Thread: Encrypt.exe

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
    Especially this one right here "->". But that's just me I guess.
    if you'd normally acces something from a normal struct or class you'd use
    Code:
    testmyclass.testint;
    but if we were to create a pointer to that class we'd have to use
    Code:
    testmyclass->testint = 4;
    which could also be written as
    Code:
    (*testmyclass).testint = 4;
    somehow
    t
    c
    l shows up as stars o__O
    Last edited by Hell_Demon; 09-14-2009 at 03:30 PM. Reason: sorry its late, thx zeco

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hell_Demon For This Useful Post:

B1ackAnge1 (09-14-2009),why06 (09-14-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    It's Quite Simple really:

MyClass x;
    x.DoSomething();

MyClass *y = new MyClass();
    y->DoSomething();

MyClass* z = &x;
    z->DoSomething();
    *z.DoSomething();

You have to use -> when dealing with references/pointers to objects (heap) and '.' when dealing with it directly(stack)

the Double Colon only comes into play with the static stuff & namespaces

Edit: *looks above* yeah that! lol

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to B1ackAnge1 For This Useful Post:

Hell_Demon (09-14-2009),why06 (09-14-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Demon View Post
    if you'd normally acces something from a normal struct or class you'd use
    Code:
    tes***ass.testint;
    but if we were to create a pointer to that class we'd have to use
    Code:
    testptr->testint = 4;
    which could also be written as
    Code:
    *testptr.testint = 4;
    Well actually
    Code:
    (*testptr).testint = 4;
    Oh and the :: operator is for scope, so like BA said, namespaces and static stuff.

Which book are you using why06?

Oh and @ black angel, for what i wanted to do to work, i also needed a way to convert back to managed string.

It was, get managed string, convert to std string or char*, convert back to managed string. I managed the second part, just not the third.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to zeco For This Useful Post:

Hell_Demon (09-14-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    woah D: Calm down guys.... I got a book. believe it or not I do read. I just said it gives me a lil trouble (looked it up the very second I wrote that. Haha XD) don't need an explanation, but thx anyway I guess o_O

LOL

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by zeco View Post
    Well actually
    Code:
    (*testptr).testint = 4;
    Yep, meant that(getting late).
    im gonna call it a day, cya guys tomorrow.

all of you ch00bs should listen to b1ackange1, zeco and why06 ^^ you'll become a whole lot wiser from that :P

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hell_Demon For This Useful Post:

B1ackAnge1 (09-14-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Demon View Post
    all of you ch00bs should listen to b1ackange1, zeco and why06 ^^ you'll become a whole lot wiser from that :P
    Lol. The only thing I do is ask a whole lot of annoying question xD. Ur the ones answering them. If that makes me wise then I'll be damned. Good night HD.
    It's mid-day here, but ur on the otherside of the world.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    No Questions = No Learning = Staying Stupid

We coders gotta stick together & help each other out !

12. The Following User Says Thank You to B1ackAnge1 For This Useful Post:

Hell_Demon (09-15-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Questions are good, it means you're interested.
    People with an 'I want to learn gamehacking in C++ please give me all your source code so I can copy+paste and claim it as my own' attitude is what I really hate.

Why06 is a perfect example of someone that asks questions that would actually help him, or another person out(and you can see he is interested and also posts his own code to show you what he has done so far).

JMonking however is one of the people that asks the same question over and over, and in the end ignores everything we said and goes his own way again.

My advice: Listen to those who know what they're doing, listen to their opinions, do NOT try to run before you can walk(so no making hacks untill you've learned the basics of a language).

One last note: It's way more satisfying when you can make your own hacks, especially if you can share it with others. if you copy paste and are still a retard at the end of the run it will have no use at all.

Thanks for reading,
    Hell_Demon(aka R3B3L and TehKiller)

P.S. this is just my 2 cents, do whatever you wish with this information ^^

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hell_Demon For This Useful Post:

B1ackAnge1 (09-15-2009),why06 (09-15-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Amen to that!
    Nothing worse than a CopyPaste 'Dev'....

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Yeah i agree. Asking questions is a great way to learn. Hmm i should post little projects once in a while like why06 >_<. I really need more practice. But i'm bad at thinking of things to do since i'm not creative.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Yeah i agree. Asking questions is a great way to learn. Hmm i should post little projects once in a while like why06 >_<. I really need more practice. But i'm bad at thinking of things to do since i'm not creative.
    I've actually found a little book of C++ problems. They are little programs with one or two things wrong with them. It's pretty easy stuff not to hard, but keep you on top of your game. I plan to start posting the one about once a day when I move away from beginner stuff and start getting into more technical C++. So I don't forget what I learned while learning ASM and managed C++.

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Ooh, that sounds awesome. Actually finding errors in code has always greatly entertained me. What is the book called?

P.S. Managed C++ rots your brain. It would be better to learn C#.
    Except that might greatly confuse you since C# is like half java looking, half C++ ish. So the lines of syntax would probably get too blurred for you to remember xD.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    I also think Why06 is a little confuzzled between Managed C++ and plain old Win32 C++

Remember:
    C = derived from 'B'
    C++ = C + Object Orientation etc
    Win32 C++ = windows API using C++

Managed C++ = .NET using C++
    C# = .NET using C#
    VB.NET = .NET using VB
    ASP.NET = ASP using .NET with either VB.NET or C# lol
    F# = well.. you can guess (except it's 'functional programming' which is not my cup of tea)
    Last edited by B1ackAnge1; 09-15-2009 at 05:58 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Ooh, that sounds awesome. Actually finding errors in code has always greatly entertained me. What is the book called?

P.S. Managed C++ rots your brain. It would be better to learn C#.
    Except that might greatly confuse you since C# is like half java looking, half C++ ish. So the lines of syntax would probably get too blurred for you to remember xD.
    Lol ur probably right. xD anyway managed isn't that bad, not like I have much of a choice anyway if I want to make an application on windows. All the text is Unicode D:

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Quote Originally Posted by B1ackAnge1 View Post
    I also think Why06 is a little confuzzled between Managed C++ and plain old Win32 C++
    What the who now? o_O?!

EDIT:
    Yeh. that would be correct. Just got em confused again in my above post D:
    xD HAha LOL

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast