Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Problems running CrossFire

Right, let's get a few things straight. I'm going to be as descriptive as possible so I'd appreciate it, that if I'm taking my time that someone will actually reply.

I haven't posted on here in a very, very long time as I've been too busy and I've not played Cross Fire for well over a year and a half.
    I've read the rules on requesting for help and I hope I'm doing it correctly. I'm pretty damn good with computers, especially Windows but I'm exhausting myself by trying to figure out a solution to my problem and I hope someone here has the key to it.

Let's start.

This may not be my problem at all, as I have seen that a few others are experiencing this; my darn CrossFire won't run!

Now, I first installed CF yesterday and everything was working well for about 8 hours (not continously), then it just stopped ever so suddenly. After trying various things I decided that I would do a fresh install of Windows 8, with the 8.1 update, as I'd been planning to do this anyway at somepoint soon. When I had a clean install, it worked fine. Then, after a long period of time, I got the same problems occuring. This was over 4 hours ago. 4 hours of trying to find a solution.

To clarify, so that people don't tell me to do things that I've already done, I will put everything that I can think of.

I have done, thus far:
    Turned off Anti-Virus
    Allowed all processes in the "CrossFire" folder to be allowed through Windows Firewall
    Uninstalled CrossFire, deleted all remaining folders and restarted my computer, then reinstalled again
    Deleted the "hosts" file from "C:/ windows/system32/drivers/etc"
    Uninstalled Anti-Virus
    Replaced HGWC and XTRAP folders with ones downloaded from an approved upload on MPGH
    Turned off all Anti-Virus and Firewall software and redownloaded CrossFire from the Z8games website
    There may be more things I've tried, I will let whoever suggests know if I've done it as I can't remember right now.

Note: my "update" and "version" .ini files contain nothing whatsoever, as shown below:

"update.ini"

"version.ini"

I also have a feeling that there is something wrong with my CrossFire folder as there is no HGWC or XTRAP folder when it was initially installed, as shown below:

Now you can see my problem and I hope you understood everything I wrote. If you don't then please ask and I can clarify everything for you.

Thanks for reading and I hope you will try and assist me.

Cheers,
    Reece
    Last edited by Chester Bennington; 11-24-2013 at 10:05 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Missing the HGWC folder isn't much of a problem, as it starts off empty after you install it (so I would suggest just creating a 'New Folder' in the Crossfire directory, as well as making a 'Report' folder, as it appears you're missing that folder, too.)

I don't know how to attach my XTrap folder. If someone could help me out with that that'd be great.

Official Middleman since: 30 January 2014
    Minion since: 3 May 2014
    Editor since: 13 May 2014
    Marine since: 10 November 1775

Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    I apologize to anyone who I have called autistic, for this is the most autistic thing I have ever seen. Thanks gbot.
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    You're the cancer of the marketplace. Someone vouch for me. +1

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Hi mate, thanks for replying.

I have already done this as I used the HGWC and XTRAP folders from another person and that didn't seem to do anything.