Poll: Do you believe God exists? (Read First)

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    If proving God exists is too difficult or impossible due to what is said in the Bible, then I suppose I'm going to stay an atheist.
    I cannot simply believe some higher entity is controlling our very lives we fight for day by day and just happens to everywhere at all times.

Here's something for you:
    If God is all-knowing, then that would mean he knows the feeling of rape, murder, self-pleasure, ect.
    But isn't God also all-good? How could he be all-good if he knows the feeling of sinful acts?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by rileyjstrickland View Post
    *Modern Science
    Meeting someone special is modern Science?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Raple Syrup View Post
    If proving God exists is too difficult or impossible due to what is said in the Bible, then I suppose I'm going to stay an atheist.
    I cannot simply believe some higher entity is controlling our very lives we fight for day by day and just happens to everywhere at all times.

Here's something for you:
    If God is all-knowing, then that would mean he knows the feeling of rape, murder, self-pleasure, ect.
    But isn't God also all-good? How could he be all-good if he knows the feeling of sinful acts?
    It's all god's plan.

*Insert Holocaust, Gulags, 9/11, War, Greed, Hate, Murder, Intolerance here*
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Embrace. View Post
    Well I don't even know what theist means, didn't know it existed.
    To not know what theist means is to not know what atheist means. Read some books before you post about this sort of thing.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post

It's all god's plan.

*Insert Holocaust, Gulags, 9/11, War, Greed, Hate, Murder, Intolerance here*
    I hate that argument. If there is some sort of higher deity, I would prefer them to let people do whatever the fuck they want and commit these heinous acts rather than to make us all little puppets who butt fuck each other with smiles.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    [B
    I hate that argument. If there is some sort of higher deity, I would prefer them to let people do whatever the fuck they want and commit these heinous acts rather than to make us all little puppets who butt fuck each other with smiles.[/B]
    He does allow is to do so~
    We may be able to envision a world without evil, but we would not be in it. Humans are sinful. We have a fallen and depraved nature (Job 15:14; Isaiah 64:6; Ecclesiastes 7:20; Romans 5:12-13; 3:10-11, 23; Titus 3:3; 1 John 1:8). This is why there is evil in the world. Why did God not simply make us so that we could not be sinful? This is the question of free will. Without free will, we would be God's puppets. We could not truly love God. Because He desired to have a real relationship with us – one that involves choice – He had to allow for evil to exist.

We may say that God could still give us free will while at the same time preventing the consequences of evil. This becomes a question of degrees. We may want God to intervene in the case of murder or rape. But do we want God to intervene in the case of our own idolatry? Sin is not graded on a sliding scale. All sin is an offense to God, and it all separates us from Him equally. An unsaved person whose worst sin is that of gossip is just as unsaved as a nonbeliever who is a serial killer. If God were to intervene and prevent evil, He would have to remove us. Plus, if God were to prevent all the negative consequences of our actions, would we really have free will?
    Last edited by Coldfrye; 10-25-2013 at 12:30 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfrye View Post
    Meeting someone special is modern Science?
    In the event that it's a miracle to met them, modern science probably was a part of it, unless they met the person by walking around a shit ton.

If You Like My Releases, Hit The Thanks button!
    Follow the rules.

Successful Purchases: 2
    @The403
    @sundy42
    Successful Sales: 1
    @wZ. Gali
    Scammed: 1

Favorite Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Who cares about simplified mandarin. The only problem here is that Cantonese (and Hokkien) is no longer being taught, but guess what, times change. There have been thousands of languages that have been lost to the ages, you'd be pissing in the wind to try and stop that.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Lemme get this straight. You believe in the christian god because you have faith.

But that means the Hindu gods exist right?

:/

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Lemme get this straight. You believe in the christian god because you have faith.

Yes.. if the Hindus have faith that a cow is a god, then let it be, the cow is a god.. PRAISE THE COW

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

No? Christians only believe there is one and only God. It's in the 10 commandments.

#2 "And God spoke all these words, saying: “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.You shall have no other gods before me."

I wish that people who say they are atheists would at least read the Bible so they have some sort of understanding.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Christians bitch at Atheists other screaming how they're are all the most ignorant people in the world for believing in God. The other counters back that Atheists are going to hell. Meanwhile, those who do not believe in organized religion yet have a belief in a deity find both parties to be obnoxious, ignorant, jaded, and flat out pathetic.
    Not many Christians care about atheist, people who worship Satan. That is a different story.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    No? Christians only believe there is one and only God. It's in the 10 commandments.

#2 "And God spoke all these words, saying: “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.You shall have no other gods before me."

I wish that people who say they are atheists would at least read the Bible so they have some sort of understanding.

"It can't be true because it's not what I believe."

Think about it.

Edit: Or you could say "It's only true because I believe in it".

Either way, it makes no sense that people would dismiss other religions as false on the grounds that their religious text says they are.
    Last edited by Empire; 10-27-2013 at 04:20 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

I have read the bible, many times over. It's full of metaphoric shit.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

Deflorate. (11-01-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Reading the bible in its entirety was actually one of the factors that contributed to me renouncing Christianity.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Aborted For This Useful Post:

rileyjstrickland (10-27-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post

Reading the bible in its entirety was actually one of the factors that contributed to me renouncing Christianity.
    A true Christian cannot do that. Counterfeits do it all the time. Once you are born through Christ you cannot be unborn.....
    So if you were a True believer and if Christianity isn't a sham, you will be resting in heaven when you die.

I may have marked I believe in God, but I have hard times believing in the Christian God. I also do not favor and of the atheist theorems because being created out of nothing seems unreal. Eg. Big Bang Theory. I consider my self more agnostic than anything.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast