Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Art News (12/11/2013)

3rd Edition
    12/11/13

I know I haven't been pumping these out weekly since I've been busy with work but here's a new one I hope you all enjoy!

So here's a video to start it off:

Here's the work of Ivan Tantsiura aka "Ivangraphics".

"Passionate about imagining, visualizing, designing, building, and bringing to motion of new worlds in computer games, movies, and animation. "

Born in Kiev, Ukraine 1982.
    In 1992 relocated to Israel.
    Studied four years product design in Hi-school, and four years Industrial Design at the H.I.T. Holon Institute of Technology.
    In 2008 graduated with B.Design degree.

Artist Zdzislaw Beksiński is best known for his immense, obsessively detailed paintings of catastrophic landscapes, surreal humanoid figures and afflicted nudes. Born in 1929, he grew up in southern Poland, then traveled to Krakow to study architecture where he subsequently spent several miserable years working as a construction site supervisor. His work from that era is primarily photography and sculpture.

Adam Beane is quite unique sculptor. Since beginning sculpting in 2002 he is known for dynamic compositions, action poses, nuanced drapery work and his ability to capture likenesses with expressions. For the work he uses CX5, a tremendously versatile material he developed which handles like clay when warm but is hard as plastic when cool. In this collection you will find mini copies of famous people and will be surprised how unbelievable realistic they look. Many of them were made for toys companies and may be you could find beautiful works of Adam Beane in supermarkets.

Paolo DiCanio

Simon Pegg and Nick Frost

Billy Wagnerfor

Zombie Teen

Alessandro Del Piero

Luca Toni

David Bowie

Latvia-based graphic artist and illustrator Alex Konahin (previously) recently completed work on a new series of ornate insect drawings titled Little Wings. The illustrations were made using pens and india ink in his distinctive style that makes used of ornate scrolls and intricate floral designs.

This painting is graphite version of the painting Solitude by Joe Fenton.The painting was firstly created with pencil then with ink, acrylic & gouache.You can look ta the details of the painting it is amazing piece of artwork.

[img]https://www.raafatrol*****m/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Graphite-version-of-painting-solitude-joe-fenton-1.jpg[/img]

[img]https://www.raafatrol*****m/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Graphite-version-of-painting-solitude-joe-fenton-9.jpg[/img]

[img]https://www.raafatrol*****m/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Graphite-version-of-painting-solitude-joe-fenton-3.jpg[/img]

[img]https://www.raafatrol*****m/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Graphite-version-of-painting-solitude-joe-fenton-4.jpg[/img]

[img]https://www.raafatrol*****m/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Graphite-version-of-painting-solitude-joe-fenton-5.jpg[/img]

[img]https://www.raafatrol*****m/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Graphite-version-of-painting-solitude-joe-fenton-6.jpg[/img]

[img]https://www.raafatrol*****m/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Graphite-version-of-painting-solitude-joe-fenton-7.jpg[/img]

[img]https://www.raafatrol*****m/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Graphite-version-of-painting-solitude-joe-fenton-8.jpg[/img]

[img]https://www.raafatrol*****m/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Graphite-version-of-painting-solitude-joe-fenton-2.jpg[/img]

American artist Soo Sunny Park took over Rice Gallery, part of Rice University in Houston, Texas, with a glistening, labor intensive, abstract installation called Unwoven Light. The suspended piece is made up of 37 individual units composed of chain link fencing that is arranged into a sculptural form that’s all about light.

As you make your way around the space, the ever-changing rainbows of color bounce off each piece of iridescent Plexiglas that has been wired into the openings of the metal fence. The coated Plexiglas causes the light to “unweave” making each shape turn from clear to colorful as light hits them.

Since 2004 England-based Simon Beck has strapped on a pair of snowshoes and lumbered out into the the freshly fallen snow at the Les Arcs ski resort in France to trample out his distinctly geometric patterns, footprint by footprint. Each work takes the 54-year-old artist anywhere between 6 hours and two days to complete, an impressive physical feat aided from years of competitive orienteering. The orienteering also helps him in the precise mapping process which often begins on a computer before he’s able to mark landmarks in the snow that guide his precise walking patterns.

Here's cardboard art from Berni Valenta in Munich, Germany

I found Jeremy Encio‘s illustrations enchanting. This talented artist was definitely overdue for a second feature if not for his beautiful ethereal work, for his appreciation of all things awesome like Adventure Time, Neil deGrasse Tyson and Stephen Fry.

Thanks to everyone who read my last one, and keep following! I'll be trying to find the latest and most interesting art out there.

If anyone wants to see something next week or has something to sugest private message me and I'll be happy to add it to the following week's edition. Your creativity is my inspiration!

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Oneirish For This Useful Post:

6ixth (12-12-2013),BurningAshes (12-19-2013),Euphemistic (12-11-2013),[MPGH]Flengo (12-11-2013),[MPGH]Liz (01-16-2014),[MPGH]Mayion (12-18-2013),molot (02-05-2015),TripperNet (12-12-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Plagiarize much? At least give credit to the place you copy from.
    For example: https://www.thisiscolossal.com/2012/1...om-simon-beck/
    Last edited by Ryan; 12-12-2013 at 11:05 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Plagiarize much? At least give credit to the place you copy from.
    For example: New Trampled Snow Art from Simon Beck | Colossal
    Most of the websites that published the art aren't the actual websites for the artists... if you want to find more about them you can google their name like an intelligent person. (plagiarizing is if I'm taking credit for their art which I'm clearly not since I posted the artist's name)

think before you post...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirish View Post
    Most of the websites that published the art aren't the actual websites for the artists... if you want to find more about them you can google their name like an intelligent person. (plagiarizing is if I'm taking credit for their art which I'm clearly not since I posted the artist's name)

think before you post...
    Each work takes the 54-year-old artist anywhere between 6 hours and two days to complete, an impressive physical feat aided from years of competitive orienteering. The orienteering also helps him in the precise mapping process which often begins on a computer before he’s able to mark landmarks in the snow that guide his precise walking patterns.

This is what he is referring to, not the artist, nor the artwork, but what you "wrote" about them.
    [IMG]https://i152.photobucke*****m/albums/s198/blackbliss11/blackorbs_zps443616a7.png[/IMG]

6. The Following User Says Thank You to +dd.Shift For This Useful Post:

Ryan (12-12-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirish View Post

think before you post...
    Plagiarizing is taking someone else's work (visual or literary) and publishing it as your own, with or without credit to the original creator.
    I'm not talking about the art. I mentioned the text for a reason.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:

Rhysis (01-06-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    This is some good stuff!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I made a thread about Zdzislaw Beksiński like a year ago. Love that guys shit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Thanks for the news. I enjoyed reading it. Pretty neat.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    First of all, don't be a fucking rip. Second of all, why did this place go to shit since the last time I've been here?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhysis View Post
    First of all, don't be a fucking rip. Second of all, why did this place go to shit since the last time I've been here?
    Everyone who cared has grown up and moved on. At least that's what it seems like.

Good to see you by the way.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:

Rhysis (01-07-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post

Everyone who cared has grown up and moved on. At least that's what it seems like.

Good to see you by the way.
    I stop by sometimes to see how bad it gets, and to get blacklisted for refusing to deal with shitty middlemen on the trading sections. But all is good, I'm working through college, interning and have a really good side job as a wedding assistant. Nice to see you too, Ryan.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhysis View Post

I stop by sometimes to see how bad it gets, and to get blacklisted for refusing to deal with shitty middlemen on the trading sections. But all is good, I'm working through college, interning and have a really good side job as a wedding assistant. Nice to see you too, Ryan.
    About the same here. Doing sysadmin work for a non-profit as a part-time job, going to school for journalism and learning film/photography on the side.

I don't honestly know why I keep coming back here. I guess it's kind of like Facebook where I don't really want to be here but there are a select few people who I can only contact this way.

Thanks
    thanks for the news

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Twinq For This Useful Post:

Ryan (01-07-2014)