Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks

Negative PayPal Balance.

So I lost a claim of $18, and I was also charged a fee of $18 to settle the claim, which is fucking stupid. I'm so mad right now, and I'm planning on never using PayPal ever again.

So I have a question, and I'm hoping at least one of you know the answer to this.

What happens if I don't pay Paypal my negative balance of -$36? I know I can't use their service (sending money and such) until I pay them back, but other than that, what will happen? I know they won't take it out of my debit card since that would be an unauthorized charge. So what will they do? Get debt collectors on my ass over $36?

Thanks.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sick
    Quote Originally Posted by xxF0rc3xx View Post
    So I lost a claim of $18, and I was also charged a fee of $18 to settle the claim, which is fucking stupid. I'm so mad right now, and I'm planning on never using PayPal ever again.

So I have a question, and I'm hoping at least one of you know the answer to this.

What happens if I don't pay Paypal my negative balance of -$36? I know I can't use their service (sending money and such) until I pay them back, but other than that, what will happen? I know they won't take it out of my debit card since that would be an unauthorized charge. So what will they do? Get debt collectors on my ass over $36?

Thanks.
    Pretty sure if it goes unpaid long enough your account gets permanently disabled.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    I know they won't take it out of my debit card since that would be an unauthorized charge.
    If you're using a student account, they actually can.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chickeninabiskit View Post

Pretty sure if it goes unpaid long enough your account gets permanently disabled.
    Other than that, will anything else happen? Will they send debt collectors (i've heard of that happening to a lot of people that don't pay their negative balance)

Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post

If you're using a student account, they actually can.
    I'm not. I'm using a regular personal account.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    So what you're saying is that you're poorer than your Nigerian ****** fucking mother? Oh, alright.

*Catching up on my insulting posts for the New Year.

** It's going to be a good'un

Thanks
    Pretty sure you have ages to pay it off, I mean.. my paypal balance was -$300 didn't pay it off for like 2 months or something
    Find my latest releases on my YT:

Thanks
    HTF you got a -300$ PayPal Balance ?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Go on the run?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Magisterium View Post
    So what you're saying is that you're poorer than your Nigerian ****** fucking mother? Oh, alright.
    Would that be a mother who fucks Nigerian ******s?
    Or maybe a Nigerian mother who fucks regular ******s?
    Or then again, the fuck may simply be a colorful expletive in, a mother who is a Nigerian ******.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post

Would that be a mother who fucks Nigerian ******s?
    Or maybe a Nigerian mother who fucks regular ******s?
    Or then again, the fuck may simply be a colorful expletive in, a mother who is a Nigerian ******.
    I like to encourage youngsters to embrace all possible options. Hell, as we know his mother is quite well versed with Nigerians and ******s, it could possibly be multiple of the above options which you listed.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sick
    Other than that, will anything else happen? Will they send debt collectors (i've heard of that happening to a lot of people that don't pay their negative balance)
    They're not going to pay someone to come after you for $18. Probably would cost more than that to employ the person for an hour. You're way too paranoid. I think a realistic scenario would be for you to be black listed (not allowed to use their service) permanently. Now, whether that could be bypassed by getting a new banking account or if you're fucked for good...I don't know.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Just create a new account, I guess.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gio Jr. View Post
    Just create a new account, I guess.
    I have no problem with that, I just want to know if anything will happen other than the account getting permanently banned. I know it's just $36 dollars, but I've heard stories about debt collectors going after people with a -$25 balance. If nothing will be affected (no letters sent to my house, them contacting my bank for money, affecting my credit score, etc.) then I'll just abandon the account.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    I have no problem with that, I just want to know if anything will happen other than the account getting permanently banned. I know it's just $36 dollars, but I've heard stories about debt collectors going after people with a -$25 balance. If nothing will be affected (no letters sent to my house, them contacting my bank for money, affecting my credit score, etc.) then I'll just abandon the account.
    Alright, I'll offer a real response. Paypal caught me in a bind once before. I had sold a laptop on my old Paypal account, the account was linked to an old bank account which was no longer used. I withdrew the funds and used them, about a month after I received about a $30.00 fee from Ebay which overdrew my BANK account. At the time I didn't notice. I got a letter from my old bank 4 months later letting me know that I had about $250.00 in fees tacked onto my account now and that it would default in about a week. My debt got sold to a debt collector or something (I was never contacted), and I never paid back my bank. This all happened when I was about 16. I won't lie, it took some work to get my credit out of the shitter. I have a 720 credit score now. (It's not amazing, but I don't need a better one at the moment, I have plenty of open credit)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Magisterium View Post
    Alright, I'll offer a real response. Paypal caught me in a bind once before. I had sold a laptop on my old Paypal account, the account was linked to an old bank account which was no longer used. I withdrew the funds and used them, about a month after I received about a $30.00 fee from Ebay which overdrew my BANK account. At the time I didn't notice. I got a letter from my old bank 4 months later letting me know that I had about $250.00 in fees tacked onto my account now and that it would default in about a week. My debt got sold to a debt collector or something (I was never contacted), and I never paid back my bank. This all happened when I was about 16. I won't lie, it took some work to get my credit out of the shitter. I have a 720 credit score now. (It's not amazing, but I don't need a better one at the moment, I have plenty of open credit)
    So pretty much, if I don't pay my negative balance, it will affect my credit score? This shit is stupid, especially for $36 -.-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast