How do you explain skin color then?
    Basic genetics?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

Basic genetics?
    No I'm saying like, in religion.

There is basically no explanation for race in religion.(since in their belief we are all descendants of adam and eve.)

Before the gods, there were the Titans.
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    YOU BELIEVE IN GOD RIGHT?

END OF DISCUSSION?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by TitanDrive View Post

END OF DISCUSSION?
    Stupidity is not a valid excuse to end a discussion.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Johnson View Post

No I'm saying like, in religion.

There is basically no explanation for race in religion.(since in their belief we are all descendants of adam and eve.)
    I believe the bible tried to use the "tower of babel" to explain race seperation but it's rather poor on any realism at all from that.

Not to mention the story of Noah resetting whatever humankind was to a small number then the tower of babel.

The amount of inconsistency with itself is astounding. Even then, the amount of silly bullshit the bible has on origins is just laughable.
    --------------------------

Other Religions don't touch on race so much because mankind comes from a more "elemental" origin.
    Last edited by Empire; 03-08-2014 at 02:21 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:

Ferris Bueller (03-08-2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TitanDrive View Post

END OF DISCUSSION?
    that doesn't answer my question though.
    Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Yesterday it was USA but todays lookin more like China
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

Depends on what you define as "miracles" because most of what you are talking about on modern day miracle aren't acts of god but rather causality. Even then it wouldn't excuse the problems with the world.

Humans having knowledge is not a sin. In fact God if he had laid out the choice clearly, humanity would still be in the garden eden. What God did was deception.

It's like me telling you, "don't eat a peach", not explaining why or the consequences, just DO NOT EAT THAT PEACH. Well ok, I eat the peach.

Turns out, if I ate a peach, a billion puppies and babies just got blown up. Seems kind of silly right? Well imagine that if you at the peach it gave you sentience, and that sentience is a sin. That is what the bible teaches you.

Keep trolling, nobody cares.
    I don't think its fair to say that's what the Bible teaches. People take it way too literally. When you step back and try to find meaning in the Bible stories you can find meaningful things about life.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by dddrrr View Post

I don't think its fair to say that's what the Bible teaches. People take it way too literally. When you step back and try to find meaning in the Bible stories you can find meaningful things about life.
    True, but that is also wishful interpretation. There are plenty of bible stories that don't have a really good "lesson" you could get from them or are just plain bad.

Thanks
    When people are taught from birth that there is a being that watches over them, no matter how much they try, the idea tends to stick.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to killzone553 For This Useful Post:

Ferris Bueller (03-13-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by killzone553 View Post
    When people are taught from birth that there is a being that watches over them, no matter how much they try, the idea tends to stick.
    People who became atheists exist
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by killzone553 View Post
    So did santa......

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    You can't explain why you believe in a God, it's called believing for a reason. It's the same reason people believe in magic or other things that you do not have complete proof of but people believe in anyway. There is no way to prove there is a God, no matter all the facts you bring up people still have faith. I'm a Christian myself and no fact I can say will prove that there is a God, I personally believe that the reason there isn't proof is because of faith, God wants us to have faith to have hope for him, with proof this is impossible.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    Quote Originally Posted by LuaHax View Post
    You can't explain why you believe in a God, it's called believing for a reason. It's the same reason people believe in magic or other things that you do not have complete proof of but people believe in anyway. There is no way to prove there is a God, no matter all the facts you bring up people still have faith. I'm a Christian myself and no fact I can say will prove that there is a God, I personally believe that the reason there isn't proof is because of faith, God wants us to have faith to have hope for him, with proof this is impossible.
    Which brings us to the point, why believe in something you have no proof of?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferris Bueller View Post

Which brings us to the point, why believe in something you have no proof of?
    Because it gives us hope, why do people shoot a half court basketball shot even though they know they probably won't make it? Why do people believe in things there is no proof of? Because we have hope, faith. Look around, open your eyes there are people believing in things there is no proof all around you. That and there is no inconclusive proof that God is real but there is some. Why are we still talking about Jesus Christ today? There has to be a reason. Why is Confucius just a history lesson? Now I know you're going to bring up why are Muslims still talking about Muhammad? Well because Satan is out there and a live he is trying to tempt us into doing wrong. My point is that I know it's hard to believe something that you don't have proof of but why do people do it? I don't believe it's because there stupid. It's because they feel there is something missing. How do you explain the story's of people going to heaven and back? You don't. It doesn't just so happen that God makes everything hope based. Christianity is a hope based religion not a proof based religion.

Please excuse this writing if it's bad this is coming out of a 13 year old.
    Last edited by LuaHax; 03-16-2014 at 10:13 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by LuaHax View Post
    Because it gives us hope, why do people shoot a half court basketball shot even though they know they probably won't make it? Why do people believe in things there is no proof of? Because we have hope, faith. Look around, open your eyes there are people believing in things there is no proof all around you. That and there is no inconclusive proof that God is real but there is some. Why are we still talking about Jesus Christ today? There has to be a reason. Why is Confucius just a history lesson? Now I know you're going to bring up why are Muslims still talking about Muhammad? Well because Satan is out there and a live he is trying to tempt us into doing wrong. My point is that I know it's hard to believe something that you don't have proof of but why do people do it? I don't believe it's because there stupid. It's because they feel there is something missing. How do you explain the story's of people going to heaven and back? You don't. It doesn't just so happen that God makes everything hope based. Christianity is a hope based religion not a proof based religion.

Please excuse this writing if it's bad this is coming out of a 13 year old.
    Oh kid.....please, go research some of this stuff for yourself.

Confucius is still a history lesson because most people don't want to go to the effort of translation, his works are actually a lot better than Jesus or Muhammad, had a much bigger impact on the world too.

We talk about Jesus for the same reason we talk about Zeus, Odin, Ra, and all the other deities, because mythology has some fun in it. Satan isn't out there "tempting us to do wrong", never believe that. Satan is only an excuse people use for their lack of control, temptation isn't this entity that people will have you believe.
    -------------

Please, research the bible for yourself, read it with objectivity. I could go on and on telling you why the bible is basically fucked up, but it's better for you to read stuff and really think about it for yourself.
    Last edited by Empire; 03-16-2014 at 01:44 PM.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast