Thread: Noah.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Noah.

So with the movie coming out, I thought I'd make a post on it.

Noah, like most Old Testament stories, has 3 major flaws: Moral, Inconsistency within the bible, and Inconsistency within what we know.

1. Morals.
    The moral of Noah is pretty much what most of the Old Testament teaches. Be god's chosen ones or you are fucked. I'd like to argue there is a lesson to "listening and obeying god" but there isn't any mention that God attempted to speak to anyone but Noah. Not only that, God would consider children, unborn children, and everyone else irredeemable. Which doesn't make any sense.

2. Inconsistency within the bible.
    -God smites people if they are bad. He did it in Sodom and Gomorah, he did it actually quite a few times. So it's odd that instead of just killing them straight off he needed a flood, to make all the animals get in a boat, and to make this guy Noah spend 40 years for what god does instantly in other scenarios. Not only that, since Sodom and Gomorah came after, this type of "wipe all the evil off" clearly doesn't work.

3. Inconsistency within what we know
    Wooden boat wouldn't have been able to hold 2 of every species that would have been wiped out.
    Noah's bloodline would be the start of mankind from that gap, genealogy tells us differently.
    Worldwide flooding would erase a lot of species that can only live in certain conditions, not on a boat(i.e. freshwater fish, insects, etc. etc.).
    Wooden boat would also not be able to survive the initial impact of the flood. First rock it hit would destroy the ark entirely, if not from the impact of the water alone.
    Inbreeding doesn't work.
    Ecosystem problems:
    A. If the water was as high as the mountain(which it said it was) then the temperature would be too cold for most of the animals and Noah himself.
    B. Water pressure/water mixture.
    C. Food after the flood. Herbivores would have no food and if carnivores ate anything they'd wipe out a whole species.

So anyone want to argue on the side that The Flood was real?

Edit: Sorry, also wanted to add that on Ecosystem-A certain animals would die even if the situation was normal. Some animals can flat out not survive outside of their habitat.
    Last edited by Empire; 03-28-2014 at 07:26 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover
    Well i was looking documentary movie about Noah...they found proves that it was real,like crossing the Red sea..they found remains of wheels and bones of Pharaons horses wich were hunting Jews..so i will try to find you that film if you are interested...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    It's funny that people actually believe this shit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyComander View Post
    Well i was looking documentary movie about Noah...they found proves that it was real,like crossing the Red sea..they found remains of wheels and bones of Pharaons horses wich were hunting Jews..so i will try to find you that film if you are interested...
    Please, if you could find me proof of a worldwide flood in the last 20k years, I'd like that. Seeing as there is no indication of it otherwise around the world, I'll need to see proof before I'll believe it's real.

=================
    But the red sea thing?

Meh. Could be horses fell out during trip across it. That's something that happens a lot. Either way, link to that would be nice too.

(though again, the whole story of Moses and the egyptians has so many flaws that's another thread entirely).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover
    take a look at this video,also i cant find proof for worldwide flood....So its up to you would you belive at Bible stories....I will try to find you everything i can,i was looking that long time ago,but in fact true beliver dont ask for proofs,as we all do...
    Also my friend im sorry for my bad english.
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

Please, if you could find me proof of a worldwide flood in the last 20k years, I'd like that. Seeing as there is no indication of it otherwise around the world, I'll need to see proof before I'll believe it's real.

=================
    But the red sea thing?

Meh. Could be horses fell out during trip across it. That's something that happens a lot. Either way, link to that would be nice too.

(though again, the whole story of Moses and the egyptians has so many flaws that's another thread entirely).
    Last edited by D.Toretto; 04-12-2014 at 02:42 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover
    Well i think that you have your human right to belive or not belive,its up to you...and no one has right to tell you WHY DONT YOU BELIVE or WHY YOU BELIVE...And i also think that there shouldnt be discrimination between Belivers and Nobelivers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
    It's funny that people actually believe this shit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    So with the movie coming out, I thought I'd make a post on it.

Noah, like most Old Testament stories, has 3 major flaws: Moral, Inconsistency within the bible, and Inconsistency within what we know.

1. Morals.
    The moral of Noah is pretty much what most of the Old Testament teaches. Be god's chosen ones or you are fucked. I'd like to argue there is a lesson to "listening and obeying god" but there isn't any mention that God attempted to speak to anyone but Noah. Not only that, God would consider children, unborn children, and everyone else irredeemable. Which doesn't make any sense.

2. Inconsistency within the bible.
    -God smites people if they are bad. He did it in Sodom and Gomorah, he did it actually quite a few times. So it's odd that instead of just killing them straight off he needed a flood, to make all the animals get in a boat, and to make this guy Noah spend 40 years for what god does instantly in other scenarios. Not only that, since Sodom and Gomorah came after, this type of "wipe all the evil off" clearly doesn't work.

3. Inconsistency within what we know
    Wooden boat wouldn't have been able to hold 2 of every species that would have been wiped out.
    Noah's bloodline would be the start of mankind from that gap, genealogy tells us differently.
    Worldwide flooding would erase a lot of species that can only live in certain conditions, not on a boat(i.e. freshwater fish, insects, etc. etc.).
    Wooden boat would also not be able to survive the initial impact of the flood. First rock it hit would destroy the ark entirely, if not from the impact of the water alone.
    Inbreeding doesn't work.
    Ecosystem problems:
    A. If the water was as high as the mountain(which it said it was) then the temperature would be too cold for most of the animals and Noah himself.
    B. Water pressure/water mixture.
    C. Food after the flood. Herbivores would have no food and if carnivores ate anything they'd wipe out a whole species.

So anyone want to argue on the side that The Flood was real?

Edit: Sorry, also wanted to add that on Ecosystem-A certain animals would die even if the situation was normal. Some animals can flat out not survive outside of their habitat.
    I will say this. You are trying to argue miracles with logic and science

That is unequivocally wrong. Miracles are miracles because they are acts of a god. They defy all laws of science, universe, etc..

So trying to debate a miracle is pretty pointless since it's a miracle.
    Last edited by Ferris Bueller; 04-12-2014 at 03:22 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ferris Bueller For This Useful Post:

D.Toretto (04-12-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover
    I agree with you at all...

That is unequivocally wrong. Miracles are miracles because they are acts of a god. They defy all laws of science, universe, etc..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    [video=youtube;i7iycpe16V0] take a look at this video,also i cant find proof for worldwide flood....So its up to you would you belive at Bible stories....I will try to find you everything i can,i was looking that long time ago,but in fact true beliver dont ask for proofs,as we all do...
    Also my friend im sorry for my bad english.
    Ummm....so no proof?(lame).

I think you are misunderstanding.
    1. The flood never happened in reality. You can believe it did, but it didn't. Kind of like you can believe this world is the dream of Vishnu, doesn't exactly make it true.
    -Reoccurring theme: Belief does not equal truth.

2. This still would leave serious implications as to God's morality and solutions to problems if you believed it.

A "miracle" is an event that defies the laws of nature.

There isn't a single documented miracle......so yeah, kinda pointless. Oddly enough though I was just pointing out inconsistencies in both the moral and logistics side of Noah.

(I'm more interested in the moral side because if you are stupid enough to hold the fallacy of "belief = truth" then you'd believe god is incapable of solving problems correctly and just murders people to "wipe the slate clean" which obviously didn't work -lol-).
    Last edited by Empire; 04-12-2014 at 09:51 PM.

Thanks
    The bible is full of so much spewing contradictory bullshit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover
    If i understand you are ateist?

1. The flood never happened in reality. You can believe it did, but it didn't. Kind of like you can believe this world is the dream of Vishnu, doesn't exactly make it true.

2. This still would leave serious implications as to God's morality and solutions to problems if you believed it.

There isn't a single documented miracle......so yeah, kinda pointless. Oddly enough though I was just pointing out inconsistencies in both the moral and logistics side of Noah.

(I'm more interested in the moral side because if you are stupid enough to hold the fallacy of "belief = truth" then you'd believe god is incapable of solving problems correctly and just murders people to "wipe the slate clean" which obviously didn't work -lol-).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    If i understand you are ateist?
    Atheist? Yes.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover
    Sorry for that typing error..Well its up to you,would you belive in miracles or in scientific explanations.Respect for you!

Atheist? Yes.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot

Of course there are no documented miracles, they're all made up. The miracle of noah is no more made up than the creation of human beings by Prometheus in greek mythology.

Do not look for solid facts, do not look for logic, do not look for consistency. You will not find any of these in any religion. Not even Scientology.()

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Rance-sama View Post
    The bible is full of so much spewing contradictory bullshit.
    You should write your own... like Hitler
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast