Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovroman View Post

Yea, but what if he opened the pic as admin? Lol. Or maybe his UAC is disabled.
    Pictures doesnt contains executable code like programs or shell scripts.
    If you embedd an exe in a jpg and keep the jpg extension your exe wont run.
    If you give your picture the exe extension it still wont run the embedded exe.

Well, if i want, i can "launch" a "jpg file" as a process, but .. only if "jpg" refers to the actual extension (.jpg) and not "the file content" which still need to be a real program . Its basically an exe renamed to jpg. And "launching" is not the default behavior for jpg files , you'll need some tricks.

All picture software will read the picture data and ignore the rest. Even your OS.

Infection using non-executable files are possible but its VERY sophiscated and you should never be infected by this sort of stuff.
    Most of the time it involves bad PDF (and Acrobat Reader security issues), or bad SWF (and Flash Player security issues)

Now, OP: Run malwarebyte, Setup a firewall, change all your passwords AFTER your pc is clean.
    Last edited by JustAnoobROTMG; 04-01-2014 at 02:29 PM.
    Due to a recent DMCA takedown attempt we had to remove Faintmako brain. Please do not paid attention to what he say or do.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jaren.yuen View Post
    Hi Guys,

I need someones help because I think that I have key logger on my computer. Recently I logged onto my ROTMG account and found out that all my characters were lava'd. This started to happen after I downloaded a picture from a thread on the ROTMG Selling/Trading forum.
    (I was trying to see if I was interested in the account) Please advise! *ALSO IF THIS IS NOT IN THE RIGHT SECTION IM SORRY, I DIDNT KNIOW WHERE TO PUT IT

Thanks for looking
    Regardless as to where you got it or the feasibility of getting it from a pic, you should run a full Sophos scan. If that doesn't work, try avg for-mac.
    As for your account chars and items, only kabam can help you but I doubt they will even if you aren't guilty of using hacks. Maybe you got "lucky" and it was your girlfriend who did it. (having the girlfriend being the lucky part)

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnoobROTMG View Post
    Now, OP: Run malwarebyte, Setup a firewall, change all your passwords AFTER your pc is clean.
    I don't believe malewarebytes supports mac....
    Last edited by Necc; 04-01-2014 at 11:33 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12