Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky

Post The end of hacks

What Anti Hack Noob talk about makes me LOL

Got this from nexon fourms just thought i let you guys know what these guys saying

Aametherar: says

Actually my ideas I posted seemed to have no flaws even with nexons response, all they claimed was "privacy issues" but it's my belief that they're afraid to move past the hacking era and change things because the game is so succesfull as is. Not that my beliefs carry much wieght.

I3ondoo7:says

What is your idea?

Aametherar:says

One is banning based on a users unique hardware (all hardware is unique) which is difficult and sometimes costly to bypass along with specific IP bans (very ineffective but it adds to the hassle for hackers) and deletion of accounts involved. Obvioussly there would be some leeway early on allowing multiple offenses so as nto to ban everyone right off and give them some warning that nexons getting serious without killing the community.

The other is stealth patches. It's not hard for nexon to get ahold of the hacks themselves as well as workings of hacks same as any player, they could do these with normal patches or slow downloads during gameplay for various patches sometimes including hack detection for specific hack programs. The player using these hacks would be banned and it'd leave a mark on their record for future accounts with the unique hardware identification.

As I said at the very least it would eliminate closet hackers, and a lot of people desperatley hack to increase their reputations which would no longer be possible as long term hacking would lead to your inevitable capture. I'm sure a lot of currently popular in good standing players would get whacked if they refused to stop when the warning was given by nexon that it's going to war using these methods.

95% of people have a dynamic IP. I can change my entire IP not just the last 2-3 sets automatically every 24hrs. Making IP bans useless. Hardware bans can be removed with software. Its already being done with punkbusters hardware bans. It would take me 4 hrs to have a new IP and hardware ID to avoid a past hardware ban.

But before you can ban them you need to detect the hacks. So how are you going to detect all the private, public, and custom hacks? They all don't use the same bypass. not all of them even use a bypass.

In order for someone to hack this game, they need to affect the packets being sent to the server. Why not monitor those?

You think there right?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Don't believe any of that rubbish!
    They just want us to go and dig a hole and jump in it. Well, no-one can stop us hacking...Can they?

Thanks
    ip changer and acc generator biiasshhh

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    I have a friend in Nexon, he is a GM in MapleStory and he once told me that the coders of MS also works in the hacking sites.

So, its probably the those CA coders that make patches also work in those VIP hacking websites too.
    I dont know, what do you think?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lalobon For This Useful Post:

imaco (09-23-2009)

Thanks
    As long as there is any human interaction there is room for cheating or hacking of some kind. If they patched everything we have now (which they can't or won't) then some coder would simply make something to mimic human behavior, like an advanced AFK bot.

Web Developer Pride

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    get a summary, then i'll read

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

95% of people have a dynamic IP. I can change my entire IP not just the last 2-3 sets automatically every 24hrs. Making IP bans useless. Hardware bans can be removed with software. Its already being done with punkbusters hardware bans. It would take me 4 hrs to have a new IP and hardware ID to avoid a past hardware ban.

But before you can ban them you need to detect the hacks. So how are you going to detect all the private, public, and custom hacks? They all don't use the same bypass. not all of them even use a bypass.
    This paragraph made me laugh cause he just totally owned them both! Thank goodness some people understand computers and anti-hacking methods!

Minion Statistics

Ex-Console Minion: 13/01/2011 ~ 19/04/2011
    Console Re-Minion: 14/06/2012 ~ 27/02/2013
    AVA Minion: 22/06/2012 ~ 12/11/2012
    Battlefield Minion: 04/02/2013 ~ 27/02/2013

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Rofl, I know right?
    BTW, @the person who said that Nexon's MS people work with hacking sites, there was a longtime conspiracy theory about that.
    So the theory goes like this :
    First, Nexon develops hacks for their own game because of course, they know how to bypass it. They release these hacks for trust and/or money. Once the hack's income starts slowing down, they patch it and release it again. Also, they can make it that the hacks are detected, but will not ban until the next patch.
    Basically, that theory can be applied to any game, so I didn't believe it, but it's pretty much Nexon's habit to do random BS like that.
    Respect List
    Dave - for creating the site.
    User1 - he's an uber beast.
    Whitten - for having an emo bear on his avatar.
    Obama - for being "Obamba" rofl.
    Liz - She helps a LOT (good bye choobs...)
    Stumpy & Trunky - can't tell which is which for some reason, sorry
    Where'd they all go?

Me - Because you have to respect yourself.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    lol...well...nexon does have the money to buy vip hacks and look at them and patch them, but not much vip updates are there, for a couple reasons..
    1. nexon doesnt wanna waste money.
    2. nexon makes the hacks for money or w.e
    so yeah, but alot of people who buy alot of nx quit cuz of hacks

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by 123tyler321 View Post
    lol...well...nexon does have the money to buy vip hacks and look at them and patch them, but not much vip updates are there, for a couple reasons..
    1. nexon doesnt wanna waste money.
    2. nexon makes the hacks for money or w.e
    so yeah, but alot of people who buy alot of nx quit cuz of hacks
    lol. The point is, when they release VIP hacks on their sites, they can collect the money, so they can't waste money. Also, they don't really spend that much money if they already have the coders for the game, they can just have the original coders to do a bit more work and make VIP hacks.
    And it doesn't matter if people who buy NX quit, more people replace them, and as soon as you purchase a pre-paid card or use Paypal to buy NX, they already get the money. So they don't care about NX people quitting.
    Respect List
    Where'd they all go?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by tw24fr View Post
    What Anti Hack Noob talk about makes me LOL

Got this from nexon fourms just thought i let you guys know what these guys saying

Aametherar: says

Actually my ideas I posted seemed to have no flaws even with nexons response, all they claimed was "privacy issues" but it's my belief that they're afraid to move past the hacking era and change things because the game is so succesfull as is. Not that my beliefs carry much wieght.

What is your idea?

Aametherar:says

One is banning based on a users unique hardware (all hardware is unique) which is difficult and sometimes costly to bypass along with specific IP bans (very ineffective but it adds to the hassle for hackers) and deletion of accounts involved. Obvioussly there would be some leeway early on allowing multiple offenses so as nto to ban everyone right off and give them some warning that nexons getting serious without killing the community.

The other is stealth patches. It's not hard for nexon to get ahold of the hacks themselves as well as workings of hacks same as any player, they could do these with normal patches or slow downloads during gameplay for various patches sometimes including hack detection for specific hack programs. The player using these hacks would be banned and it'd leave a mark on their record for future accounts with the unique hardware identification.

As I said at the very least it would eliminate closet hackers, and a lot of people desperatley hack to increase their reputations which would no longer be possible as long term hacking would lead to your inevitable capture. I'm sure a lot of currently popular in good standing players would get whacked if they refused to stop when the warning was given by nexon that it's going to war using these methods.

In order for someone to hack this game, they need to affect the packets being sent to the server. Why not monitor those?

You think there right?
    '

Actually, your information is a little wrong. Punkbuster (PB) is a hardcore anti-hacking system. I use to work for a software company, PB uses the serial number on all of the PC AKA: HW-ID; simply put PB is very sensitive to a memory or address altering changes.

They will also flag it up in the WHOLE room, for everyone to see what the problem it. Allowing an admin or someone to take action.

Because of this, a very famous coder by nickname of "Pan" was a infamous coder who made COD4 hacks, very effective and very good.

He planted a fake memory alting program on IRC where people talks a lot about COD4, when they went in play the game, PB banned everyone who uses it. Showing that flaw, true that they can't find every little hack, but they can find every memory or addresses changes in the game.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouzie View Post
    '

Actually, your information is a little wrong. Punkbuster (PB) is a hardcore anti-hacking system. I use to work for a software company, PB uses the serial number on all of the PC AKA: HW-ID; simply put PB is very sensitive to a memory or address altering changes.

They will also flag it up in the WHOLE room, for everyone to see what the problem it. Allowing an admin or someone to take action.

Because of this, a very famous coder by nickname of "Pan" was a infamous coder who made COD4 hacks, very effective and very good.

He planted a fake memory alting program on IRC where people talks a lot about COD4, when they went in play the game, PB banned everyone who uses it. Showing that flaw, true that they can't find every little hack, but they can find every memory or addresses changes in the game.
    That's really interesting Mouzie, but the awesome part is that there's always someone that's able to get around it (I actually read it )
    The basic rule of life is that nothing is one-sided - there's always a way in where there's a way out.
    This is especially true with computers and coding.
    Respect List
    Where'd they all go?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Fulfilled View Post
    That's really interesting Mouzie, but the awesome part is that there's always someone that's able to get around it (I actually read it )
    The basic rule of life is that nothing is one-sided - there's always a way in where there's a way out.
    This is especially true with computers and coding.
    Pan showed that the anti-hacking community thinks hackers as vile evil people.

He showed that anti-cheating groups can causes more problems and blame it on the hackers.

Simply put, we are blamed for the hacking in Combat Arms, when in reality; the anti-cheat sucks really bad and the company fails to provide a more stronger and more stable anti-cheating.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouzie View Post
    Pan showed that the anti-hacking community thinks hackers as vile evil people.

He showed that anti-cheating groups can causes more problems and blame it on the hackers.

Simply put, we are blamed for the hacking in Combat Arms, when in reality; the anti-cheat sucks really bad and the company fails to provide a more stronger and more stable anti-cheating.
    Well that's true. Looking at a huge chain reaction here :
    1. Anti-cheat sucks
    2. Hackers bypass it
    3. Players get annoyed
    4. Anti-cheat does nothing to boost it's hacking prevention
    5. Hackers bypass nonexistent updates
    6. Repeat steps 3-5.
    However, probably fortunate for us that they fail to provide a stronger and a more stable anti-cheating system... I mean we are a hacking community after all. We exploit things like that
    Respect List
    Where'd they all go?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ĎÁŗҚ ĉҰρҢềŔ For This Useful Post:

tw24fr (09-22-2009)