Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Design Notes October 17th, 2013: Mistakes: Only Make Them Once (Bots)

Post Maker: Alina

October 17, 2013
    Mistakes: Only Make Them Once
    Using Bots in AQW is Illegal
    For many of our players, AQWorlds is the first online game they've ever played. A lot of them don't know what a "bot" or "trainer" is, and don't understand that using quest, shop, or badge loaders is wrong. It is, and you shouldn't do that. We explain what a bot is and why using it is bad in this Design Notes post.

Do not tell a bot to play for you.

All done reading? Great! Then we all know that using a 3rd party program is against the rules, it can and will do some serious harm to your account, and that we've got a plan to improve our anti-botting procedures.*

Recently, some players have illegally given themselves the BrutalCorn badge from tomorrow's release. Because we have not yet been able to implement some of the ideas listed above, those players have received a 24 hour ban.

* That's why, if you're currently using a bot, trainer, or any other 3rd party program, this is a GREAT time to stop!

Second Chances and Forgiveness
    We all make mistakes; I have, and so has everyone I know. But that's part of life. Most people are able to move beyond them. They grow and change over time, and part of that growing is realizing when you're doing something dumb. Sometimes, though, people need a little help seeing that.

At Artix Entertainment, we believe that people are basically good and, given the chance, most will do what's right. Or, at the very least, stop doing what's wrong. We want you guys to enjoy AQW. Play right and play fair. Have a good time in the game, and don't keep others from doing the same.

We've gotten a lot of messages about NOT giving botters - or anyone who breaks ANY rules - a second chance. Permanent ban first time out. For anything. We could do that, but we would run out of players pretty quickly. We understand that you guys LOVE this game, and want to see people following the rules. We want that, too!

But we believe in second chances. If you assume someone is going to fail, they're much more likely to do just that. I would rather give someone a chance to succeed than prevent them from trying to become better. We've got a plan in place to do that; now we just need to build it!

We work in the dark, to serve the light.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    My favorite part:
    We've gotten a lot of messages about NOT giving botters - or anyone who breaks ANY rules - a second chance. Permanent ban first time out. For anything. We could do that, but we would run out of players pretty quickly.
    Man, Alina just said that they know almost all AQW players use bots.
    I'm here to help all my fellow botter friends on AQW, if you have any question about the game, PM me and I will try to help you.

Some of my bots:

Paragon Holiday Pet
    Dage's Winter is Coming
    Chaos Rep
    Fiend Token
    Elemental Master Rep
    Skyguard Rep
    Ravenloss Rep
    BeastMaster Rep

AE may try to stop us, but they will not succeed, because we're all bros and sis here on forums.
    More than a community, we're a family.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Argorok11 View Post
    My favorite part:
    We've gotten a lot of messages about NOT giving botters - or anyone who breaks ANY rules - a second chance. Permanent ban first time out. For anything. We could do that, but we would run out of players pretty quickly.
    Man, Alina just said that they know almost all AQW players use bots.
    I lol'd at that too. They accidentally broke the bubble.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Yea, they are afraid of losing players especially those who buy membership coz they will lose money too. haha.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Mistakes: Only Make Them Once
    Says the one who is a pro at making "Mistakes" LMAO
    Last edited by D.V; 10-18-2013 at 10:33 AM.