Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Exclamation Roxas' Sniper Guide for FPS games

This guide is good for Almost all FPS games so enjoy

For Noobsters:
    If you are a noob in the game you are playing, you can go 2 different ways: 1) Find/go to a noob server or a server with not so good players while you learn the tricks of online play (you should already have mastered your games controls in Singleplayer (SP), but online play is a whole new game), or 2) You can go to a server of decent/pro players and spec the good players and see where they go on certain maps, how the move, how they take corners etc. I personally reccomend option 2, and it's a real bonus if you find a good player who's not a "N00b hater" that will teach you a thing or two (this is how I learned to glitch corners in MOHAA, not sure if that can be done in other games).

Basic tactics are this:

Always stay moving (except when hiding/sniping) because a moving target is harder to hit.
    Take advantage of the crouch and prone (if your game has it) positions, as they conceal you much better.
    Use lean and crouch to go around corners instead of bursting around them, you will find it works much better.
    Use sneak and keep quiet (no voice taunts) as experienced players will hear you and make mince meat of you.
    Use headphones when playing, and if your game has "cinematic" or its equivalent use it. (Cinematic is a command which you type in the MOHAA console that takes away all background noises, research and find if your game has an equivalent).
    DO NOT run in the open on a sniper level, this is suicide.
    Find common sniping spot (i.e. church towers) and don't use them, but always check for noobs camping in them.
    If you want to camp (which may get you berated by noob haters), find a good place, hopefully with some cover (i.e. foliage or rocks).

Now I could go on with MG tactics and such, but why bother you'll pick them up quickly (if oyu haven't already). What I want to share is some sniper tips. Just bear with me if you are experienced, or are "l33t" (lol sorry that "h4x0r" crap cracks me up lol), read on you may find something you didn't know.

Here is how to find an ideal sniper camp:

Your ideal sniper spot gives you good coverage but allows you to see well. So you will want to hide behind something, and try not to go to a noob camper spot or somewhere obvious (i.e. church towers lol). You want to have a good view of things, but you also want to be able to see everything at once. So do not go to a spot where you can see more then say 90 degrees. This way you can see everything without having to actually move your mouse. On that note, try to keep movement to a minimum, it will get you spotted. Your ideal spot will not have a back entrance which allows people to sneak up on you and bash you (a humiliating experience). If it does have a back entrance, you want to be able to cover it well from where you are. If you are into humiliating people, your spot may also have a second "area" which overlooks your first spot and is hopefully not easily accessible, or is only accessible through spot 1. That way, if you snipe someone many times, and they find your spot, you can retreat to spot two and snipe them when they come roaring in with a machinegun LOL.

Now hopefully you have found your ideal spot. Now you want to get sniping right? Wrong. Only take a shot if your sure you can hit it, and kill the person before they can get to cover. NEVER give away your spot by taking potshots at a fast moving target you know you can't hit. You should also be aware of muzzle flashes from you gun as they can give your spot away. In some games there is realistic bullet speeds, and you have to lead the shot a bit because it takes time for the bullet to get from you to the target. In other games the bullet gets there instantly and you don't want to lead the shot. Figure out which your game has, it will help you much. I know for sure in MOHAA you have to lead your shots. If you see someone running, don't shoot right away, you want to wait for the shot you know you can hit. If they run into cover before you get a clear shot, that's ok don't take a potshot. Be patient, they will have to show up eventually. But if you have the shot lined up and your target is being still, take it. Aim high as you want to get the one shot kill. If your opponent is moving though, you can still get them. If they are just running straight it will be easy. The easiest way to snipe somebody is to but your scope ahead of them, then fire when they walk into it. This is much more effective than following them and taking shots. If your opponent is moving about like a madman, watch him. Most people move in a pattern, some just go left and right and left and right, others lean left and run left, then lean right and run right. Figure out what they do and then follow the above steps, keeping in mind their pattern and whether or not you have to lead the shot. You basically just have to get the feel for it, then it becomes a sub-concious desicion when to fire. Never stay in the same spot for more than say 5-8 kills when playing with you average player. If playing with exceptional players I would suggest moving every kill or 2.

Crossfire good sniping tips:

Today This will teach you 3 tips to improve your sniping skills!!!
    I hope you enjoy it and make sure you
    CLICK THE THANKS BOTTON!!!

Video:
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/LVCDKdMrm0U&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/LVCDKdMrm0U&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Extra help!!!
    Tip 1
    The fast scope

Click the right then left in your mouse Fast.

Tip 2
    Hold scope

After you shoot hold the left botton in the mouse

Tip 3
    Fast escaping after shot

After you shoot roll middle of the mouse to a knife when you jump side ways

THANKS FOR WATCHING
    PRESS THE THANKS BOTTON!!!!\

I could go on forever, but this is long enough. Dont forget to thank me

M700 Ownage:
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/rUtcrJl7SLw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/rUtcrJl7SLw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

AWM Ownage
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/85Srgner-MI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/85Srgner-MI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Dragunov Sniping:
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/umoi4bhhiNc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/umoi4bhhiNc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
    Credits: Roxas/Progenicus
    Last edited by Lolerz56; 09-17-2009 at 06:13 PM.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lolerz56 For This Useful Post:

Dennyx (09-18-2009),dick9414 (09-19-2009),elmardus (09-18-2009),Lawliet Ryuzaki (09-18-2009),smoke341 (09-18-2009),vegardvegardvegard (01-15-2010)

Thanks
    Zomg with the long post and stuffs.
    Toxin says no.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxin View Post
    Zomg with the long post and stuffs.
    Toxin says no.
    lolz i made it short as possible but if i made it shorter it would suck and its for most of FPS games

Thanks

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Do you want me to make it shorter???

Thanks

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Then what do you want....

Thanks
    You.......

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    You.......
    Me....?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    You.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolerz56 View Post
    Me....?
    Him!!!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Why dose he want me????

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    i dunno is there a sexual tension between u 2?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by reeciboi View Post
    i dunno is there a sexual tension between u 2?
    WTF no we dont

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolerz56 View Post
    WTF no we dont
    yeah i know lolz

In a fantasy world filled with unicorns and fairies.
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    way to long n not really a ''tutorial'' just a few tricks

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast