Hybrid View

Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy

Unhappy Weird Lag with everything set to Low/Medium/High.

About a year ago I got my steam account hacked. I was playing Black Ops II at medium with great FPS. Finally I got my account back today and nothing has changed on my PC apart from the disk space. I am not sure how much space I had before but I know that now its quite less. I have about 20GB of space on my C drive and about 50GB on my D drive. Even if I put my settings to all lowest I get around 20 fps. Not even. I used to get easily above 60.

My Specs:
    Geforce GT 440 GDDR3
    AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 B50
    4GB RAM
    1280x1024 resolution.
    I am using a desktop. All my drivers are up to date. I got some more space on my PC. I was looking at some threads about it and only BIOS update for it for the other people but I dont know how to perform a BIOS update. On MW3, MW2 I have great FPS.
    Last edited by Quck; 11-09-2013 at 08:41 AM. Reason: the processor is not X2, its X4

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoN07 View Post
    About a year ago I got my steam account hacked. I was playing Black Ops II at medium with great FPS. Finally I got my account back today and nothing has changed on my PC apart from the disk space. I am not sure how much space I had before but I know that now its quite less. I have about 20GB of space on my C drive and about 50GB on my D drive. Even if I put my settings to all lowest I get around 20 fps. Not even. I used to get easily above 60.

My Specs:
    Geforce GT 440 GDDR3
    AMD Phenom(tm) II X2 B50
    4GB RAM
    1280x1024 resolution.
    I am using a desktop. All my drivers are up to date. I got some more space on my PC. I was looking at some threads about it and only BIOS update for it for the other people but I dont know how to perform a BIOS update.
    Hmm...
    Have you defragmented your HDD recenlty? You should do if you haven't.
    Is your CPU/GPU overheating ?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovroman View Post

Hmm...
    Have you defragmented your HDD recenlty? You should do if you haven't.
    Is your CPU/GPU overheating ?
    Its actuall my friend who has the problem but I am just writing it for him because he can't speak english. His CPU/GPU is not overheating. The only time it did was yesterday when he had his pc on all the time between 9am and 11pm and he was playing games most of the time with no great cooling and his GPU temperature went up to 75degrees so he automatically switched off his pc. There is something wrong with his defragmentating thingy that he can't start it up so we looked at some people online who had the same problem and we didn't find anything but I found a few people who said to use a special program to defragment the HDD. They were saying its faster and easier and better to use but he doesn't want to use it because it may "damage" his pc alltogether.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Your drivers (updated) could have determined that BO II wasn't a game, and assigned it to your onboard chip. I'd check for that in the nVidea Configuration screen.

Minion+ : February 2014 - January 2015
    Counter Strike: Global Offensive Minion : November 2014 - January 2015
    Alliance of Valiant Arms Minion : August 2014 - January 2015
    Need For Speed World Minion : January 2014 - January 2015
    Rust Minion : January 2014 - January 2015
    Call of Duty Minion : January 2013 - January 2015
    Editor : December 2012 - April 2013
    Donator : March 2014 - Current
    Member : October 2010 - Current

Previously known as "Isaakske".

Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy
    Quote Originally Posted by Horror View Post
    Your drivers (updated) could have determined that BO II wasn't a game, and assigned it to your onboard chip. I'd check for that in the nVidea Configuration screen.
    What do you mean by that? Could you explain it a bit more please? How can I check it? How can I fix it if that is the problem? If that is not the problem then what else could be? Thank you very much.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    @ @NeoN07
    Open nVidea configuration screen (right click on your desktop)
    5. For NVIDIA cards, click on Adjust Image Settings with Preview, select Use my preference emphasizing: Performance and click Apply.

6. Click on Manage 3D Settings and open the drop down menu for Global Settings. Select the High-performance NVIDIA processor as your preferred graphics processor and click Apply.

7. Open the drop down menu for Program Settings and click Add. Search for the Black Ops II application (the location is C:/Program Files(x86) / Steam / SteamApps / Common / Call of Duty Black Ops II / t6mp.exe) and double click to select it. Open the drop down menu in step 2. and select the High-performance NVIDIA processor as the preferred graphics processor for this program and click Apply.

8. Click on Set PhysX configuration, open the drop down menu and select your NVIDIA card (the name is dependent on your exact card) as the PhysX processor. Click Apply and you are done. Re-start your computer and open Black Ops II to test. If you are still experiencing lagg, then I don't know. You could always download the latest nVidea drivers and see if that works.Visual Computing Leadership from NVIDIA

Your motherboard includes a small chip that handles graphics when there's no primary GPU avaible. Your PC tends to use this chip for stuff like internet browsing, etc. Somehow Black Ops II is set to use that chip instead of your primary GPU, hence the lagg. Luckily you can change what program uses what GPU, so give it a try. This is just my guess, and the only thing I can come up with that could cause this. If this doesn't work, I can't help you, sorry.
    Last edited by Horror; 11-10-2013 at 04:26 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Horror For This Useful Post:

Lovroman (11-10-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy
    @ @NeoN07
    Open nVidea configuration screen (right click on your desktop)
    5. For NVIDIA cards, click on Adjust Image Settings with Preview, select Use my preference emphasizing: Performance and click Apply.

6. Click on Manage 3D Settings and open the drop down menu for Global Settings. Select the High-performance NVIDIA processor as your preferred graphics processor and click Apply.

7. Open the drop down menu for Program Settings and click Add. Search for the Black Ops II application (the location is C:/Program Files(x86) / Steam / SteamApps / Common / Call of Duty Black Ops II / t6mp.exe) and double click to select it. Open the drop down menu in step 2. and select the High-performance NVIDIA processor as the preferred graphics processor for this program and click Apply.

8. Click on Set PhysX configuration, open the drop down menu and select your NVIDIA card (the name is dependent on your exact card) as the PhysX processor. Click Apply and you are done. Re-start your computer and open Black Ops II to test. If you are still experiencing lagg, then I don't know. You could always download the latest nVidea drivers and see if that works.Visual Computing Leadership from NVIDIA

Your motherboard includes a small chip that handles graphics when there's no primary GPU avaible. Your PC tends to use this chip for stuff like internet browsing, etc. Somehow Black Ops II is set to use that chip instead of your primary GPU, hence the lagg. Luckily you can change what program uses what GPU, so give it a try. This is just my guess, and the only thing I can come up with that could cause this. If this doesn't work, I can't help you, sorry.
    Yup. It didn't work

Thanks
    One thing that you might miss'd is setting the shadows to low ... it's on the first page on the settings menu.

That's what happen'd to me back in the day when I had a low-end computer.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy
    Quote Originally Posted by sixplox View Post
    One thing that you might miss'd is setting the shadows to low ... it's on the first page on the settings menu.

That's what happen'd to me back in the day when I had a low-end computer.
    You gotta be kidding me. Read the title before you post please.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy
    Well I guess nobody knows why so the only solution is throwing the PC out the window and buying a new one. Thanks guys! You are very helpful

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Well I guess nobody knows why so the only solution is throwing the PC out the window and buying a new one. Thanks guys! You are very helpful
    I'm sorry we're not Treyarch Support.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy

I'm sorry we're not Treyarch Support.
    Yeah you better be sorry. xD im kidding. I love you all. I should probably write to steam support or treyarch support. wtf was I thinking looking for help on a hacking foum. anyway thanks guys for everything. can I request to close this thread or something like that?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Yeah you better be sorry. xD im kidding. I love you all. I should probably write to steam support or treyarch support. wtf was I thinking looking for help on a hacking foum. anyway thanks guys for everything. can I request to close this thread or something like that?
    Sure