Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy

MPGH News (3/16/14)

47th Edition
    3/16/14

Aborted left the news team.
    Due to Aborted's busy schedule, he is no longer able to continue being a writer for the MPGH news team. We all wish him the best, and hopefully @Aborted will come back in a week or two realizing how cool and awesome I am.

User News

Postbans

Congratulations to @Nazmark for achieving 2,000 posts!

Birthdays

Happy Birthday to @Implify!
    Happy Birthday to @Dave'Slave!

Promotions

@Riddick is now a middleman!

Who's Going?

@Bernard. is no longer a minion.

Interview - Riddick

[MPGH]Raple: Hello Riddick, how are you?

[MPGH]Riddick: Very well thank you, how are you?

[MPGH]Raple: I'm great, thanks for asking. You seem busy with the Game Hacking Wiki, how goes the progress?

[MPGH]Riddick: It is going well thanks, and myself, Foreverred and Vertice will be making some considerable changes in the near future. This will be to make the Wiki accessable and understandable for all levels of those wanting to hack games.

[MPGH]Raple: That sounds amazing, I cannot wait for it to be finished. What made you want to join MPGH?

[MPGH]Riddick: I started playing Alliance of Valiant Arms after a friend of mine in the UK told me about it. I was rubbish to start as only ever played racing games on my pc and PS3, so tried to find some hacks. I came across MPGH, and the rest is history lol.

[MPGH]Raple: I have never played AVA myself, but it sounds like an interesting game. Besides your manager and minion responsibilities, what do you do in your free time?

[MPGH]Riddick: Free time, err, well, I do a bit of cycling on my mountain bike (Trek6300), but I do spend a lot of time with website and SEO work, so tend to be at my PC most the of the day in the week. We have the canals near my apartment, so we tend to go out there at the weekends and cycle down to the river. Other than that, a few beers in the local pub now and again.

[MPGH]Raple: I use to love cycling before I became lazy, haha. Have you ever raced in a cycling competition?

[MPGH]Riddick: No, it's just for fun. I would have liked to try a few years ago, but my knees and ankles are not good from the Rugby now, as i used to play. Seems too much like hard work anyway!

[MPGH]Raple: Have you ever played Rugby on a team or professionally? If not, have you ever played any other sport or physical activity?

[MPGH]Riddick: I used to play Rugby Union, and played for my County when I was younger from 17-19 yrs old, but have never played professional. Other sports, basketball, cricket, F1 go karts, and Krav Maga for a few years.

[MPGH]Raple: Before we end this interview, is there anyone you would like to give a shoutout to?

[MPGH]Riddick: Yes, there are some good guys and girls in the community, So here's a big shout out to... Liz, Flengo, BACKDOOR, Predator, Ameer, Vertice, ForeverRed, Jabberwo0ck, zZzeta/S & ccman32, Reav3r, Symmetrical, and of course my man Hugo Boss. Not forgetting my son nagtmonster. And Raple.....?

[MPGH]Riddick: "You're not afraid of the dark are you"

[MPGH]Raple: Awesome, thanks for the fantastic interview. You have a great day.

[MPGH]Riddick: Thanks, and you.

The Witcher 3 Delayed Until 2015

Earlier on in the week, CD Projekt released an open letter to its fans announcing that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, previously set to launch later on in the year, would be delayed until February of 2015, much to the agony of millions of RPG fans worldwide. Their reasoning behind such a decision was that due to the sheer size and complexity and GIRTH of the game, they are a little behind schedule and everyone knows a delayed but perfect game is never forgotten but a bad game on time is never forgiven. Just to give everyone an idea of the GIRTH of Wild Hunt, it will be a full open-world environment roughly 50 times that of The Witcher 2, not to mention it being a lot larger than Skyrim. Imagine a world bigger than Skyrim's filled with beautifully detailed and busty prostitutes. Mmmmm.

Also for anyone still eagerly awaiting CD Projekt's upcoming Cyperpunk 2077; its development schedule has not been affected by The Witcher 3. Wooo. Click the spoiler below to read the letter in full.

Ever since we started working on the third installment in The Witcher franchise, it has been our aim to produce a title that would take our 11 years of experience in creating RPGS and distill them into a quintessence, into a game that would effectively crown those years. At the same time, we have wanted The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt to expand creative boundaries, set new benchmarks, develop the genre as a whole. Ultimately, you, the players, must get an unforgettable adventure to experience in a vast, open world – and that’s most important. We’ve created a story that flows naturally, cinematically, rendered it in amazing sound and visuals, while preserving full freedom of choice – all for you. We knew this to be an ambitious plan, but believed we could achieve it by bringing together our team with its creative energies and current gaming platforms with their technical capabilities. A project this vast and complex would inevitably require special care in its final stages, manual fine-tuning of many details, thorough testing time and again.We recently reexamined what we had achieved thus far, and faced a choice about the game’s final release date. The decision we made was difficult, thoroughly considered, and ultimately clear and obvious. We could have released the game towards the end of this year as we had initially planned. Yet we concluded that a few additional months will let us achieve the quality that will satisfy us, the quality gamers expect from us. Consequently, we have set the release of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for February 2015.
    Dear gamers - we know many of you would have liked to play The Witcher 3 sooner, as soon as possible, even. We’re sorry to make you wait longer than you, or we, initially assumed you would. At the same time, we believe the game will prove to be worth the wait and meet the expectations you have of us. We believe The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be an exceptional RPG, one of the best, providing many hours of wonderful entertainment.
    Dear shareholders – we are aware of the responsibility that rests with us and thank you for the trust you have granted us thus far. We firmly believe that quality – more than any other factor – determines a game’s success, and that the decision we have made is thus equally valid in business terms.
    The Board of CD PROJEKT S.A.

Watch Dogs to Have 8-Player Open World Multiplayer

Just when the hype train was starting to lose some steam, Ubisoft's Creative Director comes out publicly and confirms an 8 player free roam mode. Well not so much coming out publicly, more of just replying to an offshoot tweet. I'm not quite sure as to how it will work with the game being so "hack-centric", but I sure hope it isn't some cheesy perks and pickup system like CoD or GTA.

Click the spoiler below to read the Director's full announcement.

Yes

New Game Announced, Focusing on Civilians of War

A new IP being developed by 11bit Studios (famous for Anomaly), with innocent civilians during War time being the central focus. The new game will be called This War of Mine, where you control a small group of civilians and must do everything you can to survive each and every day during wartime. There hasn't been any gameplay footage or even screenshots but the basic premise is as follows: “During the day snipers outside stop you from leaving your refuge, offering precious time to craft, trade, upgrade your shelter, feed and cure your survivors. At night you can scavenge nearby areas in search for food, medicines, weapons and other useful items." The concept is definitely intriguing and having it based on the accounts of real survivors could help to bolster the emotional aspects of war. That, or it could just end being DayZ without zombies, yawn.

Check below for the teaser.

League of Legends Causes Suicide

That's right, you heard it. The number one cause of Autism, League of Legends, has been directly linked to suicidal tendencies in young males. Cheon Min-Ki (aka AHQ K Promise, AD Pimir, patience, comotose, xXYOLOSUICIDEXx, #12storydrop) is in a comatose state after jumping of a balcony. Prior to the attempt, he had released information pertaining to a match-rigging scheme he had unwittingly engaged in. The team's manager Manager Noh Dae Chul invested all his money and took out loans to fund the team, planning to bet against them when they became more successful. After Dae Chul started selling off the teams practice computers they decided to take matters into their own hands by contacting their apparent team sponsor, AHQ. It was at this point when they found out that AHQ had only been supplying gaming gear and never actually donated money or equipment to the team.

Click the spoiler below for a full translation of Cheon's post courtesy of AskMeAboutZombies

Hello everyone. I am Pimir, former LoL pro. I was on AHQ Korea, also known as AHQ K Promise. I’ve also used such names as patience/AD Pimir, etc. I will be gone 5 minutes after posting this, so proof that it’s really Pimir will be on my kakaotalk and facebook, along with my death note.Since I’ll be gone soon, I am writing on inven today to tell you about game fixing. Me and Actscene (another AHQ Korea player) were the only players actually involved in the game fixing; the other teammates only knew about it after the games.
    Reason for Game Fixing: The purpose behind fixing these games was to benefit Manager Noh's illegal betting on Korean eSports games (including LoL), otherwise known as “Toto” in Korea.
    Timeframe: 2013 LoL Champs Spring
    Manager Noh told our team that Ongamenet had threatened him: “If we don't lose to the big teams (KT, CJ etc), our team would be unable to play in the playoffs” (obviously this was a lie, but we didn't know at the time). Hoon replied that he wouldn't be a part of any match fixing. Manager Noh then called me and Actscene later that night to discuss it, and since we believed him, we agreed to put the (game fixing) plan into action.
    The Games: Our matches versus KTB (game 1&2) and versus CJF (game 1&2) were supposed to be fixed. If you look at all four games, you’ll see that we gave first blood every time. We were losing in game 1 against KT, but then we came back. We knew at that point we could win the game, but in my mind we had to lose. The (teammates) calls over voice and Manager Noh's voices kept entering my mind and it confused the fuck out of me. I thought “this is fucking mad!” We ended up losing that game. Game 2 vs KT was not fixed, we couldn't win at all.
    As a professional player, I wanted to win our games against KT, and tried to. But before playing against CJF, our manager Noh again threatened “If you win a game here, AHQ will be disqualified from LoLChamps.” The threat made me realize that if I win, all my efforts in becoming a pro would have been useless. During our games against CJF, I purposely did things to throw the game, like not deal damage in team fights, or flash and Ezreal E forward to get killed (We had just beaten CJF in a scrim that morning, against the exact same team comp they used in our OGN match. Both Hoon and I carried during that scrim).
    After the game, I talked to Hoon about everything. Hoon said he was already having conflicts with the Manager, and there was something “off” about him. Hoon’s had a long career as a professional gamer, so I guess he sensed the weird things our manager was doing.
    When we first made the team, we were told that AHQ sponsored us with cash and computers. We didn't know they only gave us gaming gear for rights to the team name. Our manager Noh had lied to us, and took out a loan to pay for our housing, living expenses, computers, and even our salaries. He was planning on placing illegal bets on eSports games and fixing them to win back the borrowed money and make a profit (I’ll mention my Skype convo with an actual AHQ person later for proof).
    When we told our other teammates about the match fixing, we decided to confront Noh after our game against SKT. Noh said we should bet against ourselves in the upcoming games with Najin later that week, throw both games to make a shit-ton of money, and then “Get the fuck out of the pro scene.” We told him that we weren't interested in illegal gambling and wouldn't do it. Even at this point, we didn't know AHQ was not sponsoring us with cash.
    When we came back to our living quarters after the Najin game, we found Noh sold off three of our practice computers and was clearing out the house. Noh said he couldn't pay the rent and we’d soon lose all utilities, so we should leave (we found it was Noh who tried to shut them off, unsuccessfully). Since we had an LG game coming up, we decided to stay until the game. We asked Noh why he sold our practice computers, and his response was that AHQ is demanding their money back from the team.
    Later on, I contacted AHQ and talked to their management in Taiwan. They denied ever donating any money or computers. They only donated gaming gear meant for the players themselves, not manager Noh. I asked if we could keep rest of the gear for practice and they approved. Eventually, we discovered that Noh was selling our practice computers so he could pay off his debts and run.
    After our next game against Najin, we confronted Noh and announced we’re leaving the team. We demanded payment for the months that he still owed us. Noh responded that he couldn’t give us the money right away, but he would instead waive the 50% commission that AHQ claimed on prize money. Since we previously talked to AHQ management, the entire team already knew Noh was lying. AHQ never sponsored us with cash, never had rights to prize money and the computers didn’t belong to them, so who is he trying to pay money back to?
    Noh kept insisting he had to pay AHQ, but at this point we knew he was lying out of his ass. When we showed evidence of his lying, he argued it was false. After 2~3 hours of arguing, we came to an agreement that Noh would pay our salaries for the months owed and would not contest any prize money won from OGN.
    Because of these events, we couldn't practice for a week. We played vs LG IM game, and Najin eventually won. We could have done better. I know I could have done better, but thanks to these events my professional career was over. After practicing to my best for a year, all I had left was a feeling of emptiness.
    tl;dr: I’m not in this world after 5 minutes, AHQ Korea was a team made by Noh to profit off illegal gambling, teammates didn’t know and we had to fix games because of this. AHQ Taiwan never sponsored our team, it was a lie. I am sorry for all of this, and I can’t tell you everything, but I’m leaving now as I can't deal with this anymore.

Doctors Without Borders still excluded from Myanmar's Rakhine state

[IMG]https://www.globalpos*****m/sites/default/files/imagecache/gp3_slideshow_large/photos/2014-March/476438729.jpg[/IMG]
    Because heaven for-fucking-bid people in 3rd world countries get free medical care. However, this story goes beyond that. Last month, the Myanmar government stopped operations of the charity Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF), which obviously caused a lot of backlash. The government's excuse was that they were biased toward the Rohingya religion. Of course, GlobalPost proved that was pretty much bullshit.
    Coincidentally, soon after MSF left, there were mass slaughterings of nearly 50 people, mostly women and children. MSF was able to treat about 22 of the villagers, including gunshot wounds.
    Of course, MSF's only concern is the thousands that are affected by their own eviction from the state. Since they had been kicked out, there have already been 150 deaths, mostly pregnant women. Like, god damn.
    All in all, shit's fucked yo.

Berlin, Germany wins the gTLD race

i hope someone gets this joke

Hot diddly damn gTLD's are finally happening! To those of you who don't know what a gTLD is: a gTLD is a generic Top Level Domain. An Open TLD is something like .com, .net, etc. A normal TLD is one not accessible to the public, e.g. .edu, .gov, etc. A Generic TLD is just a fancy-way of saying "really expensive TLD", such as .xxx (which is $100/yr, compared to .com's $10/yr).
    Now, Berlin is the first city to get their own PUBLIC gTLD. Technically, Vienna got theirs first, but it's private until May. Berlin's will be available to the public March 18th. That's really fucking cool.
    See, I don't think you guys realize how awesome this is. ICANN (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers) is basically just a not-profit organization that oversees a bunkle of internet-related bullshit. They compiled a whole bunch of new TLD's and said "hey make these a thing", and now a lot of domain companies are gonna start selling these. There's gonna be .pizza, .meme, *******, .gay, and about 100+ more. You can check 'em out here: https://money.cnn.com/infographic/tec...new-gtld-list/
    I literally already pre-ordered @Dave84311is.gay and @arunforce*******. I can't wait.

Oops!

That's right, Aborted left, and we never got around to doing the news.

MPGH News Team

• Writers

Last edited by arunforce; 04-11-2014 at 04:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    I hate you colin. I really hate you.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bowlcut For This Useful Post:

batemaker (04-08-2014),Pepsi Cola (03-24-2014),Raple (03-18-2014),Sheep (03-26-2014),Ticherhaz (03-18-2014),WarWood (03-17-2014),xMrSiiNz (03-31-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Watch dogs!! <3 Hype is real!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SammyDoge1 For This Useful Post:

leagueoflegg (03-18-2014)

NOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOB
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Wait wait wait! Wheres my happy birthday? ;(

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Allen View Post
    Happy Birthday douche bag!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Allen View Post
    You posted about it today. User News covers an entire week. It's a new week now. So... It'll be added to the next user news.
    Last edited by Hero; 03-17-2014 at 05:03 AM.
    [] [] [] [][]

Editor from 06•14•2011 • 2014
    Donator since 09•16•2011
    Minion from 10•10•2011 • 01•06•2011
    Minion+ from 01•06•2012 • 08•08•2012
    Moderator from 08•08•2012 • 10•06•2012
    Global Moderator from 10•06•2012 • 12•05•2017
    Staff Administrator from 12•05•2017 • 05•01•2019
    Trusted Member since 07•13•2019
    Global Moderator since 09•11•2020

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Hey @bowlcut, the Gaming news headline is stuffed up. The first article headline is above the Gaming News image, and there's no image for The Witcher 3. Not sure if you can still edit it, @Hero might be able to help you out there.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Hey bowlcut, the Gaming news headline is stuffed up. The first article headline is above the Gaming News image, and there's no image for The Witcher 3. Not sure if you can still edit it, Hero might be able to help you out there.
    Not even sure how that happened; I literally copy+pasted your section then edited it. Whatever, I fixed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    I hate you colin. I really hate you.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bowlcut For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Doc (03-18-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Nice one.
    Rep. Power: 126

Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Good Job. Sorry for not getting my shit in, life issues.
    there's nothing left for you here.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    yeah! news ! thanks bro! I like news from MPGH!
    Anything can PM me. I'm from Malaysia.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    ​Lol @ me quitting being the headline.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    As usual, good job

Super User since 08-29-2017
    Global Moderator from 10-02-2016 - 08-29-2017
    Premium Seller since 11-16-2016
    Moderator from 09-24-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Alliance of Valiant Arms Minion from 11-12-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Market place Minion from 09-24-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Crossfire Minion from 09-11-2015 - 01-09-2016

Middleman from 07-07-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Market Place Minion from 03-03-2014 - 08-01-2014
    Middleman from 01-30-2014 - 08-01-2014
    Moderator from 03-29-2013 - 04-04-2013
    Market Place Minion from 03-07-2013 - 04-04-2013
    Premium Member since 01-25-2013
    Middleman from 12-04-2012 - 04-04-2013
    Registered since 10-9-2011

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    That league of legends pro player though.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gio Jr. View Post
    That league of legends pro player though.
    Not very pro if you ask me, couldn't even kill himself. Seems like an amateur.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

n00oo00oob (04-14-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

Not very pro if you ask me, couldn't even kill himself. Seems like an amateur.
    Ohwait, is he a beginner?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast