Thread: Packet Sniffing

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesRo View Post
    @Oliboli8769 So, what do you think? I've known WPE Pro for a long time (even used it) and all the discussions on the net suggest these virus warnings are all false positives. So...?
    I'm in the same position. I used to use it quite a bit too, but I did find that some people were saying that the file was harmful on the net also.
    I'm going to say that as long as the file was taken directly from the official website then it's safe to approve, fair enough?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Oliboli8769 For This Useful Post:

Bortsprungen (05-26-2018)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliboli8769 View Post
    I'm in the same position. I used to use it quite a bit too, but I did find that some people were saying that the file was harmful on the net also.
    I'm going to say that as long as the file was taken directly from the official website then it's safe to approve, fair enough?
    If I may offer my input.... Even though I am not a minion due to posts xD I would suggest to approve it. WPE i have used and I have never had a problem with it as long as it was downloaded directly. I think due to its nature just like hellquest it has a bunch of false positives.
    Want an Adventure Quest, DragonFable, or Mechquest trainer. If you answered yes to any of these then click here.

PkDude's Legacy V1.2

If you need help with AQW Private server creation then click Here.

If I have helped please press thanks. It doesn't take much effort and it means a lot to me.

Thanks
    File approved.
    Please be wary + use at your own risk. If you come across any real issues - report them back to me or James.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Oliboli8769 For This Useful Post:

Darakath (03-03-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by AqworldThunder View Post
    A packet sniffer captures all of the packets of data that pass through a given network. It's very easy to sniff out packets and use them, and they've been in use since the very first trainers for AQWorlds. From loading shops to loading pets, each has a string of data that you can use over and over again.

The first thing you'll need to do is download a packet sniffing program. WPE Pro is the one I prefer to use and I included in the attachments below.

The next thing that you'll need to do is login to AQWorlds and attach WPE Pro to the window you have open. I used the latest version of Le Bot in the tutorial but it works fine in web browsers.

Now you'll click the play button in WPE Pro, that means it's sniffing for packets. You need to do something in AQWorlds for it to find packets. I opened the shop in Yulgar for example.

Click the red stop button on WPE Pro and check to see what packets you've sniffed out.

The very first packet that says loadShop is the packet for the shop in Yulgar. I can now send that packet in a trainer and open that shop anywhere in the game.

@Oliboli8769
    @JamesRo

Or you can use a PACKET LOGGER

Thanks
    You can take my word that there is NO virus in there, unless I never noticed it in these last 3 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToxLP View Post
    Or you can use a PACKET LOGGER
    Whats the difference?
    Last edited by awesomeer; 03-03-2014 at 01:05 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesRo View Post
    @Oliboli8769 So, what do you think? I've known WPE Pro for a long time (even used it) and all the discussions on the net suggest these virus warnings are all false positives. So...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliboli8769 View Post
    Teamwork at its finest. XD
    [] [] [] [][]

Editor from 06•14•2011 • 2014
    Donator since 09•16•2011
    Minion from 10•10•2011 • 01•06•2011
    Minion+ from 01•06•2012 • 08•08•2012
    Moderator from 08•08•2012 • 10•06•2012
    Global Moderator from 10•06•2012 • 12•05•2017
    Staff Administrator from 12•05•2017 • 05•01•2019
    Trusted Member since 07•13•2019
    Global Moderator since 09•11•2020

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hero For This Useful Post:

Daenerys (03-03-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Hello, actually i have question about wpe,
    i try gold hack in some MMO lately, i do snifting, record all data traffic, sort em, and whenever i hit send data filtered, the game got dc itself, is it some gameguard on server side?
    meanwhile i looking for another possibilities, and find a discussion about decrypting security on server console, so whatever i send back to server,server will analyze it with some logic (like char action before edited packet was send back) but i thought this one is more possible to prevent any sabotage on packet traffic

unless, i do sending a new packet without filtering, just some random hex (00 00 00 00 00 00 01) and i did it (well not really) the game did NOT dc, but in wpe report, the data i send was error..

then i realized something, maybe i should find exact address before editing and send it back,
    but my main problem is, i kinda unfamiliar with math and hexadecimal things :|
    can u help me to analyzed the adress?
    next time i'll attach the image

sorry for my english

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Allerrio View Post
    Hello, actually i have question about wpe,
    i try gold hack in some MMO lately, i do snifting, record all data traffic, sort em, and whenever i hit send data filtered, the game got dc itself, is it some gameguard on server side?
    meanwhile i looking for another possibilities, and find a discussion about decrypting security on server console, so whatever i send back to server,server will analyze it with some logic (like char action before edited packet was send back) but i thought this one is more possible to prevent any sabotage on packet traffic

unless, i do sending a new packet without filtering, just some random hex (00 00 00 00 00 00 01) and i did it (well not really) the game did NOT dc, but in wpe report, the data i send was error..

then i realized something, maybe i should find exact address before editing and send it back,
    but my main problem is, i kinda unfamiliar with math and hexadecimal things :|
    can u help me to analyzed the adress?
    next time i'll attach the image

sorry for my english
    Well first if you sent a packet that should have worked but it did not that means they do indeed have security for these kinds of things. Any self respecting MMO will eliminate the ability to do such things sooner or later. Really if the gold is a variable on the DB and you can not change it with packets then do not even try man. I mean hell going in and trying to breach their security is hardcore just for some gold Your time would be better wasted trying to find a bot or some way to bot the game or something besides packets to actually increase your gold in the game. Though I do not know why this was posted in the AQW section as this is apparently not related to AQW. While I do feel for you, you should probably try to find the right section about the game as someone else might have more knowledge about the game and can share it with you but for now since we do not even know what the game is we can not begin to answer your questions with certainty.
    Want an Adventure Quest, DragonFable, or Mechquest trainer. If you answered yes to any of these then click here.

PkDude's Legacy V1.2

If I have helped please press thanks. It doesn't take much effort and it means a lot to me.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Quote Originally Posted by chibizs View Post
    Well first if you sent a packet that should have worked but it did not that means they do indeed have security for these kinds of things. Any self respecting MMO will eliminate the ability to do such things sooner or later. Really if the gold is a variable on the DB and you can not change it with packets then do not even try man. I mean hell going in and trying to breach their security is hardcore just for some gold Your time would be better wasted trying to find a bot or some way to bot the game or something besides packets to actually increase your gold in the game. Though I do not know why this was posted in the AQW section as this is apparently not related to AQW. While I do feel for you, you should probably try to find the right section about the game as someone else might have more knowledge about the game and can share it with you but for now since we do not even know what the game is we can not begin to answer your questions with certainty.

Hello, sorry for my late reply,
    i still can't find any single clue to find exact adress of gold, i watch various tutorial on youtube how to make filter, but, to get gold address really make me busted everytime i try to hack it,
    and i think, i can't find a right section about game itself in here, since that game is wasn't popular like WoW or other MMo,
    but if u can really help me, i gladly tell u, but i think is more wise if i tell u in PM instead yell here (for some unknow reason).
    thank you for reply

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Oh, the game's name is called Tlbb 2 on viet/asian server, and Dragon Oath in us server..
    sorry

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Allerrio View Post
    Oh, the game's name is called Tlbb 2 on viet/asian server, and Dragon Oath in us server..
    sorry
    They have probably patched it. I can no find anything recently about the game and the tutorials you watched were probably old. Anyhow post anything else here.
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=247

PkDude's Legacy V1.2

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    well it didn't help, but thanks anyway,,, really thank you

Thanks
    @OB Do you know if there's a mac version of WPE Pro or Packet Logger where i can find these packets?

Thanks
    @Remetra
    Hmm I'm not entirely sure. Whenever I needed to use a packet sniffer (quite rarely) I just used a windows emulator to run WPE Pro.
    However, there definitely are options, just from a quick Google it looks like Wireshark and PacketPepper would be worth trying.
    If worst comes to worst I suggest you do what I do and use wine/parallels/boot camp or whatever you want to run WPE

19. The Following User Says Thank You to JamesRo For This Useful Post:

Oliboli8769 (07-04-2014)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast