little bit and try again." << endl;
    		       cout << "2. The servers might be going under maintenance. Click here to find out." << endl;
    		       cout << "3. Your firewall or anti-virus software might be blocking Combat Arms. Make sure that they are set to allow Combat Arms." << endl;
                           break;

case 6:
    		       system ("cls");
    		       cout << "These errors mean that Combat Arms is damaged and will not be able to run.Your system might be unstable. Reboot your computer and try again. If you are still receiving these errors then some game files might be corrupted." << endl;

cout << "1. Uninstall Combat Arms from the Add/Remove programs option from the control panel" << endl;
                           break;

case 7:
    		       system ("cls");
    		       cout << "This error means that the game was unable to patch properly. The downloaded data might be corrupted." << endl;

cout << "2. Your Temporary Internet files might need to be cleared." << endl << endl;

cout << "2. For Firefox users: Click on Tools, select “Clear Private Data” and then click on “Clear Private Data Now”. Once it’s done, download Combat Arms again." << endl;
                           break;

case 8:
    		       system ("cls");
    		       cout << "This is a temporary error. Rebooting the computer should resolve this issue." << endl;

break;

case 9:
    		       system ("cls");
    		       cout << "The system is running an outdated version of DirectX. Download and install the most up to date version of DirectX." << endl;
                           break;

case 10:
    		       system ("cls");
    		       cout << "This error occurs when the executable file cannot be found. Rebooting the system should resolve this issue. If that doesn’t work, please download Combat Arms and reinstall the game." << endl;
                           break;

case 11:
    		       system ("cls");
    		       cout << "This error can occur due to network instability or a temporary overload in traffic which results in a failure to download the program. Try rebooting the system to fix this error. If that doesn’t fix the problem, delete the Temporary Internet Files from the system." << endl;

cout << "2. For Firefox users: Click on Tools, select “Clear Private Data” and then click on “Clear Private Data Now”. Once it’s done, download Combat Arms again" << endl;
                          break;

case 12:
    		       system ("cls");
    		       cout << "This error can occur due to network instability or a temporary overload in user traffic which results in a failure to download the program. Try rebooting the system to fix this error. If that doesn’t fix the problem, the game may be blocked by an anti-virus program or a firewall, so contact your network provider to remove the block and try again. Another option is to download Combat Arms and reinstall the game." << endl;
                           break;

case 13:
    		       system ("cls");
    		       cout << "The game information file is corrupt and the system cannot read it. Download Combat Arms and reinstall the game." << endl;
                           break;

default: cout << "please enter a number between 1 - 13" ;
                   }

system ("pause");
    	return 0;
    }
    Hope you don't mind my editing, just trying to give some constructive criticism. Oh and another thing. I saw you use the system command "cls"... Could you tell me what that does... It looks like it just clears the screen am i right?
    Last edited by why06; 08-23-2009 at 07:39 PM.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
    Hello, I looked at your code. I try to add something beneficial whenever I edit working code. And since your code works fine I'd thought I'd just share with you that a more efficient way to sort through all of these options would be with a switch, as long as your using an int or a char as your variable. Here is the syntax for sytax fo a switch:

Hope you don't mind my editing, just trying to give some constructive criticism. Oh and another thing. I saw you use the system command "cls"... Could you tell me what that does... It looks like it just clears the screen am i right?
    Oh, i didn't even notice that he didn't use switch. From the code layout i just assumed that. And CLS is a command prompt command to clear the screen.

Thanks
    oh yeah...im still a newbie.

should have used a switch. but i think its about the same amount of code, just cleaner with a switch...

thanks for reminding me about this stuff guys.
    (and not flaming me for being a C++ choob)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Corndog5595 View Post
    thanks for reminding me about this stuff guys.
    (and not flaming me for being a C++ choob)
    No problem. We don't flame here in the coding forum. This is the chill zone... where everything's cool. :P
    Last edited by why06; 08-24-2009 at 04:40 PM.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    cool.
    good to know.
    i hope to learn more about C++ and gain constructive criticism from you guys in the future.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
    No problem. We didnt flame here in the coding forum. This is the chill zone... where everything's cool. :P
    Yeah xD, it's awesome. Plus I know what being a choob is like since i still am one >_<.

Either way A switch is the better option in this situation because i am pretty sure it is more efficient.

Also if you wanted to use If, you should have used if, else if, and else. This helps because otherwise if someone types in nonsense the program just closes, but having else now tell's the program what to do in case that situation arises. the default case in the switch is like the else in in if/else.

Code:
    if (select2 == 1){
    		system ("cls");
    	}
    	else if (select2 == 2){
    		system ("cls");
    	}
    	else if (select2 == 3){
    		system ("cls");
    	}
    	else if (select2 == 4){
    		system ("cls");

}
    	else if (select2 == 5){
    		system ("cls");

}
    	else if (select2 == 6){
    		system ("cls");

}
    	else if (select2 == 7){
    		system ("cls");

}

else if (select2 == 8){
    		system ("cls");
    	}
    	else if (select2 == 9){
    		system ("cls");
    	}
    	else if (select2 == 10){
    		system ("cls");
    	}
    	else if (select2 == 11){
    		system ("cls");

}
    	else if (select2 == 12){
    		system ("cls");
    	}
    	else if (select2 == 13){
    		system ("cls");
    	}
            else {
                    //what to do incase they type nonsense. It would be easier to do this if this part of a program was in a function so that it could call itself
            }
    But it still isn't as nice as using a switch. This is just an alternative method
    Oh, another thing, putting the switch in a function means that the user doesn't have to reopen the program if they have multiple codes to check.
    Last edited by zeco; 08-24-2009 at 02:26 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Actually Ignore what i said about putting it in a function, it's a bit more complicated than that. A couple more things you would need to do. That shall be your homework, figure out a way to make it so that someone with multiple errors wouldn't have to reopen the program many times
    Last edited by zeco; 08-24-2009 at 02:39 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zeco View Post
    Yeah xD, it's awesome. Plus I know what being a choob is like since i still am one >_<.

Either way A switch is the better option in this situation because i am pretty sure it is more efficient.

Also if you wanted to use If, you should have used if, else if, and else. This helps because otherwise if someone types in nonsense the program just closes, but having else now tell's the program what to do in case that situation arises. the default case in the switch is like the else in in if/else.

Code:
    if (select2 == 1){
    		system ("cls");
    	}
    	else if (select2 == 2){
    		system ("cls");
    	}
    	else if (select2 == 3){
    		system ("cls");
    	}
    	else if (select2 == 4){
    		system ("cls");

}
    	else if (select2 == 5){
    		system ("cls");

}
    	else if (select2 == 6){
    		system ("cls");

}
    	else if (select2 == 7){
    		system ("cls");

}

else if (select2 == 8){
    		system ("cls");
    	}
    	else if (select2 == 9){
    		system ("cls");
    	}
    	else if (select2 == 10){
    		system ("cls");
    	}
    	else if (select2 == 11){
    		system ("cls");

}
    	else if (select2 == 12){
    		system ("cls");
    	}
    	else if (select2 == 13){
    		system ("cls");
    	}
            else {
                    //what to do incase they type nonsense. It would be easier to do this if this part of a program was in a function so that it could call itself
            }
    But it still isn't as nice as using a switch. This is just an alternative method
    Oh, another thing, putting the switch in a function means that the user doesn't have to reopen the program if they have multiple codes to check.
    i was gonna use an else at the end telling them that it was an invalid entry, and when they press a key, it clears the screen and starts the program over, but i decided that was too much work for something only 3 people would ever use...lmao. im lazy

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    U should release it on the Combat Arms forum. Im sure some people would download it.

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    i did. its in the help section.

i stickied it too...it should help people who get error codes (duh)