Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

[Sin]: Punishment, Qualification,and Treatment [2/4]

Ok so this thread is about the punishment for sin.

If you have any comment on what the definition of sin is, comment here:
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=820108
    ================================================== ===

The punishment of sin.

Ok first off there are for the majority: 2 different types punishments and 3 different distribution centers of said punishments.

Type:
    1. Torture. This involves disease, physical beatings, curses, etc.

2. Death. The ending of a human life.

Distribution:

1. Humans.
    -The bible instructs the community to punish those who break certain commandments accordance to the level of the crime
    Note: It's worth mentioning that there are some hefty consequences for some rather trivial actions.

2. God.
    -This is when god himself punishes humans for their sins. Usually ending in death, but there are several accounts of torture too.

3. Hell.
    -Hell is the place where everyone who has not been forgiven goes. You are tortured for eternity.

==========================================

Qualifications for sin.

1. According to bible everyone is sinful from birth.

2. According to the bible, you are able to be punished at any time during your life, because you sinned.

3. According to the bible, even those who do not believe, know, or accept the bible have been punished for their sins.

4. According to the bible, no matter what age or position in society, you may be killed by god for your natural born sin.

==========================================

Treatment for sin.

The bible is an odd thing. Originally the first few generations did not offer sacrifices to god to forgive their sins, but eventually they did resort to blood sacrifice so that you were "right with the lord".

Of course in the new testament Jesus represents forgiveness for all sins, but that is the next thread.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

K that should be just about it, any questions?
    Last edited by Empire; 05-15-2014 at 12:12 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    You are tortured for eternity.
    I'm not sure about christianity but i'm pretty sure you can be let out of hell in islam don't remember the exact source but I know that's a thing. Is it the same way in Christianity as well?

OT: I don't understand the concept of jesus dying for their sins. Did he die so that god should forgive them? Or was god punishing humanity by killing their savior?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferris Bueller View Post

I'm not sure about christianity but i'm pretty sure you can be let out of hell in islam don't remember the exact source but I know that's a thing. Is it the same way in Christianity as well?

OT: I don't understand the concept of jesus dying for their sins. Did he die so that god should forgive them? Or was god punishing humanity by killing their savior?
    In the bible there is no way to get out of hell once you are sent there. Don't know about Islam, but I'm pretty sure it's the same thing too.

Christianity believes that jesus died for their sins by dying on the cross and that there is no longer a need to do blood-sacrifices because Jesus was the last sacrifice.

It doesn't really make any sense because jesus didn't "sacrifice" himself in any way whatsoever, but that's what christians believe.

Thanks
    To comment on your "jesus didn't 'sacrifice' himself" assertion, the reason Christians believe Jesus did sacrifice himself was because it was well within his power to prevent his death from happening. Jesus had legions of angels at his command that he could have brought down at any moment to take him off the cross while he was being sacrificed, but he knew his death would mean the salvation of humanity.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by razer14 View Post
    To comment on your "jesus didn't 'sacrifice' himself" assertion, the reason Christians believe Jesus did sacrifice himself was because it was well within his power to prevent his death from happening. Jesus had legions of angels at his command that he could have brought down at any moment to take him off the cross while he was being sacrificed, but he knew his death would mean the salvation of humanity.
    Yes christians do believe this. But the actual logic or chain of logic doesn't support it.

Innocent person who gets murdered but can prevent it does not a sacrifice make.

While we are on this, all participating members of the "sacrifice" at the crucifixion had no intent on "sacrificing" him. In fact the act of a innocent man being murdered somehow equating to sacrifice in any way is a pretty warped mindset.

Man claims to be god
    Man gets executed because of said claim
    Followers use his "martyrdom" for the sake of their cause.

This process has been done a lot. I see no difference in christianity's case.