0 0%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy Turner View Post
    Didnt want it to get to this point DO YOU FUCKING UNDERSTAND
    1. Big bang was the theory that explained the starting of the universe
    2. I still stick with it that god created the universe but im not FUCKING saying he said oh lets see maybe ill put this fucking planet right here and that one right there. I'm specifically calling it a divine being or something in that matter which would be way too complex for the human brain to understan(BEFORE SOMEONE SAYS HUMAN BRAINS ARE THE MOST INTELLIGENT THING IN THE UNIVERSE) thats why i said it shows how much more complex it might be.
    3. What possible explanation can tell us what created even a single grain of sand or the whole universe because it would go on for infinite explanations because something had to have created what created the thing that created that thing ( you see where im getting).
    @666HiddenMaster666
    You sir are very ignorant you call someones god a simple book I try to be nice but the pool of ignorant pieces of shits keeps pouring in.
    My so called "book" you refer to teaches me how to live life and not by controlling me but by giving me advice so you are basically telling me youve never taken advice from anyone else? I read my so called "book" because it teaches me the true value of life. You were probably forced into religon which is my guess when you were a child because i havent seen anyone despise religon as much as you guys if you dont have anything good to say dont say it.
    1. You know the big bang created the universe.
    2. You believe god created the big bang. For no other reason than "just because".
    3. You make the mistake of thinking existence implies intelligent creation. That something from a cause and effect relationship must always have a creator.
    4. Please, tell me what book you are talking about. I'd love to here what book teaches you to "live life" and "gives advice".

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    which would be way too complex for the human brain to understan(BEFORE SOMEONE SAYS HUMAN BRAINS ARE THE MOST INTELLIGENT THING IN THE UNIVERSE) thats why i said it shows how much more complex it might be.
    If this is is true, then how the fuck do you know your religion is correct? We're all humans here, and you said it yourself, we know absolutely nothing. The universe is indeed far too complex for us to fully understand, but 'GOSH DAMN MAH RELIGIONZ R CURRECT BCUZ THE BIBLE SAYZ SO'.

3. What possible explanation can tell us what created even a single grain of sand or the whole universe because it would go on for infinite explanations because something had to have created what created the thing that created that thing ( you see where im getting).
    Then who created God my handicapable friend?

My so called "book" you refer to teaches me how to live life
    Teaching=Telling.

but by giving me advice
    Self-contradiction.

it teaches me the true value of life.
    Self-contradiction-contradiction.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Well he couldn't be using the bible though for life advice and teachings......

:/ surely one would not just completely ignore over half the bible's content and god's actions in the first half.....

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    @666HiddenMaster666
    You sir are very ignorant you call someones god a simple book I try to be nice but the pool of ignorant pieces of shits keeps pouring in.
    My so called "book" you refer to teaches me how to live life and not by controlling me but by giving me advice so you are basically telling me youve never taken advice from anyone else? I read my so called "book" because it teaches me the true value of life. You were probably forced into religon which is my guess when you were a child because i havent seen anyone despise religon as much as you guys if you dont have anything good to say dont say it.
    Do explain how it is ignorant of me to call someone's god a simple book. I find it to be the other way around instead, that being the religious people are the ignorant ones for calling any science book a simple book.
    I take advice, but not all from one book nor base a vast majority of advices off of one book either.
    True value of life is learned by living life, not from a book.
    I was forced to attend church because my parents thought it was convenient for them and as a way to socialize, but I was never forced to convert or anything. I simply began questioning the members there and easy tore them to shreds without even knowing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    Quote Originally Posted by 666HiddenMaster666 View Post

Sad that you need a book to teach you how to be a good person instead of thinking to that point by yourself
    More or less though religion does more of teaching what good is rather than teaching a person how to be good.

Why do I say that? Because every religion, culture, etc... has its own definition for "good".

Yes there are some basic things that most cultures define as good but I believe that these things indicated as good because of culture, tradition, society, and religion.

Also I'm not going to reply to any thing Timmy says because I think Aborted put it pretty well .
    Last edited by Ferris Bueller; 03-31-2014 at 04:02 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ferris Bueller For This Useful Post:

Gaydow (03-31-2014)

Thanks
    Im not a christian or muslim btw for you all saying bible and stuff Im pretty much trying to say i believe in god idc really what anyone says you can call me stupid or w/e and @Aborted im not trying to persuade you into believing a divine being is real 2) This was my point all along i cant prove god is real but i believe in him in the same way no one can prove that god isnt real. If you go to the last page i said "no point in arguing over opinions" im going to leave it at this because no matter how many anyone debates about this topic neither can i prove god is real nor can any of you prove god isnt real. Although i do believe in god i do respect your opinions i didnt want it to get to the point where some people started raging only reason i got pissed off was because i was being called stupid for stating me theor which i couldnt prove and the others stated their own theorys which they couldnt also prove. Ill leave it at this since theres no point in debating over opinions..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
    More or less though religion does more of teaching what good is rather than teaching a person how to be good.
    Why do I say that? Because every religion, culture, etc... has its own definition for "good".
    Yes there are some basic things that most cultures define as good but I believe that these things indicated as good because of culture, tradition, society, and religion.
    Also I'm not going to reply to any thing Timmy says because I think Aborted put it pretty well.
    They did a lousy job then.

Im not a christian or muslim btw for you all saying bible and stuff Im pretty much trying to say i believe in god idc really what anyone says you can call me stupid or w/e and @Aborted im not trying to persuade you into believing a divine being is real 2) This was my point all along i cant prove god is real but i believe in him in the same way no one can prove that god isnt real. If you go to the last page i said "no point in arguing over opinions" im going to leave it at this because no matter how many anyone debates about this topic neither can i prove god is real nor can any of you prove god isnt real. Although i do believe in god i do respect your opinions i didnt want it to get to the point where some people started raging only reason i got pissed off was because i was being called stupid for stating me theor which i couldnt prove and the others stated their own theorys which they couldnt also prove. Ill leave it at this since theres no point in debating over opinions..
    Please keep in mind that there is a difference between a layman's theory and a scientific theory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

Thanks
    Didnt want it to get to this point DO YOU FUCKING UNDERSTAND
    1. Big bang was the theory that explained the starting of the universe
    2. I still stick with it that god created the universe but im not FUCKING saying he said oh lets see maybe ill put this fucking planet right here and that one right there. I'm specifically calling it a divine being or something in that matter which would be way too complex for the human brain to understan(BEFORE SOMEONE SAYS HUMAN BRAINS ARE THE MOST INTELLIGENT THING IN THE UNIVERSE) thats why i said it shows how much more complex it might be.
    @666HiddenMaster666
    Why does anything have to be created? Why can't things just have always existed similar to how God has? If you've paid attention to any recent scientific breakthroughs. The entire universe was mapped in 1*10^-26 of a second chaotically(cosmic inflation). You have such a misguided sense of self entitlement. Me me me me me, the universe was created by God for me. Lmfao, if God exist what makes you think we're so special. The sheer size of the universe guarantees the existence of life elsewhere.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to noob555 For This Useful Post:

Gaydow (03-31-2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

>Says big bang theory is the about the origin of the universe.

>Says it is a proven theory.

>Still says a divine being created the universe.

Damn you must reality hate facing the facts huh. Just because the explanations and the science of things is too complex for your brain does not make it so for everyone else. Sure you can turn to your book and seek refuge in ignorance, the rest of us will continue to learn about the world and the universe around us. We will continue to understand things so incredibly finite yet so incredibly vast, and you can believe in your fairy and not partake in any kind of reason or even basic curiosity. How pathetic you must be to require a book to teach how to be a human being. Rather then turning to the people around you, rather then developing your own sense of purpose, you turn to a single piece of literature to tell you the so called value of life.

It isn't us that don't have anything good to say. It's you. You couldn't produce a single cohesive and intellectual thought to challenge us, or even yourself. You just close your eyes in the face of reason. It's offensive that you attribute such a basic and simple idea to such a complex and compelling concept that is the Universe.

I feel sorry for you. I really do.
    @666HiddenMaster666
    @Aborted
    @Empire
    @noob555
    Science isn't true. It's true functional. The mistake that a majority of atheist make is believing that science is true. Science operates on the premise that everything could be wrong. If you doubt religion, why can't you doubt science as well. However, the thing about truth, at the end of the day it doesn't matter.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to noob555 For This Useful Post:

Gaydow (03-31-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Well you can't prove whatever I imagine ISN'T true, so it must be true!

mmmmmmmmmmk come back when you grow up.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

Well you can't prove whatever I imagine ISN'T true, so it must be true!

mmmmmmmmmmk come back when you grow up.
    Exactly, its your opinion you imagine that its not true but just because you think its not true doesnt mean its not true..m

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Exactly, its your opinion you imagine that its not true but just because you think its not true doesnt mean its not true..m
    Do you understand the flaw in your logic?

Just because you think something is true, does not make it true.

You need to realize that reality and truth are not influence by your opinion.

The possibility of something is there, but the belief that its 100% true is completely unfounded.

----------------

How do I put this in words a child would understand..............hmmmm..........
    -----------------------------

I don't know, it seems kind of a cut and dry concept.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_ignorance

I just think telling people an opinion which has no basis, reasoning, evidence, or even point is something you should keep to yourself.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by noob555 View Post
    Science isn't true. It's true functional. The mistake that a majority of atheist make is believing that science is true. Science operates on the premise that everything could be wrong. If you doubt religion, why can't you doubt science as well. However, the thing about truth, at the end of the day it doesn't matter.
    The reason why one can doubt religion but yet reserve the doubt for science is because religion has sat on its laurels for over a millenia. Science is ever-changing, constantly being revised and improved upon. It's takes great action to change any religion and even then they've only budged an inch.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

The reason why one can doubt religion but yet reserve the doubt for science is because religion has sat on its laurels for over a millenia. Science is ever-changing, constantly being revised and improved upon. It's takes great action to change any religion and even then they've only budged an inch.
    Well science is also a process, to which we can learn things about nature and the universe. Scientist "believe" in scientific principles because it helps us understand more complex things and are repeatable/founded on the scientific method.(in other words able to be proven).

Religion is a set of beliefs in something that has never been proven, only claimed to have been shown to a small group of people, and well for the most part is pretty bad on reasons why people should believe it.(both moral and logical).

HOWEVER the deist argument I can see, but only in particular light.

An entity of power with universe creation can exist in the realm of possibility, it's just that we have no reason to believe it does or applies to our universe, and the reason people believe in any deity is only because of cultural influences, not logical or scientific or even moral.

This is what (for the lack of the term I can't remember) I'd call "possible but not proven". There are infinite possibilities, but just because there can does not mean there is.
    ----------------------------------
    Last edited by Empire; 04-01-2014 at 07:19 AM.

Thanks

Doubting science is fundamental to the progression of it. Until Newton, people believed that heavier things fell faster. Then we have Einstein only 300 years later disproving Newtonian mechanics through purely theoretical physics. The nature of science is doubt. Science doesn't claim anything is true.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast