Thread: Water Strider

Thanks

Water Strider

What do you think of the new map? I like it and yet I see a lot of people struggling on it. I have played maybe 30 matches of elimination on it and and always finish with a positive k/d. One match I even went 32-6.

This is the route I take and seems to always get me kills: I throw a nade down the chute to make sure there are no mines down there then slide down it. Then i run through the generator room and place mines at top of the first stairway coming from their map and then on another turn put them at the the bottom of their chute. I then go up the two ladders and throw a nade into their sniping spot there and then kill whoever might be in there, jump on box in the corner and spawn camp with p90. Sometimes I climb up the long ladder from the generator room on their side and hide at the top and kill retards walking by. It seems alot people just try to run straight across the damn which is dumb because there is always some idiot peeking kills on them. Going on the side where the water is high is iffy. If it is clear and you can make it to their side you can spawn camp on the side of that crate. Because they are going down hill, you can see their legs and chest before they can even see you. If that some is you that keeps getting killed, don't keep going that way cause they are gonna get you over and over. Try to go thru the middle alil ways and then jump down and blast them from behind. Some times the other team will decide they want to take over the generator room and camp. In this case, the best thing to do is slide down the dam into the upper middle door/opening, go down the stairs and flank their bitch asses. Another great place to put mines is atop the 2 short ladders that backdoor your base. It's almost impossible to get around them. Keep nades handy if the enemy does this to you so you can destroy them.

Overall I think the map is very balanced and I even think they did a good job on the water shooting out of the dam.
    Last edited by AVGN; 10-18-2013 at 10:17 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Shocked
    I hope it will be installed in EU soon

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    SR only is mad fun.

Donator Since: 12/08/2011
    Minion Since: 04/10/2012

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    I honestly dislike the new changes.

I miss the old site and old menus.

I haven't played in a long time.
    1/08/2011: MPGHian

1/27/2024: Global Mod
    6/08/2023: Moderator
    1/22/2021: Minion+
    9/29/2020: Minion
    7/26/2020: GFX Team
    8/07/2017: News Force
    12/03/2012: Combat Arms Wiki Editor
    10/03/2011: CA Public Hack Support Team
    7/11/2011: Donator/Premium
    6/25/2011 - 7/06/2013: Combat Arms Modder

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    I like it so so.Too many nade spammers though.The old CA was better.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Shocked
    Yeah me too prefer the old UI, but I think AVGN would talk about the map not new UI :|

7. The Following User Says Thank You to B4NDiT26 For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]AVGN (10-20-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Evocate View Post
    I honestly dislike the new changes.

I miss the old site and old menus.

I haven't played in a long time.

I'm pretty sure everyone on this site , agrees with you. Nexon fucked this game over back in 2011. I quit for the longest time , only to come back to this shit game. I thought of an idea maybe if nexon brought back a server that was just based on 2008-2010 that'd be perfect. Nexon wouldn't ever do that though.

I like Flengo <3.

Mc565 isn't even good at ca men.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Overall I think that is one of the better maps they have brought back since my return to playing it. The one thing that annoys me the most now is that everyone plays damn Oil Rig all the time!

Minion Statistics

Ex-Console Minion: 13/01/2011 ~ 19/04/2011
    Console Re-Minion: 14/06/2012 ~ 27/02/2013
    AVA Minion: 22/06/2012 ~ 12/11/2012
    Battlefield Minion: 04/02/2013 ~ 27/02/2013

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]AVGN (10-22-2013)

Thanks
    Pics of it from above.

Photo Album - Imgur

courtesy of AVGN

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AVGN View Post
    What do you think of the new map? I like it and yet I see a lot of people struggling on it. I have played maybe 30 matches of elimination on it and and always finish with a positive k/d. One match I even went 32-6.

This is the route I take and seems to always get me kills: I throw a nade down the chute to make sure there are no mines down there then slide down it. Then i run through the generator room and place mines at top of the first stairway coming from their map and then on another turn put them at the the bottom of their chute. I then go up the two ladders and throw a nade into their sniping spot there and then kill whoever might be in there, jump on box in the corner and spawn camp with p90. Sometimes I climb up the long ladder from the generator room on their side and hide at the top and kill retards walking by. It seems alot people just try to run straight across the damn which is dumb because there is always some idiot peeking kills on them. Going on the side where the water is high is iffy. If it is clear and you can make it to their side you can spawn camp on the side of that crate. Because they are going down hill, you can see their legs and chest before they can even see you. If that some is you that keeps getting killed, don't keep going that way cause they are gonna get you over and over. Try to go thru the middle alil ways and then jump down and blast them from behind. Some times the other team will decide they want to take over the generator room and camp. In this case, the best thing to do is slide down the dam into the upper middle door/opening, go down the stairs and flank their bitch asses. Another great place to put mines is atop the 2 short ladders that backdoor your base. It's almost impossible to get around them. Keep nades handy if the enemy does this to you so you can destroy them.

Overall I think the map is very balanced and I even think they did a good job on the water shooting out of the dam.
    Well what i do on that map is turn on my color chams and superbullets then weapon range and finaly rapid fire

And then Own some B1tch3s

it is a pretty cool map i like turning on Invisable mode and walking through it and flying around

13. The Following User Says Thank You to DisOwned For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]AVGN (10-25-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I think it's actually a pretty good map, I have yet to get a negative score on it because it unlike other maps is balanced.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Shocked
    I tried the map in EU, but I don't found it balanced. There are boxes in base where you can glitch and kill enemies very easy, even spawnkills... you call that "balance" ?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Overall I think that is one of the better maps they have brought back since my return to playing it. The one thing that annoys me the most now is that everyone plays damn Oil Rig all the time!
    Oil Rig spy hunt is the best shit out man.

@AVGN Have you played Arms Race on Water Strider? Shit is craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Donator Since: 12/08/2011
    Minion Since: 04/10/2012

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowFever View Post

Oil Rig spy hunt is the best shit out man.

@AVGN Have you played Arms Race on Water Strider? Shit is craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Yeah I got first place but my legit days are over for now.