17 62.96%
  • No

10 37.04%

Thread: Ghosts

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    The only superstitions i believe in are spirits. Our ancestors, who were very smart people might I add, feared the unknown and I believe they did so to good reason.

Also it's important to recognize that just because something isn't explainable by science or violates some scientific laws does not mean it is non-existent.

Really believing in ghosts is a matter of personal preferences. Personally, I've had several superstitious encounters when I was young which I look back to now and realize that they weren't related to ghosts and such. However, some other encounters I have no explanations for. Also I have seen real practitioners of magic. Not the card trick magicians, real magicians. For example, a friend of mine's mother's friend went to a magician to ask the magician to make a couple divorce. All the lady told the magician was their names. For a small fee and a few disturbing rituals, the couples were divorced 2 weeks later. Coincidence? Possibly.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Yea I guess, I'm not really sure though

Thanks
    Ghosts are real, my mom is buddhist she say they exist

THE EYES OF THE DAVESTAPO ARE UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO WE ARE GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE WE GONNA BE

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jov For This Useful Post:

kaysnd7 (03-18-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Drunk
    If you guys say ghost don't exist
    How come there are ghost actors in movies 0_o
    example: GhostBusters
    I will always +Rep back on positive reputations (not neutral)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by captaincool2022 View Post
    If you guys say ghost don't exist
    How come there are ghost actors in movies 0_o
    example: GhostBusters
    Troll elsewhere.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Possible, not what people usually think of.

Might as well be aliens though.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Possible, not what people usually think of.

Might as well be aliens though.
    Here's the thing though, aliens are mostly conspiracy theories and such.

Ghosts, the kind they conjure in taboo rituals, the ones conjured in old magic.

I like to reference them as Jinn as mentioned in the Quran simply because it's what I grew up being taught.

Now if there's one superstition i'm 100% about it's Jinn(ghosts). Why? Because I saw and experienced things myself.

I've had several experiences with magicians(real magicians) conjuring jinn and making money appear out of thin air. Now basically most magicians can do that and so I wasn't very impressed.

Several of my friends, my cousin, and I went to a taboo magician out of curiosity. The place was in the middle of no where and there was no electricity in the place. It smelled of ashes and dead carcasses. We go in and we're just a bunch of teenagers looking for fun. My friend says,"listen i'm going to be straight with you, i don't believe in none of your crap and i believe as long as you have the quran you're safe." So, when the taboo magician saw this he conjured a jinn and ordered it to hold my friend. Out of no where my friend was literally being grabbed and pulled. Nothing and no one was near him. He was just getting pulled. He was pulled on the floor across the room and under a sofa. We try to pull him from under a bed, now mind you this is 4 very strong athletes trying to pull a little skinny 5'8 guy off the floor. We couldn't. All 4 of us wouldn't even move us. His face turned red and he continued to scream hysterically. Now other things happened that night and i'm getting goosebumps just writing about this, but yeah. I believe.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
    Here's the thing though, aliens are mostly conspiracy theories and such.
    Ghosts, the kind they conjure in taboo rituals, the ones conjured in old magic.
    IF aliens exist, visited this planet, and made contact with our ancestors, then the aliens would be viewed as gods and their technology as magic to our ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    Quote Originally Posted by 666HiddenMaster666 View Post

IF aliens exist, visited this planet, and made contact with our ancestors, then the aliens would be viewed as gods and their technology as magic to our ancestors
    Yeah but the chance of this happening is highly unlikely. It's all speculations with no real evidence. No solid proof.

On the other hand, there's plenty of first hand experiences with ghosts/demons/spirits to go around.

Although there is an argument to be made that there is also plenty of first hand experience with aliens(abductions, farm circle thingies{which have been explained by science I believe}, etc...) but that's a completely different topic.

Now I'm not disagreeing with the fact that they would be viewed as gods and what not but gods aren't ghosts.

They share some traits such as being invisible and everlasting but really beyond these traits they are completely different things.

Needless to say I believe in the latter more than the former.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Yeah but the chance of this happening is highly unlikely. It's all speculations with no real evidence. No solid proof.
    On the other hand, there's plenty of first hand experiences with ghosts/demons/spirits to go around.
    Although there is an argument to be made that there is also plenty of first hand experience with aliens(abductions, farm circle thingies{which have been explained by science I believe}, etc...) but that's a completely different topic.
    Now I'm not disagreeing with the fact that they would be viewed as gods and what not but gods aren't ghosts.
    They share some traits such as being invisible and everlasting but really beyond these traits they are completely different things.
    Needless to say I believe in the latter more than the former.
    There's a higher probability for aliens to exist than ghosts.
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot

There's a higher probability for aliens to exist than ghosts.
    Indeed, but there's a higher probability of ghosts existing on our planet than there is a chance of aliens being among us.

Thanks
    There is a way higher probability that aliens exist among different galaxies. With how big space is, of course advanced/unadvanced species live elsewhere.

However, ghost probably do exist. I've never encountered any spiritual things myself but my dad grew up in Vietnam as a poor farmer and he's told me some of his tales as well. He's described something that sounds like it was straight out of The Grudge to me, but keep in mind he has no reason to lie to me and my dad is a really truthful person so I'd take his word on it. I'm pretty sure uneasy spirits can come back to haunt others, so my guess would be that ghosts are real.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Indeed, but there's a higher probability of ghosts existing on our planet than there is a chance of aliens being among us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiritsugu View Post
    There is a way higher probability that aliens exist among different galaxies. With how big space is, of course advanced/unadvanced species live elsewhere.
    However, ghost probably do exist. I've never encountered any spiritual things myself but my dad grew up in Vietnam as a poor farmer and he's told me some of his tales as well. He's described something that sounds like it was straight out of The Grudge to me, but keep in mind he has no reason to lie to me and my dad is a really truthful person so I'd take his word on it. I'm pretty sure uneasy spirits can come back to haunt others, so my guess would be that ghosts are real.
    Scientific proofs/arguments please.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot

Scientific proofs/arguments please.
    We need to embrace the fact that science can not and will not explain everything.

We simply do not have answers for everything.

And so dismissing an idea simply because we have no explanation for it through science is unequivocally wrong. Look into all the issues that science can not explain and that defy scientific laws. Does that justify us calling them impossible? To call them heresy like The Church did on things that defied their rules?

Science isn't about denying unexplainable ideas, it's about finding an explanation that satisfies. Maybe we won't find an explanation for ghosts now or maybe ever but that doesn't prove them impossible.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    We need to embrace the fact that science can not and will not explain everything.
    We simply do not have answers for everything.
    And so dismissing an idea simply because we have no explanation for it through science is unequivocally wrong. Look into all the issues that science can not explain and that defy scientific laws. Does that justify us calling them impossible? To call them heresy like The Church did on things that defied their rules?
    Science isn't about denying unexplainable ideas, it's about finding an explanation that satisfies. Maybe we won't find an explanation for ghosts now or maybe ever but that doesn't prove them impossible.
    Blindly accepting something simply because science can't explain it now will hinder scientific progress. Science has explained everything we know, explains what we are learning now, and will explain what we don't know. Science doesn't have an answer now, but science will keep searching until that answer is found. As you said, "dismissing an idea simply because we have no explanation for it through science is unequivocally wrong." However, dismissing an idea because there has been no evidence or having strong evidence against the idea is not wrong. There are two big things that science has evidence for, but can't explain: our existence and our consciousness. The existence of ghosts on the other hand, has neither scientific evidence nor explanations for it.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to 666HiddenMaster666 For This Useful Post:

Aborted (04-01-2014)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast