Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks

Constructive criticism wanted

This is the picture before i edited it https://www.nefariousfilms.com/Images...%20Zombies.jpg

I used it for a sig on a zombie game i play that's why i used zombies and all the other zombie soldier pics were too cartoonish and i'm not a big fan of that.

Sometimes when i get bored i like to mess around with photoshop, i don't like to create text things. I like to edit things over pictures a while back i used to edit pictures of people to get the hang of photoshop and i used to do REZ editing on guns in CA and then i started doing gfx for game clans and friends etc...

I'm looking for tips on how to make images like these better, i wanted to make the blood splatter pop out more but with this picture it was either leave the blood like that or cover their faces. I initially didn't want to do cracks i wanted to give it an old picture type of look but all the pictures i tried to over lay just came out not really effecting anything.

If you have any tips on things to make things like the blood pop out more and make the picture in general blend but pop more feel free to leave a comment, however don't be rude nor vulgar. I'm here for tips not an argument.

Thanks

Scammed 3 Times| Sucsessful Trades 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetooth View Post
    This guy is 100% legit. We just did the trade and had no problems, thanks bro.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    The cracked dirt image you used for the background is far too low res; it gives the image a messy look to it.
    Your text is very hard to see - it needs to be opaque so you don't need to squint to see it.
    Also i think you dulled down the original stock image down way too much. The original quality was very good and now you just can't see that anymore.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Invidus For This Useful Post:

rippantera (02-17-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I think that the renders should pop not being covered by the red "fog" in the background.
    Plus like Premonitinoz said, text isnt really legible, make it easier to read, and you need to add an "s" (I think it's messiah, not mesiah).
    Formerly known as gamer4evere

Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Shouldn't be cracked
    Zombies should be clearer

It's just to messy, less is more

keep trying

[centre]

[/CENTER]

(formerly) isSUR, Sur.

Donator Since: 3-14-2014 (Thanks to Jov)
    CrossFire Editor Since: 6-1-2014

Raow25
    Wazzupboy
    MasterlOGl
    Wassabi?
    Do4Love
    Wassabi?
    Wassabi?
    Wassabi?
    -Correct
    CynicalBeast
    CynicalBeast
    Wazzupboy
    7Antix
    MasterlOGl
    TheMizer
    34rab
    Wazzupboy
    Triggergod
    Zackman49
    Himli
    Blondu21
    kennyltam
    shimngqi98 (or however you spell it)
    Poxer
    Uber_Tuna
    SoarHawk (Over 200$ dealt with)
    Umbreon (Maxedout)
    LikeH8
    Shoracko
    Hadh
    Steam
    160 Steam Trades
    23 Steam Vouches

Scammed
    None

Ask me for confirmation BEFORE dealing, my only alt is SURV2

ヽಠ_ಠᕤ Headrockin' ᕦಠ_ಠ╯
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Tip 1: When the final image is worse than the original,you're doing something wrong.

Tip 2: As it's obvious you've done everything completely wrong,watch tutorials.

Btw:
    Cracks are horrible,they also flat out the image.
    Red effects are terrible,don't look like blood at all.
    From the image i could hardly notice those were zombies,they look more like asleep nazis.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    You misspelled "messiah".

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    4/10 looks kinda blurry.
    Donator Since: 03-13-2014
    (Credits to @Jov)

Vouches.[36]

[+3]NotaGMghost- He went first.
    [+2]paparas1398- He went first 2x!
    [+2]ahmedTC- He went first!
    [+3]Silke Vanden Abeele- She went half first.
    [+3]Poxer- I went first 3 times.
    [+1]raow25- I went first.
    [+1]Andyl- I went first. Very trusted!
    [+2]Devil™- I went first,legit!(Maxedout as OMM).
    [+1]Tonylx4- Used OMM.
    [+1]Maxedout- I went first.(Great deal and Great guy.)!
    [+1]Abber- He went first.
    [+2]himekami- Used Maxedout.
    [+1]Heat.- I went first w/o OMM.
    [+2]bannanaman- He went first.(Over 220$ deal)
    [+1]igocham- Used Maxedout.
    [+2]Jeremychubby-Used Busted!
    [+1]jaber006- Went first.
    [+1]silverarc- Went first with a steam key.
    [+1]hidudeshi - Bought a steam key.
    [+1]karlamwood- Refunded the payment 4 times and made a report no reason.
    [+1]Raple's Sheep- !Busted.
    [+1]lol1505- He went first.
    [+1]Flux*- He went first.
    [+1]RobyGenius- He went first.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Can't really read the text.
    Although, the image is really small

Super User since 08-29-2017
    Global Moderator from 10-02-2016 - 08-29-2017
    Premium Seller since 11-16-2016
    Moderator from 09-24-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Alliance of Valiant Arms Minion from 11-12-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Market place Minion from 09-24-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Crossfire Minion from 09-11-2015 - 01-09-2016

Middleman from 07-07-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Market Place Minion from 03-03-2014 - 08-01-2014
    Middleman from 01-30-2014 - 08-01-2014
    Moderator from 03-29-2013 - 04-04-2013
    Market Place Minion from 03-07-2013 - 04-04-2013
    Premium Member since 01-25-2013
    Middleman from 12-04-2012 - 04-04-2013
    Registered since 10-9-2011

Thanks
    I already know how you spell messiah, i have had it like this for a reason and just stuck with it. I don't want the image to be "clear" i want the image to have a darker and dingier look if i wanted it to look clear i would have never edited it.
    I agree on the cracks but as stated they were a last minute thing as i tried to get a different effect on the photo but i couldn't get the correct effect i wanted so i had to just resort to the cracks.
    I already said that i had to dull the blood effects as they weren't coming out right without dulling them, i didn't want to dull them i wanted them to pop out and be vibrant but i couldn't get it too as the background of the picture for some reason wasn't really letting colors pop it was making them dull or not even really do. anything.
    The 2,5 and partially 3 not showing right is exactly what i was talking about in that the background was making the colors dull as you see they made the vibrant red almost disappear but the dull red is fine.

And no offense to almost all of you, but all you did was pretty much paraphrase my initial post into your own words.
    I already know the blood looks bad i already know the cracks look bad i already know the faces are too covered.
    I'm not asking what is wrong with the picture i'm asking how to make it look better.
    @PremonitioNz is pretty much the only person who actually commented things that i was asking to be commented.
    IE, he said use opaque and the cracks are too low rez. Those are things i want to know
    How can i make the picture pop more, how can i make the blood pop more how can i make the text pop more(which he said use opaque)
    I wanted it to have more of an affect like this https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2619/5...1a97a562_o.jpg
    Except i wanted more lines going up and down the page and i didn't want them to all be from top to bottom just maybe top to the middle and a bit thin
    How can i make the picture look like that, like i made the picture looked cracked.

These are the things i want to know

Thanks
    We're here to tell you what's wrong with your image.

Not how to fix it. Learn to do something on your own, and not get carried through everything in life. Also, if you don't like the critique people give, don't post a reply back acting like everything that makes your so called art look like dogshit was intentionally done.

And from the first couple of lines in your post, it seems that you know what you want to achieve in your image. No need to ask us for help. Look up a tutorial, and practice the techniques used to make such affect. Don't come here asking for critique, and expect a full-blown tutorial on how to make it look better. Because that's not what we're here for.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by rippantera View Post

And no offense to almost all of you, but all you did was pretty much paraphrase my initial post into your own words.
    I already know the blood looks bad i already know the cracks look bad i already know the faces are too covered.
    I'm not asking what is wrong with the picture i'm asking how to make it look better.
    @PremonitioNz is pretty much the only person who actually commented things that i was asking to be commented.
    IE, he said use opaque and the cracks are too low rez. Those are things i want to know
    How can i make the picture pop more, how can i make the blood pop more how can i make the text pop more(which he said use opaque)
    I wanted it to have more of an affect like this https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2619/5...1a97a562_o.jpg
    Except i wanted more lines going up and down the page and i didn't want them to all be from top to bottom just maybe top to the middle and a bit thin
    How can i make the picture look like that, like i made the picture looked cracked.

These are the things i want to know
    Quote Originally Posted by Deflorate. View Post

Not how to fix it. Learn to do something on your own, and not get carried through everything in life. Also, if you don't like the critique people give, don't post a reply back acting like everything that makes your so called art look like dogshit was intentionally done.

And from the first couple of lines in your post, it seems that you know what you want to achieve in your image. No need to ask us for help. Look up a tutorial, and practice the techniques used to make such affect. Don't come here asking for critique, and expect a full-blown tutorial on how to make it look better. Because that's not what we're here for.
    Although I do agree with @
    Deflorate. to an extent that learning to do things on your own is good, I think we have a duty to point you in the right direction.
    @rippantera You want to make it 'pop' out, well that's going to be a bit of a problem with blood. The reason the lines in the image you linked 'pop' out is merely because of their value/colour - and this you need to learn if you want to dab into graphic design/art. Values are extremely important in the composition of an image.
    Increasing contrast/opacity are basic ways to change the values and overall composition of your piece.
    Last edited by Invidus; 02-18-2014 at 04:09 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Invidus For This Useful Post:

rippantera (02-18-2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Deflorate. View Post

I didn't ask for a full blown tutorial, neither did i ask for what was wrong with my picture. I already stated what was wrong with my picture and how to fix the problems i'm having. I stated i couldn't make things pop as they would just blend into the background instead of appearing over the background that's why almost every problem people have found with the picture has occurred. Blood too dull? Cause bright colors didn't show in the background as well. Cracks are shit? Because the overlay i tried to use just blended in. Cant see their faces? Cause i had to burn tool it a lot to get it to even look any darker cause of the background. I needed a way to stop all that from happening and because he can actually read he told me to use opaque to make the colors pop more. I'm looking for answers like that not a full blown out photoshop tutorial. I know what i want in the picture i've done tons of photoshops from images of bs to images of people. I've almost never had a problem like i had with this picture so i was asking how to solve the problems i faced in this picture. It's not that hard to gather that from what i typed in the OP.

ヽಠ_ಠᕤ Headrockin' ᕦಠ_ಠ╯
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    I didn't ask for a full blown tutorial, neither did i ask for what was wrong with my picture. I already stated what was wrong with my picture and how to fix the problems i'm having. I stated i couldn't make things pop as they would just blend into the background instead of appearing over the background that's why almost every problem people have found with the picture has occurred. Blood too dull? Cause bright colors didn't show in the background as well. Cracks are shit? Because the overlay i tried to use just blended in. Cant see their faces? Cause i had to burn tool it a lot to get it to even look any darker cause of the background. I needed a way to stop all that from happening and because he can actually read he told me to use opaque to make the colors pop more. I'm looking for answers like that not a full blown out photoshop tutorial. I know what i want in the picture i've done tons of photoshops from images of bs to images of people. I've almost never had a problem like i had with this picture so i was asking how to solve the problems i faced in this picture. It's not that hard to gather that from what i typed in the OP.
    Rofl,so you perfectly know what's wrong and you ask for CnC,then annoy us because we try to help you?

You didn't have to use the burn tool that much,neither you had to do a "last second" decision as there was no time limit.

Imo,you don't want to improve. You view your work as wonderful and the "only time" that it didn't come out well you knew already why,yet wanted others to say what? "No man don't worry it's cool"?

Maybe i'm just getting it wrong,but from what i understood you're a damn kid that needs to take out his balls.
    So,now that you are aware that image is complete dump,worse in every aspect from the original,trash it and learn from tutorials all over the web.
    If you don't have the common sense to say "Omg this image is terrible,better let nobody know i made this" to yourself,then we can't help you.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IV2B View Post
    Rofl,so you perfectly know what's wrong and you ask for CnC,then annoy us because we try to help you?

You didn't have to use the burn tool that much,neither you had to do a "last second" decision as there was no time limit.

Imo,you don't want to improve. You view your work as wonderful and the "only time" that it didn't come out well you knew already why,yet wanted others to say what? "No man don't worry it's cool"?

Maybe i'm just getting it wrong,but from what i understood you're a damn kid that needs to take out his balls.
    So,now that you are aware that image is complete dump,worse in every aspect from the original,trash it and learn from tutorials all over the web.
    If you don't have the common sense to say "Omg this image is terrible,better let nobody know i made this" to yourself,then we can't help you.
    You're an idiot if you're gonna try and act like you're smart then please for the love of god at least READ the fucking op you degenerate.

"If you have any tips on things to make things like the blood pop out more and make the picture in general blend but pop more feel free to leave a comment, however don't be rude nor vulgar. I'm here for tips not an argument.

Thanks"

Did i say comment what is wrong with my picture or did i say comment how to make the blood pop out more or did i say to comment that the blood doesn't look how it should? You fucking idiot.
    My problem is nobody besides premonitionz actually read the OP before commenting everything but what i asked to be commented in the OP!!
    What the fuck is the point of me asking how to make the blood pop more when everyone is just going to tell me the blood doesn't pop out?
    I already said this 2 times I KNOW WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE PICTURE, I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO FIX THE PROBLEMS I WAS HAVING.
    It's frustrating as hell when the only thing almost everyone has said was EXACTLY what i ALREADY SAID was wrong with the picture.
    It's like nobody even read it they just looked at the picture and commented bull$#it

Your last paragraph doesn't even make any sense, do you have a 3rd grade education or something?

ヽಠ_ಠᕤ Headrockin' ᕦಠ_ಠ╯
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    You're an idiot if you're gonna try and act like you're smart then please for the love of god at least READ the fucking op you degenerate.

"If you have any tips on things to make things like the blood pop out more and make the picture in general blend but pop more feel free to leave a comment, however don't be rude nor vulgar. I'm here for tips not an argument.

Thanks"

Did i say comment what is wrong with my picture or did i say comment how to make the blood pop out more or did i say to comment that the blood doesn't look how it should? You fucking idiot.
    My problem is nobody besides premonitionz actually read the OP before commenting everything but what i asked to be commented in the OP!!
    What the fuck is the point of me asking how to make the blood pop more when everyone is just going to tell me the blood doesn't pop out?
    I already said this 2 times I KNOW WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE PICTURE, I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO FIX THE PROBLEMS I WAS HAVING.
    It's frustrating as hell when the only thing almost everyone has said was EXACTLY what i ALREADY SAID was wrong with the picture.
    It's like nobody even read it they just looked at the picture and commented bull$#it

Your last paragraph doesn't even make any sense, do you have a 3rd grade education or something?
    Well,first the thread is named "Constructive criticism wanted" thus either CnC is welcome or that's just a misleading title?
    Second,the questions :"i wanted to make the blood splatter pop out more" and "make the picture in general blend but pop more" can be solved with tutorials too,and may i remember you asked for "how to make images like these better" which means knowing out what is done wrong and fixing it. Aka CnC.
    Third: I edited the last part really quickly and edited the text multiple times,so it misses some words,happens.

In a nutshell: You may want to do a little more other than applying stuff on top of everything?

Anyway,try to use the brush tool and draw some lines coming out of the zombies to make the blood effect? May not look like 100% blood but sure wouldn't be so flat.
    As for blending,the image blends already...
    Pheraps you should try with another image to start with?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to IV2B For This Useful Post:

rippantera (02-18-2014)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast