Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty

zIan development hack

Hey,
    So basically I used zIan development hack once. It was at least 1 year ago, maybe even more. Since crossfire got updated, this message started poping up:

I didn't really mind, as it didn't do any harm (I could play the game and all, only had to press "Launch the game without the hack".
    Well anyways, last time I've played cf was about 3-4 weeks ago. And yesterday I wanted to play it again. So I updated it and... :

Now I always get this message and game shuts off. I tried closing every damn proccess in task manager, and it still doesn't work.

You see, as soon as zIan hack stopped working (1,2 maybe 3 years ago) I deleted all zIan files. But I was foolish enough not to uninstall it. And now I've got no idea on how to remove it, I tried searching my whole computer of files cointaining "zIan" but no luck. And I can't shut it off in the task manager as it appears as HGWC (probably injected in cf file or something?).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S.:
    Somehow I couldn't spell zIan properly -> replace I with Y for the proper name.

EDIT:
    Why can't I properly insert screenshots? They appear as attachments :/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails
    T4pf5gA.png  

ctaljmL.png  

Last edited by Bago47; 12-21-2013 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Asking additional question

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    This should be posted in help section and i dont think people will help you to fix your zIan development in mpgh.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Why not? Who should I ask then?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Maybe try re-installing?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Delete the Crossfire folder in the Z8Games directory, and then do a clean reinstall.

Official Middleman since: 30 January 2014
    Minion since: 3 May 2014
    Editor since: 13 May 2014
    Marine since: 10 November 1775

Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    I apologize to anyone who I have called autistic, for this is the most autistic thing I have ever seen. Thanks gbot.
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    You're the cancer of the marketplace. Someone vouch for me. +1

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bago47 View Post
    Hey,
    So basically I used zIan development hack once. It was at least 1 year ago, maybe even more. Since crossfire got updated, this message started poping up:

I didn't really mind, as it didn't do any harm (I could play the game and all, only had to press "Launch the game without the hack".
    Well anyways, last time I've played cf was about 3-4 weeks ago. And yesterday I wanted to play it again. So I updated it and... :

Now I always get this message and game shuts off. I tried closing every damn proccess in task manager, and it still doesn't work.

You see, as soon as zIan hack stopped working (1,2 maybe 3 years ago) I deleted all zIan files. But I was foolish enough not to uninstall it. And now I've got no idea on how to remove it, I tried searching my whole computer of files cointaining "zIan" but no luck. And I can't shut it off in the task manager as it appears as HGWC (probably injected in cf file or something?).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S.:
    Somehow I couldn't spell zIan properly -> replace I with Y for the proper name.

EDIT:
    Why can't I properly insert screenshots? They appear as attachments :/
    -Do what @JimTheGreat said, but be sure to don't have or have empty the CrossFire folder before installing again.
    -Delete any temporal file (Start>>My PC, right click on your hard disk (C: or whatever it's called)>>Properties>>Free space in disk, wait for it to load, check "temporal files" and "temporal internet files" then click on Ok and wait untill it finishes). You may also use a program like CCleaner or another to do this.
    -After deleting temp files, go to Start>>My PC>>(your hard disk)>>WINDOWS>>System32 and check for any file (.exe,.dll,.bat, etc.) related to the hack and delete them, but be careful for not deleting any important file.
    -Finally, go to Start>>Execute, type msconfig and then click Ok. Look on "Start" button for any process related to the hack and uncheck them and click on Apply, then take a look on the list from "Services" button and disable any process realted to the hack (uncheck and click apply).

Once finished, click on Ok. It will ask you if you want to restart your computer, then choose "restart".

Before deleting any file, shutting down or disabling any process, you can google their names to know what they do and from what aplication they are.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Hey,
    I've done same as the above. Uninstalled CF, deleted everything with "CrossFire" and "Z8Games" in it's name. Deleted all temporary files and temporary internet files and removed a shitload of programs from msconfig thingy (startup list).
    After everything's been cleared I downloaded and installed crossfire again, freshly.

BUT,
    zIan thingy still appears and xtrap error, too....

Thanks
    Hey,
    I've done same as the above. Uninstalled CF, deleted everything with "CrossFire" and "Z8Games" in it's name. Deleted all temporary files and temporary internet files and removed a shitload of programs from msconfig thingy (startup list).
    After everything's been cleared I downloaded and installed crossfire again, freshly.

BUT,
    install it in another directory? /

Thanks
    Hey,

BUT,
    -Try out what @[\/]illager said, and hope it works. For example, set C:/Z8Games/CrossFire or C:/Documents and Settings/Z8Games/CrossFire or C:/Documents and Settings/(user)/Z8Games/CrossFire.
    -You should take a look at the list on services button from the system configuration tool, not just startup; also check system32 folder... viruses and hack tools sets files (commonly on system32) wich can launch processes (such like z.Yan). Those processes may be seen both on the list of services from the system configuration tool at services button and/or the Task Bar. Also, those processes may show a fake name, so, behaving like a known aplication, even when that aplication is really installed (they may take the name of a Hewlett Packard printer's process, or a Nvidia graphics card's process, or any other device/program), or don't show information and set numbers and letters as name.

Thanks
    i think you have some hacks in your crossfire folder

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    You're an idiot if you think 'z(Y)an hack(s)' still works as of now.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Euphemistic View Post
    You're an idiot if you think 'z(Y)an hack(s)' still works as of now.
    He is obviously trying to remove it.. he installed it years ago and never took it from cf folder since he does not know how.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sfsuper1515 View Post
    i think you have some hacks in your crossfire folder
    No shit sherlock, but its probably some other program enabling the hack

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Fine the hack, run it and press uninstall..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    But where should I find it? I've deleted its files ages ago...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast