41 83.67%
  • No!

8 16.33%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

Legalization Of Marijuana

What ya guys think? Im for it! I just recently emailed the nj governor about it trying to convince him. im asking if maybe anyone that lives in nj can help me out?

Hi. I'm Stephen Kuchinski talking on behalf of NJ. I want to speak with you about marijuana and how it should be legalized. For one it will help the economy tons. We spend around $127,000,000 clogging up our jails and legal system in the name of marijuana prohibition. That will give us more money to spend on schools instead of something that is safer than legal things such as cigarettes and alcohol. Its been proven that people are more likely to die under the influence of alcohol compared to marijuana. People get very nasty and mean drunk, but when you smoke marijuana your mellow and calm. Also it helps people focus which could help them in a lot of things. Another thing is I suffer a long term shoulder injury and I read that it helps ease pain which would help me do things I used to be able to do. Lastly, ever since Hurricane Sandy there has been lots of unemployment. But if marijuana was legal it would give lots of people jobs to grow and earn everything they used to have. Also, if you look at the crime rate Colorado had before legalization of marijuana it was a lot higher than it is now because most people are calm and mellow and don't want to harm anyone.
    Thank you for taking the time reading this I hope you take it into consideration.

Thanks
    Fuck yes! Legalize

THE EYES OF THE DAVESTAPO ARE UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO WE ARE GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE WE GONNA BE

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Having tried it, I don't think it should be.

Personally I have no issue with people using it, but when it is illegal they are forced to be careful. If it were legal we'd have problems already associated with intoxicated people multiplied..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Why not? So far no deaths related to it have happened.

Member Since 8/05/2012
    Editor 4/04/13 - 4/21/13
    Middleman 7/14/13 - 11/4/13

Battlefield Minion 6/13/14-3/20/15
    Steam Minion 7/16/14-3/20/15

Minion+ 10/1/14-3/20/15
    M.A.T. Minion 10/19/14-3/20/15
    ROTMG Minion 1/14/15-3/20/15

Donator Since 2/26/15 (Thanks @Cursed!)
    Steam Minion 5/9/15 - 11/5/15
    OSFPS Minion 9/15/15 - 11/5/15

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Marilyze Legujuana

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    A recent study that I have read (unable to provide link) suggests that smoking marijuana contributes to cognitive breakdown, which will lead to psychosis. Basically, you go crazy. I'm not taking a stance, just providing additional information

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenyetu View Post
    A recent study that I have read (unable to provide link) suggests that smoking marijuana contributes to cognitive breakdown, which will lead to psychosis. Basically, you go crazy. I'm not taking a stance, just providing additional information
    This is false. THC acts upon the CB-1 and CB-2 receptors, stimulating them in a manner similar to the bodies natural endocannibinoids. This action helps increase neuroplasticity, which in turn aids in the creation of new neural networks in the brain.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    You are certainly more well read in psychology (the biological side) than I am! But I believe I found the article to back up my point, (still unable to post link because of lack of posts)
    This site says this study was conducted March 5th, so it is quite recent. Anyway, 26 patients diagnosed with schizophrenia were put into an fMRI and instructed to preform difficult cognitive tasks. One such task asked patients to repeat syllables said to them while being asked to concentrate with one specific ear. This task proves exceptionally difficult for schizophrenic patients. Patients with prior cannabis use scored higher and preformed better on these tests than those that had no prior use of cannabis. This indicates schizophrenic patients with prior use of cannabis suffered a different sort of cognitive weakness than "regular" schizophrenic patients.
    I summarized the article the best I could, but one thing that the article just didn't have was a culprit, a reason why the patients were suffering a different cognitive weakness despite having the same condition.

Edit: I was laying in bed when I thought of something else. I wanted to add on to your point (Lehsyrus) regarding the positive qualities of cannabis. The THC creates new brain cells in the hippocampus, the area responsible for emotion. So, cannabis is an effective counter to mood disorders. (Trying to be non-bias.)
    Last edited by Kenyetu; 03-20-2014 at 11:48 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    Why not, if tobacco and alcohol(both worse drugs imo) are legal then weed should be.

Besides, marijuana itself has little to no bad effects on your body.

Thanks
    This can be argued either way. It isn't as bad as tobacco, so I guess why not.

Then again, even without any deaths YET, people can be peer-pressured into trying it and doing something really stupid and it could take their lives. People can be high and driving and also crash and take innocent lives. So it's arguable either way.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Thefurball View Post
    Having tried it, I don't think it should be.

Personally I have no issue with people using it, but when it is illegal they are forced to be careful. If it were legal we'd have problems already associated with intoxicated people multiplied..
    fucking idiot.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    As Color said, there have been no deaths related to it.
    Personally, I have never tried and I've only had alcohol twice, disliking it both times.
    I feel that it should be legalized though because the more the government focuses on discussions and debates that are unnecessary, the less they focus on mandatory topics.
    Furthermore, marijuana allows for more job opportunities and therefore an increase of federal revenue, assuming it is a government-run selling area.
    The decision doesn't affect me directly but I feel that the same should go abortion and same-sex marriage. It's a person's choice and shouldn't be a burden on people

• Skyflashh: trusted guy. we did a trade and everything went smooth. +1
    • akamushupork: Very smooth trade! Will do again. +1
    • CptLeon: +red. 2 Multiwindow trades, fast and courteous
    • hokko: vouch for droppy! smooth trade
    • 1086339: Sold him a couple of pots, everything went quick and great - Vouched!
    • SkyCamre: Vouch! Very smooth trade +1
    • maat7043: +1 Great Buyer! Went very fast
    • hokko: sold him some potions. fast trading. vouch for droppy!
    • SkyCamre: Vouch! Smooth and fast trader

Chat?

Droppiest Mudda Trucka Around since October 5th, 2012
    Donator/Premium since March 30th, 2013

Thanks
    Fuck the war on consciousness. Why is the topic of what you put into your own body up to the government? Decriminalize/legalize everything, stop punishing addicts and instead help them get of their addiction. Educate people about drugs, instead of saying weed is a gateway drug that ruins your life and turns you into a lazy homeless slacker. People try weed then realize they lied about that, then are willing to try other things they also lied about.
    My Vouches
    Having an issue with RotMG? Check for the solution here.

Need Realm items? Come to RealmStock!

Accepting PayPal - Bitcoin - Giftcards
    Selling ST Sets, Class Top Sets, Life Pots, and much more!

Find it here: MPGH Sales Thread

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiritsugu View Post
    This can be argued either way. It isn't as bad as tobacco, so I guess why not.
    Then again, even without any deaths YET, people can be peer-pressured into trying it and doing something really stupid and it could take their lives. People can be high and driving and also crash and take innocent lives. So it's arguable either way.
    I agree with this statement. It has both ups and downs.
    Formerly known as gamer4evere

Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mokou-Sama For This Useful Post:

Kiritsugu (04-28-2014)

Thanks
    It should be legalized. It should also be noted that chronic marijuana use can make you lazy and apathetic.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast