Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy

Lightbulb A new idea from a new member

I was playing realm yesterday when I realized something. Once you get to lvl 20 you can't be bothered to go get health pots, but you could use them. On the other hand you have a ton of shitty, tier 8 items. What if there was a way to trade your shit items for useful health pots. My idea was to set up a bunch of mules with health pots that are automated to trade health/mp pots for combined feed power. The mules will get hp/mp pots by trading shitty items to noobs for their hp/mp pots. If done correctly I feel that it would be used often. I don't know if it has been done before but I would like to know if anybody would actually be interested in this.

*UPDATE*
    This idea got me thinking.. What if health pots are only the beginning. You could set up a website, like the realm eye trading section, were people could trade items for other items or pots. It would be all automated and the mules would only enter the realm once somebody needed them.
    Last edited by MrHappySad; 01-07-2014 at 08:23 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MrHappySad For This Useful Post:

Yotsuba (01-07-2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHappySad View Post
    I was playing realm yesterday when I realized something. Once you get to lvl 20 you can't be bothered to go get health pots, but you could use them. On the other hand you have a ton of shitty, tier 8 items. What if there was a way to trade your shit items for useful health pots. My idea was to set up a bunch of mules with health pots that are automated to trade health/mp pots for combined feed power. The mules will get hp/mp pots by trading shitty items to noobs for their hp/mp pots. If done correctly I feel that it would be used often. I don't know if it has been done before but I would like to know if anybody would actually be interested in this.
    This sounds great! But there are a few problems, can't people just make "noob" accounts and just do /nexustutorial over and over again to farm hp and mp pots receive the items and resell them? Or they could sell the for real cash $$ using their shops(?)
    Overall this seems like a great idea, but to maintain all these mules in different servers carrying HP and MP pots would be somewhat hard.
    hi

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    It wouldn't be managed by a human. I would set up a program to handle everything on a virtual server.
    Also it wouldn't matter if people farmed the tutorial because that would just supplement the "economy".
    But thanks for your input
    Last edited by MrHappySad; 01-07-2014 at 06:44 PM.

Thanks
    good idea
    just have a bot create accounts that farm tut for 6/6 potions then when you pm it or something it meets you and trades them

can you even trade hp pots?
    My Vouches
    Having an issue with RotMG? Check for the solution here.

Need Realm items? Come to RealmStock!

Accepting PayPal - Bitcoin - Giftcards
    Selling ST Sets, Class Top Sets, Life Pots, and much more!

Find it here: MPGH Sales Thread

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Quote Originally Posted by 059 View Post
    good idea
    just have a bot create accounts that farm tut for 6/6 potions then when you pm it or something it meets you and trades them

can you even trade hp pots?
    you can trade them if they are in your inventory... problem is you have to do a glitch to get them that way. However, you might be able to code a client that has the ability to put hp pots in your inventory. If anybody knows anything about that, speak up!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    You guys are complicating things too much. @flyrocket worked on a project like this. What he did was create a custom client which spawned up new characters (many many characters) when someone typed out a phrase in nexus. All the bots would teleport (this was back when you could teleport in nexus) to the person and drop their hp pot. It was pretty much an instant refill.
    Be careful, stray too far from the pack and you'll get lost.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to nilly For This Useful Post:

Alde. (01-08-2014)

The richest man is not the one who has the most but the one who needs the least.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    M11, we miss you :'(

JEZUS HE'S ALIVE! Characters of the RotMG Player: MEleven | RealmEye.com
    Last edited by Alde.; 01-08-2014 at 02:08 PM.
    Alde is Alde is

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Alde. For This Useful Post:

E_Z (01-08-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    *UPDATE*
    This idea got me thinking.. What if health pots are only the beginning. You could set up a website, like the realm eye trading section, were people could trade items for other items or pots. It would be all automated and the mules would only enter the realm once somebody needed them.
    this sounds like scrap.tf which is for tf2 good idea yet would be very complicated to do ... good luck man

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Quote Originally Posted by E_Z View Post
    this sounds like scrap.tf which is for tf2 good idea yet would be very complicated to do ... good luck man
    Ya that website is sorta the inspiration. I think I could make this work. At first it will just buy and sell life. Buy for less and sell for more. What do you guys think?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Ya that website is sorta the inspiration. I think I could make this work. At first it will just buy and sell life. Buy for less and sell for more. What do you guys think?

hey if you can get it to work man all the power to ya good luck either way hmu on skype if ya want jimmy.rustles33