Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

How could time travel exist?

I don't believe time travel does or ever will exist. If it does, I doubt that it will be any more than time traveling into the future, and never the past.

Many people believe it would mess up some continuum, but I was thinking about this logically, and how could we ever discover how to time travel into the past if nobody has time traveled into the past and "visited" us? Or people before us? If you think about it, if we discover how to time travel, we would probably go back into time and make a scene about it. That being said, if we discover we can time travel into the future, we wouldn't be able to go back. What are your opinions on this theory?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    How can we time travel when we can't even teleport?

OT:

No, I don't think time travel on a large scale exists. I say "think" because time travel is an area that we know very little about. We have no evidence to prove that it is impossible and no evidence to prove that it is possible.(And I'm talking solid evidence to make it fact, not enough evidence to make a theory)

I think this video sums it up pretty well.

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by sumner View Post
    I don't believe time travel does or ever will exist. If it does, I doubt that it will be any more than time traveling into the future, and never the past.

Many people believe it would mess up some continuum, but I was thinking about this logically, and how could we ever discover how to time travel into the past if nobody has time traveled into the past and "visited" us? Or people before us? If you think about it, if we discover how to time travel, we would probably go back into time and make a scene about it. That being said, if we discover we can time travel into the future, we wouldn't be able to go back. What are your opinions on this theory?
    I'm so fucking confused.
    Credits go to Invalid_Username. Thanks bro!

PotHeads hang here: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=170

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    Quote Originally Posted by DenialS. View Post

I'm so fucking confused.
    His question is: Is time travel possible? If we figure out how to time travel to the future, would we be capable of time travelling to the past?

Basically the rest is just the theory of: If we figure out how to time travel to the past and then tell the people in the past about it, would that lead to a continuum where people keep time travelling to the time before them?

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferris Bueller View Post

His question is: Is time travel possible? If we figure out how to time travel to the future, would we be capable of time travelling to the past?

Basically the rest is just the theory of: If we figure out how to time travel to the past and then tell the people in the past about it, would that lead to a continuum where people keep time travelling to the time before them?
    Time travel is not possible, It wouldn't make any sense at all. If we lived in the present and are able to time travel to the past than what are the people in the past living?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by DenialS. View Post

Time travel is not possible, It wouldn't make any sense at all. If we lived in the present and are able to time travel to the past than what are the people in the past living?
    I mainly meant we'd be seeing people from the future

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by sumner View Post
    I mainly meant we'd be seeing people from the future
    Than why make it so complex? Just get straight to the point.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    I had to back it up

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    How can we time travel when we can't even teleport?

OT:

No, I don't think time travel on a large scale exists. I say "think" because time travel is an area that we know very little about. We have no evidence to prove that it is impossible and no evidence to prove that it is possible.(And I'm talking solid evidence to make it fact, not enough evidence to make a theory)

I think this video sums it up pretty well.

Actually that isn't exactly true, the only reason why we don't try for teleporting is due to the fact if you teleport how do we know you will be you when you come back.
    The whole idea of teleporting came from part of Einstein's Mass–energy equivalence, on which E=MC2, which basically means Energy is = to Mass.
    So we just need to convert Energy to Mass for humans just the big issue is with weather or not you will be you once we put you back.

Watch this video:

Also in general sense we already are traveling in time...
    If space time and space are a plane, what happens if I cut a hole into space which is how wormholes come into theory.

Now whats even harder to get is wave particle duality.
    Last edited by αяgуяσѕ; 03-12-2014 at 06:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    Valid keys, he gave me one himself.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    Quote Originally Posted by D3DR3VO View Post
    Actually that isn't exactly true, the only reason why we don't try for teleporting is due to the fact if you teleport how do we know you will be you when you come back.
    The whole idea of teleporting came from part of Einstein's Mass–energy equivalence, on which E=MC2, which basically means Energy is = to Mass.
    So we just need to convert Energy to Mass for humans just the big issue is with weather or not you will be you once we put you back.

Watch this video:

Also in general sense we already are traveling in time...
    If space time and space are a plane, what happens if I cut a hole into space which is how wormholes come into theory.

Now whats even harder to get is wave particle duality.
    What are you on about?

Can we teleport? No. I didn't say it's not possible to teleport and I am entirely aware of Einstein's inputs on this.

Also, that video proves nothing. It actually helps our case that time travel is not possible, at least not during this era.

The 3 complicated ways where all impossible ways to time travel. Seriously? Come on dude, you can come up with a better argument than that.

Furthermore, it's pretty obvious that we're not talking about time travelling by standing up or walking dude.

Safe to say that post was pretty useless.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

What are you on about?

Can we teleport? No. I didn't say it's not possible to teleport and I am entirely aware of Einstein's inputs on this.

Also, that video proves nothing. It actually helps our case that time travel is not possible, at least not during this era.

The 3 complicated ways where all impossible ways to time travel. Seriously? Come on dude, you can come up with a better argument than that.

Furthermore, it's pretty obvious that we're not talking about time travelling by standing up or walking dude.

Safe to say that post was pretty useless.
    You didn't understand that I had put. I never said in anyway that you were wrong, I just stated the reason why.
    The issue behind yours is that we know how physics works can that it is possible to make it do it.
    The only issue is that you need Negative Energy, everything is pretty much there, the only issue is for us harnessing the Negative Energy.

If you ever heard of the Casimir effect, which has a lot to do with this, which you get Negative pressures, which can then be used for Negative Energy.
    The Casimir effects goes back to what I had original stated the understanding of Quantum Mechanics which is a really big deal of the wave particle duality.
    To create a wormhole you don't really need Negative Energy, the Negative Energy is only to keep itself from collapse to quickly.
    Just because we can't do something doesn't mean its impossible.

Also another thing to look at is a Electromagnetic Field Feedback Loop, which basically affect the force on, and can then move other slowly moving charged particles. The only real issue with this is that we do not have enough everyday electricity to fuel this.
    Last edited by αяgуяσѕ; 03-12-2014 at 06:47 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    Quote Originally Posted by D3DR3VO View Post
    You didn't understand that I had put. I never said in anyway that you were wrong, I just stated the reason why.
    The issue behind yours is that we know how physics works can that it is possible to make it do it.
    The only issue is that you need Negative Energy, everything is pretty much there, the only issue is for us harnessing the Negative Energy.

If you ever heard of the Casimir effect, which has a lot to do with this, which you get Negative pressures, which can then be used for Negative Energy.
    The Casimir effects goes back to what I had original stated the understanding of Quantum Mechanics which is a really big deal of the wave particle duality.
    To create a wormhole you don't really need Negative Energy, the Negative Energy is only to keep itself from collapse to quickly.
    Just because we can't do something doesn't mean its impossible.

Also another thing to look at is a Electromagnetic Field Feedback Loop, which basically affect the force on, and can then move other slowly moving charged particles. The only real issue with this is that we do not have enough everyday electricity to fuel this.
    I see what you're saying.

So basically to tie this in to OP's question, yes time travel is entirely possible and is a viable theory. Only problem is we are not advanced enough and do not have enough resources to power such a thing. Even when we do, we will first have trouble with time travel. I predict time travel will start out small scale, just like invisibility technologies, and then will expand.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

I see what you're saying.

So basically to tie this in to OP's question, yes time travel is entirely possible and is a viable theory. Only problem is we are not advanced enough and do not have enough resources to power such a thing. Even when we do, we will first have trouble with time travel. I predict time travel will start out small scale, just like invisibility technologies, and then will expand.
    Yes that is what I am saying.
    The biggest issue is having the energy to do it since we currently do not have a efficient way of doing so.

Now if we could get more research done with the hadron collider, we could ended up understanding dark matter which can end up giving us anti-matter which could solve most of our energy crisis, not to mention ships would be able to run on space.
    which then can develop to warp drives which can make even teleportation and time travel, even better.

What I predict is we will be able to only move into the future faster, but the only way to move back to the past is by some means of a wormhole.
    So basically you forward to the future you are shit out of luck and stuck there for a long time, unless they have transverse wormholes or something.
    Last edited by αяgуяσѕ; 03-12-2014 at 07:23 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    A few researchers have been theorizing about the process of 'recording' an object and effectively rewinding its atomic movement.
    Of course it's not even close to possible as of now, but it's an interesting idea.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

All you need is to be a timelord or a dalek.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:

Euphemistic (03-13-2014)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast