Thread: Naruto 672

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgiiStylz View Post
    i stil wouldnt be able to tell what would happen next.idk how ya predict this shit
    I mean, at this point Kishi can do anything, but somehow Naruto is going to win. That much has been apparent throughout the entire series, if he doesn't I would be thoroughly surprised.

I remember arguing with Empire about this a while ago, the only fun part is how he's going to win and what's going to happen along the way. It's kind of like watching most Superhero movies, you know the good guy is usually going to win, it's HOW they win and how the develop along the way that's interesting to see.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    It's kind of like watching most Superhero movies, you know the good guy is usually going to win, it's HOW they win and how the develop along the way that's interesting to see.
    Or, you know, shounen anime.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Grumpy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rance-sama View Post
    Or, more like, every fictional story the good guys win.
    ----
    The problem I have with Naruto is that it's so inconsistent with plot, power levels and especially the edo-tensei which is the driving force of this whole shit. Sometimes I think Kishi didn't plan everything out properly.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Synchromanica View Post

Or, more like, every fictional story the good guys win.
    You just haven't watched/read enough seinen to grasp how wrong that statement is. This manga is probably the best example I can give
    https://kissmang*****m/Manga/Shamo/1?id=77938

Then again, Rance is a good example also. He runs around conquering the world and indiscriminately killing anyone that pisses him off, like in Rance 4.2 and Rance 7 he kills a lot of kids and citizens. And don't forget he's a rapist that goes raw in every single girl and impregnating them. He's practically the epitome of anti-hero.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Most fictional stories are like that, at least any that plan on becoming main stream or that are main stream. Everybody loves to see the character they've fallen in love with win, it simply makes more money.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Grumpy
    You just haven't watched/read enough seinen to grasp how wrong that statement is. This manga is probably the best example I can give
    https://kissmang*****m/Manga/Shamo/1?id=77938

Then again, Rance is a good example also. He runs around conquering the world and indiscriminately killing anyone that pisses him off, like in Rance 4.2 and Rance 7 he kills a lot of kids and citizens. And don't forget he's a rapist that goes raw in every single girl and impregnating them. He's practically the epitome of anti-hero.
    Yeah I was pretty much generalizing the overall amount. I've read tons of tragedy and seinen to understand that, but the most popular things always have the good guys win in the end. There aren't many stories that go big that have the good guys "lose" and in a few hours, we will all see what Kishimoto has to offer us this week.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post

I remember arguing with Empire about this a while ago, the only fun part is how he's going to win and what's going to happen along the way. It's kind of like watching most Superhero movies, you know the good guy is usually going to win, it's HOW they win and how the develop along the way that's interesting to see.
    Yeah, but you always missed the point of that.

If we know X is going to win from the start, it better be interesting. Naruto so far...hasn't been all that interesting lately.
    (oddly enough bleach is just blowing naruto out of the water every week now.)

Lets take DBZ for the easiest example.

DBZ has like...utter shit for plot. BUT it's fun to watch because the fighting is there, it's intense, and there is an insane threat all the time.

Entertainment value from naruto is pretty dull these days. From them poorly ripping off the "garden of eden" story, to them implementing it, not much action is really there in naruto, and sadly naruto's only redeaming quality is it's rather subpar(well, now subpar), action. The plot of naruto has always been rather...overdramatic to say the least.
    Last edited by Empire; 04-16-2014 at 12:41 AM.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Yeah, but you always missed the point of that.

If we know X is going to win from the start, it better be interesting. Naruto so far...hasn't been all that interesting lately.
    (oddly enough bleach is just blowing naruto out of the water every week now.)

Lets take DBZ for the easiest example.

DBZ has like...utter shit for plot. BUT it's fun to watch because the fighting is there, it's intense, and there is an insane threat all the time.

Entertainment value from naruto is pretty dull these days. From them poorly ripping off the "garden of eden" story, to them implementing it, not much action is really there in naruto, and sadly naruto's only redeaming quality is it's rather subpar(well, now subpar), action. The plot of naruto has always been rather...overdramatic to say the least.
    I don't really know how you could say that after the last chapter but OK.

Matter of fact, the action has been there for like the past 2 months, the only thing I'm not completely impressed by is Guy living, because I still don't know how to feel about that (even if it looks like he's still going to be charred and shit and not able to do much).

Especially this last chapter, but like yeah....everyone I talk to is wishing for a time machine for next Wed. again. I mean, Naruto fucking totaled the entire tree (which is huge as shit) with a fucking epic Lava-Rasen Shuriken, and Madara was scared for his life and nope'd the fuck out of there. So I don't see how there isn't much action, and we just got out of the Guy/Madara fight.

Guess I should be talking about this in the thread for next week but yeah.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Talking:

All talking chapters. So that's a no on the past two months.

The ones that do have action, are usually 9/12 pages of full talking.
    ===================

As much as you might like naruto, other manga like bleach, god of highschool, tower of god, and others are reaaaaaaaally passing it up in the "epic" factor these last few weeks.

Naruto's action is rather...dull lately.

Gai's attacks were "meh"(not even that great in art tbh) and naruto's rasengan we've seen a billion times.
    Last edited by Empire; 04-17-2014 at 12:44 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123