Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead

Looking For Skilled Coders and Animators (Volunteers) For a project unlike any other

Alright the name says the point.

I am proposing an idea, and I am looking for people who could help me make it happen

I am a HUGE MUSIC FAN and there was a site called Turntable Fm and it was basically a chat room that provided you to make your own "room" where you can play any song you want and anyone in the same room could hear the music as well.Allowed you to earn point and get better avatars the more points you earned from people "thumbing up" the song you played, ALL WITHOUT ADS. This was any music lovers dream to share and have fun with music with others. Unfortunately due to funding issues and other projects they are working on it will be closed forever on December 2nd 2013.
    We are working on making anonymous raw data dumps for developers to have fun with.
    So I am not really sure what will be released but hopefully something that we can manipulate

Now where the hell does the AQW part come in?
    I was thinking we could grab some maps and Sets from AQW and basically re-make TTFM but with Aqw twist and new features

X- Room Reputation :More visitors equals higher reputation,these visitors only add points once per-day, Higher Leveled users can choose to add additional amount once per day but can only add more rep to one room: More Rep a room has more room items / room backgrounds it can unlock.

X-User Avatars : Players can get fans the more fans the higher the level goes . Which unlocks more Avatars for them to use (Pre-made Aqw Sets)

X- In game currency : Players when they Play songs and recieve likes or thumbs up gain Gold, this gold can be put towards Avatars.

X - Music Database : This is the tricky part as I am not sure how to store all this music, and pay for the storage, Any Ideas? Or maybe Temporary uploading and deletes after that day.

X- Emotes : Allows users to choose certain dance styles

X- Multi Dj : Allows more than one person to take turns choosing the music (up to 5 was how TTFM ran it)

X- Unlimited Room Sizes : This is more of a goal and is a long shot just as the rest of this project is

X- Donators can create rooms: People who donate to the project can make rooms or first 200 testers can.

X- Playlist System - Allows users to have 10 songs lined up to be played after each other

X- No filtered chat system: Say what you want, But there will be ban systems for spam. and common courtesy.

Any other ideas, does anyone think this would be even possible? This probably will never happen but it popped in my head to mix my 2 favorite games together Also Please check out there website www.turntable.fm Check it out and tell me what u think.
    Last edited by SuperGorgon; 11-26-2013 at 03:44 PM.

Thanks
    It's plausible like the room for example, sorta like your house where you can set your music. Maybe that can be solved by embedding YouTube videos (grabbing .mp3) as that's pretty easy to do. I'm not sure about thumbing up but it would be easier for a user to join a map like /house xxx and +1 that way. Overall it can happen but the source that they would provide wouldn't help... at all. Coding is a bit tricky and AS3 is a flash language, much different from HTML/Java/PHP or whatever language the website is coded in. It sounds really nice but it would be a difficult project to start from scratch. Maybe HiddenProject staff can add a mini-version of this to their server.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rance-Sama For This Useful Post:

SuperGorgon (11-26-2013)

Thanks
    Highly plausible, @Oliboli8769 @chibizs
    POWER RANGERS UNITE! fok u tyler.
    Last edited by zerobrium; 11-25-2013 at 09:03 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by zerobrium View Post
    Highly plausible, @Oliboli8769 @chibizs
    POWER RANGERS UNITE! fok u tyler.
    Lol Zeo. I do not see how almost all if not all of this could not be done. @AqworldThunder the ability to play songs would actually not only be as an MP3 within a map but im sure someone can call up songs like AQW's ballyhoo. Now this would require alot of coding, bandwidth, ram and other features. As I do not know all the coding but you would also have to have a reader for the files. Which could be like items. But I do not see while none of this cant be possible. I do not think though @AqworldThunder that HP will be doing anything close to this for a while... A long while. We are doing a bunch of coding overhauls, patching, and we are making/adding items for the upcoming holidays. We are pretty much going to put 3-4 releases into 1 week... Or that is how I view this happening. Anyhow this is completely possible and is a wonderful idea. You would have to set up an additional DB table for music and have a music list to call upon this table. Though sadly I do not think of any free way to do any of this.
    Want an Adventure Quest, DragonFable, or Mechquest trainer. If you answered yes to any of these then click here.

PkDude's Legacy V1.2

If you need help with AQW Private server creation then click Here.

If I have helped please press thanks. It doesn't take much effort and it means a lot to me.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AqworldThunder View Post
    lolnope.jpg
    Fuck that, I'm watching anime
    OT: This isn't really OT, I just want to look like I'm somewhat contributing to this thread. So yeah. uhh great idea op
    ermahgerd... why r u jst so kewl gaiz?
    I dnt knw wht all teh hullabaloo iz abt.

Naa but srsly. The music system would be quite simple. I know it's not the most amazing idea ever, but hear me out
    Just the load the music up from external URL's with the same domain. Then upload the files with names "song1", "song2", "song3" etc.
    Then you could just use the same URL but with an integer at the end which would be manipulated by the user.
    How would the user know which numbers match what songs? There would be an updated list with numbers associated with song names, just like quest ID's in aqworlds. This is the most simple form of what could be a great idea.

jks. Overall, I agree with AQWorldThunder. Flash really isn't mean't for this kind of project and it would take a long time to develop. Nice idea, though.
    On top of all that, I haven't really given this much thought considering I have really important exams in 2 months :/ Looking forward to Christmas with a shit ton of revision

Off-topic: Made my own flash game for a competition which ends tomorrow. Wish me luck y'all.
    I have no chance though because some pussies are using those 3D game creation thingy's which take no skill

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Thanks everyone for their feedback, I think maybe somehow could get a youtube embedder, and then have a search for it and boom you got ur music like when Aqw had posted One-Eyed Dolls music video along time ago. Yeah i figured people would dig the idea just a matter of how much effort and skill would be required. I have Flash Pro but can't code though i heard AS3 coding is easy. SO keep spitting ideas

Quote Originally Posted by AqworldThunder View Post
    It's plausible like the room for example, sorta like your house where you can set your music. Maybe that can be solved by embedding YouTube videos (grabbing .mp3) as that's pretty easy to do. I'm not sure about thumbing up but it would be easier for a user to join a map like /house xxx and +1 that way. Overall it can happen but the source that they would provide wouldn't help... at all. Coding is a bit tricky and AS3 is a flash language, much different from HTML/Java/PHP or whatever language the website is coded in. It sounds really nice but it would be a difficult project to start from scratch. Maybe HiddenProject staff can add a mini-version of this to their server.
    I think it was coded in flash, Im not sure you can still check Turntable.fm
    I just got no clue.
    Last edited by Gio; 11-27-2013 at 04:56 AM. Reason: double post

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGorgon View Post
    Thanks everyone for their feedback, I think maybe somehow could get a youtube embedder, and then have a search for it and boom you got ur music like when Aqw had posted One-Eyed Dolls music video along time ago. Yeah i figured people would dig the idea just a matter of how much effort and skill would be required. I have Flash Pro but can't code though i heard AS3 coding is easy. SO keep spitting ideas
    Fair enough. I wouldn't say AS3 is easy... it's not the most challenging language but it's not something which you can just pick up in a day
    For anyone who wants to have a go at this project and doesn't already know, you can use the YouTube flash api found here:
    https://developers.google.com/youtub..._api_reference
    Oh and apparently Turntable.fm can only be accessed in the US, so sadly I can't see it.

Thanks
    Hmm... Maybe Mystical can do this

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by awesomeer View Post
    Hmm... Maybe Mystical can do this
    Mystical is busy for now.
    Want an Adventure Quest, DragonFable, or Mechquest trainer. If you answered yes to any of these then click here.

PkDude's Legacy V1.2

If you need help with AQW Private server creation then click Here.

If I have helped please press thanks. It doesn't take much effort and it means a lot to me.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chibizs View Post
    Mystical is busy for now.
    oh
    well there isnt a time limit for this