Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

The "Affordable" Care Act

The Affordable Care Act, AKA Obamacare, is quite possibly the worst piece of legislation I've ever seen passed in the history of the United States. First of all, the very notion of forcing citizens to purchase a service is not only un-constitutional, but borderline Fascist. The entire idea behind this steaming pile of shit is to bring "Affordable healthcare to all of America". The very contradiction is that there are likely to be even MORE people without insurance due to it. The talking points spewed by the liberal bandwagon are that it will "lower" healthcare costs for American Citizens. This is an absolute lie. The entire basis of the legislation, is a lie. I recently checked how much it would cost to get Obamacare, and lo and behold, it was almost TWICE the price of my current insurance, for less coverage, and an absolutely atrocious deductible. The Heritage Foundation also ran a study to find how it would affect the American public. They found that in 45 of 50 states, individuals aged 27-50 would have increases insurance costs. In many cases, the increases in would be in excess of 50 percent, with an extreme case in Arizona being over 150 percent. You heard it people, the “Affordable” Health Care Act, increasing Health Care costs by 150 percent.

/Discuss
    Last edited by Aborted; 10-18-2013 at 12:16 AM.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aborted For This Useful Post:

Cheese156764 (10-29-2013),Euphemistic (10-18-2013)

Thanks
    We will soon be seeing the best Doctors in public medicine moving towards private practices. Premiums will sky rocket to an upwards of a 300% increase in some circumstances. If you make 20,000 a year, and live in a high income area, you are guaranteed to be unable to afford free healthcare, will be unable to have healthcare in your benefits, and as such you will be fined for not having healthcare.

Let me reiterate that, we will be FINED FOR NOT HAVING HEALTHCARE. WHAT THE FUCK. IT IS ILLEGAL TO NOT SPEND MONEY ON SOMETHING YOU DON'T WANT.

Obama is a terrorist and a threat to this nations principles of a limited government with free choice.

I personally LIKE the idea of universal health care, but the ACA is NOT universal health care. It's privatized mandatory healthcare.

Fuck the ACA. It's the same exact shit as Romney Care.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lehsyrus For This Useful Post:

Euphemistic (10-18-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    It really puzzles me how healthcare is so hard to make, or why you'd try this bullshit with the country so far in debt.

:/

I'm just tired of hearing about it, either veto the bill or let it pass and remove it after. Getting ridiculous.

Thanks
    abolish the national government, give all the power to individual states then counties. Establish a more neighborly community in these new regions in order to deal with the incoming situations that we will have to deal with afterwards.

Trying more so to give people 'medical care' through money or their own resource is no longer working. We need to establish a society that can run on it's own without the need of exploiting it and the people who use it. Once we can practically use our resources then we can establish health care on the fact that they are human, giving them the best treatment possible.

The government is collapsing it's self, have fun.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    It really puzzles me how healthcare is so hard to make, or why you'd try this bullshit with the country so far in debt.
    Yes!! lol agreed
    Want a modded xbox lobby? I do most games

Contact me!! Skype:b3faster

Please donate so I can keep doing lobbies!!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    It's not the idea that's sucky, it's the way it's going to be executed.

Threadstarter
    She Dreamt She Was a Bulldozer
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Johnson View Post
    It's not the idea that's sucky, it's the way it's going to be executed.
    2+2 is always going to equal 4.
    The literal economics of it are impossible to sustain, the program takes more out of the budget than it puts in.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post

2+2 is always going to equal 4.
    The literal economics of it are impossible to sustain, the program takes more out of the budget than it puts in.
    The idea of a unified health care has proven to be successful in many countries in the world.

Universal health coverage by country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As you can see, Americans spend more on health care than most other countries in the world.

Healthcare spending around the world, country by country | News | theguardian.com

So, like I said, it's not the idea of a "unified health care system maintained by the government" that's bad, it's the way it's planned/executed.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    I think it will end up a net positive for the debt, based on the way it's structured and how historically socialized medicine has worked, but the law itself is a steaming pile of trash. The mandatory part is stupid as hell, it should have been included into taxes properly, but when Congress can't do shit right this is what you get. The real crooks are the healthcare industry, I feel it's ultimately a step in the right direction in some areas, and regressive in other areas.

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

12. The Following User Says Thank You to arunforce For This Useful Post:

Ferris Bueller (01-17-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    I think it will end up a net positive for the debt, based on the way it's structured and how historically socialized medicine has worked, but the law itself is a steaming pile of trash. The mandatory part is stupid as hell, it should have been included into taxes properly, but when Congress can't do shit right this is what you get. The real crooks are the healthcare industry, I feel it's ultimately a step in the right direction in some areas, and regressive in other areas.
    Exactly my point.

Healthcare in America is undeniably a profit-based industry.

Time after time people find out that they have been taking medicines they didn't need to take, exams they didn't need to take, all for the purpose of profit.

Sadly, the health industry in America is as corrupt as every other industry.

Thanks
    Totally, benefitted from the Obama Care,is because of this subsidy, I am able to "afford" to see my regular Eye doctor. I use asked him for a Break on the bills,when I was paying out of pocket.