Threaded View

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

'White Privilege' and The Race Card

I absolutely despise this contrived psuedo-racial ideology we so humbly made up. I of course, and talking about 'White Privilege'.
    It's 2013, and there is absolutely no privilege to be had for a Caucasian. In fact, there actually appears to be a privilege for minorities, with lower job requirements, exclusive scholarships, and a wide-spread apologist public opinion.

I, as a white/hispanic male, had to be more adept at my trade than a black male in order to acquire a job, all due to this bullshit catering to minorities. Employers value minority applicants over caucasian ones in order to better represent 'equality', even if the minority applicant was both lesser skilled and less qualified. This regressive leftist thinking justifies endangering the general populace by placing lesser skilled workers in positions, with the only incentive being a mere thought that they're being fair.

Many will throw out the police force/imprisonment argument as a cause to their ends, but it promptly falls to pieces when you even briefly analyze it. The quote is that you are more likely to be searched, arrested, or otherwise harassed by police if you're a minority, which actually happens to be true. The deception plays in when you search for why that may be, which is the actual rate of crime in relation to race. According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, Black individuals both commit crimes, and are incarcerated, at a rate 5 to 7 times that of whites, and Hispanics at a rate of 2 to 3 times that of whites. With an astoundingly higher crime rate, it's only logical to assume that there would be more suspicion and confrontations with police as there is higher chance for a crime to be committed.

Next we address the pitiful scapegoating and race-card playing that's happening in today's society. It occurs to me that if basically anything unjust happens to a black individual, the cause is automatically purported to be racism or oppression. Trayvon Martin was killed because he was black, you only hate Obama because he's black, the police only arrested that guy because he's black, and so on. Do you really believe that the sole reason behind these events is a racial issue? Are there really no other deciding factors other than their skin color? The mere proposition of such an idea is almost racist in itself. That vein of logic seems to propose that minorities are defined only by their race, and nothing else, which is an almost dehumanization. If I were black, I would be highly offended by such a brand of thinking. Am I saying that racism and prejudice don't still exist in today's society? Not at all, but when things happen to a minority, it doesn't mean that race was a factor.
    Last edited by Aborted; 11-24-2013 at 03:26 AM.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aborted For This Useful Post:

Jim (11-24-2013),Josh (11-24-2013)