My Mood
    Inspired
    I'm so sorry @Flengo
    Anything can PM me. I'm from Malaysia.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Boss View Post
    This is what I call Bandwagon, my friends.
    When one person starts laughing, everyone else laughs.
    They are under the influence and think that it is the correct thing to do.
    There were several people who showed sympathy for the kid as you can see on the thread.
    And of course, some who decided to laugh, and didn't realize what they were in for.
    Yes, this is the internet, and we can "supposedly" say whatever we want to say.
    To be fair though, if the person were you, how would you feel?
    Yes, you guys state that you understand the surroundings, but by saying those comments, does it make you the better person?
    You stated it, so we assume you mean't it.
    If you didn't mean it, why bother say it?
    You should always think before you do something.
    If you don't, then you may want to improve that.
    Flengo may have called you guys "ignorant ******s" but not to point you out @Misery, it's also his opinion.

Why can't he state his own opinion as per you stating your own? Yeah, we have a democratic system so everyone's opinion is equally important.
    Although, when you decide to mock or make fun of people, that isn't an opinion. That is what is known as insult or hurtful comment.

Flengo didn't throw anyone on the same "pot" as per stated by @Horror
    He just stated reality. And as confirmed, I think some of you agreed to being ignorant. There really is nothing wrong with that. You are who you are. I myself am ignorant at times. I admit it. I have the right to express my feelings, you have the right to say yours.

At the same time, this is the misconception of the internet. If you feel offended by the term "******" then why do you call other people that too?
    This is what I call "what comes around, goes around". You called someone a ******, now you know how it feels.

In the end, we all are here for fun. We all are here to help each other and learn day by day. There really is no point in everyone ganging at @Flengo.
    He is just taking action for what should be done instead of just sitting there watching things go wrong.
    All you're saying is fine and dandy if you know we're actually affecting the person. IE: Bullying.

Also, as I stated before:
    We all laugh at people and their traditions.

In fact, we make fun of our own traditions more than we do others.

Calling out people for having a laugh at something is really not the right thing to do.

2 wrongs don't make a right.
    In addition to all this, you are misunderstanding the situation here. The kid wasn't drinking piss because he HAD to, he was drinking because of tradition. He didn't feel bad while doing it as it is just something they do.

Also I have no idea why you would call this bandwagon. Just because a number of people are doing the same thing doesn't mean they are followers. As you can see in this thread, you are agreeing with Flengo, .REZ, and all the other guys mentioned. Does that mean you are a bandwagon? No, it just means you agree with them.

Now I'm not defending what we did in making fun of the kid, but I don't see it's right to call us bandwagons, ignorants, and ******s for having some rather harmless fun on the internet.

In fact, I saw Flengo's comments more hurtful than the comments we made on the video.

When we made fun of the video, we were making fun of the boy's actions. However Flengo insulted us personally, how is that any more acceptable than our actions?

You are overreacting big time.
    Last edited by Martin Johnson; 02-28-2014 at 07:33 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ferris Bueller For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Hugo Boss (02-28-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Johnson View Post

All you're saying is fine and dandy if you know we're actually affecting the person. IE: Bullying.

Also, as I stated before:

In addition to all this, you are misunderstanding the situation here. The kid wasn't drinking piss because he HAD to, he was drinking because of tradition. He didn't feel bad while doing it as it is just something they do.

Also I have no idea why you would call this bandwagon. Just because a number of people are doing the same thing doesn't mean they are followers. As you can see in this thread, you are agreeing with Flengo, .REZ, and all the other guys mentioned. Does that mean you are a bandwagon? No, it just means you agree with them.

Now I'm not defending what we did in making fun of the kid, but I don't see it's right to call us bandwagons, ignorants, and ******s for having some rather harmless fun on the internet.

In fact, I saw Flengo's comments more hurtful than the comments we made on the video.

When we made fun of the video, we were making fun of the boy's actions. However Flengo insulted us personally, how is that any more acceptable than our actions?

You are overreacting big time.
    It's a possibility. Some people do it because they think they are cool.
    No one said anything about you being a part of the bandwagon.
    It was just a general statement.
    Here's the thing though. At your defenses, you guys said the internet can't hurt you.
    Then why do you feel offended with the words "ignorant", "******", and bandwagon"?
    In particular, bandwagon isn't even an insulting word.
    Bandwagon, stated by you is everyone following what the person does.
    Don't think you can call someone "Bandwagon", it's more or less what people are doing as what has been perceived.
    Saying that Flengo's comments were more hurtful than the comments made on the video is your opinion.
    To most of you out here who don't care, "******" and "ignorant" means nothing at all for you guys state it all the time.
    Why does it all of a sudden mean so much to you guys then
    Making fun of the boys actions, isn't that still bullying as per what you stated?
    Did Flengo really insult you personally? Were there any direct names listed or was it just a general statement for whomever posted on the thread?
    Didn't really bring up the point about tradition or drinking it because he needed to in this thread because it was just a misunderstanding according to you. Not really related to my point here though.
    Anyhow, to be fair, everyone was equally wrong for the negative comments.
    Let's just change it from this point and begin with a more welcoming community, rather than hatred.

Super User since 08-29-2017
    Global Moderator from 10-02-2016 - 08-29-2017
    Premium Seller since 11-16-2016
    Moderator from 09-24-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Alliance of Valiant Arms Minion from 11-12-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Market place Minion from 09-24-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Crossfire Minion from 09-11-2015 - 01-09-2016

Middleman from 07-07-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Market Place Minion from 03-03-2014 - 08-01-2014
    Middleman from 01-30-2014 - 08-01-2014
    Moderator from 03-29-2013 - 04-04-2013
    Market Place Minion from 03-07-2013 - 04-04-2013
    Premium Member since 01-25-2013
    Middleman from 12-04-2012 - 04-04-2013
    Registered since 10-9-2011

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Not sure how to give my two cents
    So just gonna ask why I didn't get put in the except section but instead in the exempt section
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    I didn't bother clicking on the thread when I saw the title because I knew it's going to be something not to be laughed at.

MPGH member since 11 February 2012
    Ex - Contributor
    Ex - CF minion

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12