Thanks

Give managers the ability to actually manage.

At the moment, we are pretty much like stage two editors and nothing more.

I mean, we still test editors and find new ones to replace others but we don't exactly do any "managing". We're more like babysitters really.

I think managers should actually have the ability to promote others to editors. That way we wouldn't have to wait on Dave to do it after days upon days, especially now when he is barely on.

The managers could be monitored within their first month to make sure they are not randomly promoting people, maybe by the Admins or even elder managers.

I simply think this will make the Manager position a bit more prestigious and make it MUCH easier on Dave.

I'm going to mention the managers I know in this thread so I can hear their opinion on this topic.

@Riddick @Lonesome Cowboy @Darvin93
    (Yeah, there isn't many)

@Dave84311 @Liz
    Last edited by Raple; 03-03-2014 at 07:23 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    I've been Wiki Manager now for nearly a year and have only sacked 3 editors in all that time on the AVA Wiki. Dave sacked Predator for not being active, so that makes 4. I am currently looking for a new editor for the AVA section. Exotiic. needs to lose his tag as he's gone AWOL.

I have just given @ForeverRed and @Vertice jobs on the Game Hacking Wiki by staying within the Editors Section and asked Dave to tag Vertice which has not been done, as I wanted a bit of experience for that Wiki. (Get some work done narbs )

Maybe @Liz can give the editors their tags if @Dave84311 is not about. Could we ask you Liz to tag new editors in the future to save the wait as I know Dave is really busy at the moment with other things. So, could you do that for us please Boss Lady?

As for the "managing". Don't we hold those tags due to the fact that we manage the Wikis and look after the format and design? I don't think we need to be monitored as you can see how good a manager someone is by the content and look of their Wiki/Wikis.

Just to summarize... I am happy with the set up as it is, but would like a bit more support with tags.
    Last edited by Riddick; 03-03-2014 at 07:53 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Riddick For This Useful Post:

6ixth (03-04-2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddick View Post
    I've been Wiki Manager now for nearly a year and have only sacked 3 editors in all that time on the AVA Wiki. Dave sacked Predator for not being active, so that makes 4. I am currently looking for a new editor for the AVA section.

I have just given @ForeverRed and @Vertice jobs on the Game Hacking Wiki by staying within the Editors Section and asked Dave to tag Vertice which has not been done, as I wanted a bit of experience for that Wiki. (Get some work done narbs ) Exotiic. needs to lose his tag as he's gone AWOL.

Maybe @Liz can give the editors their tags if @Dave84311 is not about. Could we ask you Liz to tag new editors in the future to save the wait as I know Dave is really busy at the moment with other things. So, could you do that for us please Boss Lady?

As for the "managing". Don't we hold those tags due to the fact that we manage the Wikis and look after the format and design? I don't think we need to be monitored as you can see how good a manager someone is by the content and look of their Wiki/Wikis.

Just to summarize... I am happy with the set up as it is, but would like a bit more support with tags.
    Obviously not being around as long myself, however I have been here for a little over 6 months and personally I do not have the same feelings as yourself.

I personally have only demoted 4 real editors myself, and have kicked out many trials. I am also looking for editors in my respective section, and even asked Dave to promote Vertice to a RotMG editor last week and didn't manage to get a response out of him.

I'm not completely sure Liz can promote editors/managers, because that has always been Dave's thing as he completely manages the team and the wiki itself, by himself.

I personally believe being a manager not only includes the standard duties of the wiki itself, but assigning and assisting new editors and guide them to their promotion by showing them the ropes and helping them learn what editing is all about.

My summarize is that the current system is alright, but with all the things Dave is busy with it only adds a bigger strain to him.

Thanks for your opinion Riddick. ^.^

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raple For This Useful Post:

Darvin93 (03-03-2014),Riddick (03-03-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    I agree. It would be much better with a bit more support. Took months until I actually got response with the help of Lonesome Cowboy
    Still waiting for two of my editors to get the tags.

Thanks
    There should not be a need to monitor a person with the power to promote others. I do not see the current team structure, but Liz was the staff admin if I am not mistaken so she could take care of these matters like Riddick said.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quite frankly, Jorndel had "managing" powers on the actual wiki, like deleting stuff
    Back when he was the manager of CoD.
    I think that's about as far as you can go when you're asking for actual powers

Minion+ : February 2014 - January 2015
    Counter Strike: Global Offensive Minion : November 2014 - January 2015
    Alliance of Valiant Arms Minion : August 2014 - January 2015
    Need For Speed World Minion : January 2014 - January 2015
    Rust Minion : January 2014 - January 2015
    Call of Duty Minion : January 2013 - January 2015
    Editor : December 2012 - April 2013
    Donator : March 2014 - Current
    Member : October 2010 - Current

Previously known as "Isaakske".

179° 56′ 39.4″, +0° 2′ 46.2″, 7,940 ± 420 parsecs
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Can, but won't unless Dave gives his /. The Wikis (The actual wikis not MPGH stuff) is directly under him. I can add people to the user group on MPGH, but if anything additional needs to be done within the Wikis themselves, that is entirely on Dave. There also obviously has to be some confirmation from him, as just about anyone can claim they've gotten editor or w.e. So best possible method, is to wait for him to handle it, or get his posted approval, and either I or Arun can move you into the user group. I'll link him to this thread as well.

If anyone claims to be me via any other source outside of MPGH private or visitor messages, IT'S NOT ME!
    They are trying to trick or scam you. Report them immediately and PM me here for verification.
    "Don’t confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are." — Frank Ocean
    Moderator: 5/2009-10/2009 | GMod: 10/2009-10/2010 | Staff Administrator: 10/2010-Present
    I
    do not do requests via PM. Post in the appropriate section.

Stupid/Pointless Private messages = SPAM, SPAM = BAN.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Liz For This Useful Post:

Riddick (03-05-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Ugh, I've been having things going on a while now. The first problem were having is having MPGH and WIKIN on the same server. It's slow as fuck. Second is, yes giving managers actual power, same with editors. Once I get this situated, you guys can have actual power to go and delete stuff, promote users, etc. That would also require me to write a custom backend for it all... and well my time as of now is really lacking.

Send me an email if you need anything specific. I hardly check my PMs any more.

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave84311 For This Useful Post:

Raple (03-09-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    Ugh, I've been having things going on a while now. The first problem were having is having MPGH and WIKIN on the same server. It's slow as fuck. Second is, yes giving managers actual power, same with editors. Once I get this situated, you guys can have actual power to go and delete stuff, promote users, etc. That would also require me to write a custom backend for it all... and well my time as of now is really lacking.

Send me an email if you need anything specific. I hardly check my PMs any more.
    Dave, I sent you an email about @Vertice and his editor tag, and you didn't reply. Do it and tag him. And take it away form Exotiic.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddick View Post

Dave, I sent you an email about @Vertice and his editor tag, and you didn't reply. Do it and tag him. And take it away form Exotiic.
    Fuck, I keep forgetting to get around to the wiki, I'll try and do something soon.
    Need a friend? Private Message
    Need a Middleman? Add me on Skype: HERE or Copy & Search >> 'aussie_sniperx'
    ---------------

Ex-sections:
    DayZ
    OFPS
    OMMORPG
    M.A.T
    OSPFPS
    Battleon

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jim For This Useful Post:

Riddick (03-11-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood