Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    true dat random spam also that became a flame thread xD

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Quote Originally Posted by ROUGHS3X View Post
    God bless. Maybe one of these days the fighting will end over there?
    Yeh and one of these days pigs will fly and we wont have to pay taxes and it will be considered rude to give a waitress a tip.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by ROUGHS3X View Post
    God bless. Maybe one of these days the fighting will end over there?
    Doubt it, in the Bible and Hebrew Bible; the fighting over land between the Chosen ones (Jews) and the Muslims will be always be fighting over the Holy Land.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    o_O this just became a war/holy thread *-*

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Israel is the Holy Land, for all religious groups.

Israel is the Holy Land all non-Asian religious group.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouzie View Post
    Doubt it, in the Bible and Hebrew Bible; the fighting over land between the Chosen ones (Jews) and the Muslims will be always be fighting over the Holy Land.

YouTube - IDF the best army in the world
    Well as far as I have been taught Israel has been at war since it was founded. So pretty much everyone in Israel must join the Army? Everyone's trained in Krav Maga, yes?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    It really depends: All males at age of 16-17 (with parents permission) Or at age 18, you'll be trained for a few months, you'll served three years. Women are force to join unless you're planning to be married or have kids; all educations are payed for, if you're planning for college you do not have to join.

If you fear to join for religious reasons, you can be excuse too. All Israeli military forms will be taught Krav Maga Military (K.M.M.); we are trained to use all weapons as weapons, such as knives, disarm, etc.

The most painful one is the 'pistol lock' breaking the trigger finger to remove the weapon.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    It really depends: All males at age of 16-17 (with parents permission) Or at age 18, you'll be trained for a few months, you'll served three years. Women are force to join unless you're planning to be married or have kids; all educations are payed for, if you're planning for college you do not have to join.

If you fear to join for religious reasons, you can be excuse too. All Israeli military forms will be taught Krav Maga Military (K.M.M.); we are trained to use all weapons as weapons, such as knives, disarm, etc.

The most painful one is the 'pistol lock' breaking the trigger finger to remove the weapon.
    I'm just reading up on all this stuff about Israel now. If it wasn't for the constant terrorist threat I'd be curious to see how US/Israeli dual citizenship would work. From what I'm reading the economy is doing pretty well over there.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Meh poor israel people they have always been attacked.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    It's not as bad as the media said, I assume you can easily get an Israeli citizenship here, gotta know Hebrew first.

But it's much harder to get the 'go ahead' as a Israeli to the USA, I was lucky sense my grandparents are Americans; it's often joked it's harder to go to America and stay there, then owning a pistol.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    It's not as bad as the media said, I assume you can easily get an Israeli citizenship here, gotta know Hebrew first.

But it's much harder to get the 'go ahead' as a Israeli to the USA, I was lucky sense my grandparents are Americans; it's often joked it's harder to go to America and stay there, then owning a pistol.
    Lol. I don't know. For some reason I just don't see myself living out my life in the US. I'm not sure where I'd like to go but I don't see the US going down a good path right now.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    By what I mean about 'owning a pistol joke'.

The Israel Dept. of the Interior makes notification to the generalpublic the requirements necessary for the obtaining of a permit topossess a firearm:

1. Applicant must be a permanent resident of Israel for 3 consecutiveyears prior to making application for a firearms permit.

2. Applicant must be 21 years of age.

3. The permit request must be for personal use, not to engage in thebusiness of firearms sales.

4. Applicant must fall into one of the following categories:

a. Part-time reservist (volunteer) for 3 years- may own 1 handgun
    b. Such a reservist (volunteer) is a member of a gun club- may own 1rifle
    c. Professional, licensed public transportation driver, transportinga minimum of 5 passengers- may own 1 handgun
    d. Licensed animal control officer- may own 2 hunting rifles, *not*full automatic weapons, or semi-automatic weapons with a limitedcapacity magazine.
    e. Full-time dealer of jewelry or large sums of cash or valuables-may own 1 handgun

West Bank and Gaza Strip Settlers:

1. A resident in a militarily strategic buffer zone, essential to thesecurity of the State of Israel- may own 1 handgun

2. A business owner in these geographic areas- may own 1 handgun

Veterans:

1. Veterans of the Regular Army honorably discharged with the rank ofnoncommissioned officer, and veterans of the Reserve Army with the rankof regimental commander- may own 1 handgun

2. Retired law enforcement officers with the rank of sergeant- may own 1handgun

3. Retired prison guards with the rank of squadron commander- may own 1handgun

Individuals:

Upon presenting documentation that one is about to receive a souvenir, aprize, an inheritance, or an award of appreciation from the Israel military.

Pretty much what the form is.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    By what I mean about 'owning a pistol joke'.

The Israel Dept. of the Interior makes notification to the generalpublic the requirements necessary for the obtaining of a permit topossess a firearm:

1. Applicant must be a permanent resident of Israel for 3 consecutiveyears prior to making application for a firearms permit.

2. Applicant must be 21 years of age.

3. The permit request must be for personal use, not to engage in thebusiness of firearms sales.

4. Applicant must fall into one of the following categories:

a. Part-time reservist (volunteer) for 3 years- may own 1 handgun
    b. Such a reservist (volunteer) is a member of a gun club- may own 1rifle
    c. Professional, licensed public transportation driver, transportinga minimum of 5 passengers- may own 1 handgun
    d. Licensed animal control officer- may own 2 hunting rifles, *not*full automatic weapons, or semi-automatic weapons with a limitedcapacity magazine.
    e. Full-time dealer of jewelry or large sums of cash or valuables-may own 1 handgun

West Bank and Gaza Strip Settlers:

1. A resident in a militarily strategic buffer zone, essential to thesecurity of the State of Israel- may own 1 handgun

2. A business owner in these geographic areas- may own 1 handgun

Veterans:

1. Veterans of the Regular Army honorably discharged with the rank ofnoncommissioned officer, and veterans of the Reserve Army with the rankof regimental commander- may own 1 handgun

2. Retired law enforcement officers with the rank of sergeant- may own 1handgun

3. Retired prison guards with the rank of squadron commander- may own 1handgun

Individuals:

Upon presenting documentation that one is about to receive a souvenir, aprize, an inheritance, or an award of appreciation from the Israel military.

Pretty much what the form is.
    Wow that does sound pretty simple. Something I didn't know... A non-resident can volunteer to serve in the IDF if they meet certain requirements like age, etc. That's pretty neat.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Nope, that's a trick one.

Although it is common to see 18 year olds in and out of uniform with sophisticated rifles, Israel has very strict regulations for civilians who wish to own a weapon.

Over the past few years, the Ministry of Interior has tightened the regulations for gun ownership.

Currently an oleh chadash can apply for a pistol license subject to a number of conditions:

The applicant must have resided in Israel for three years, after his date of Aliyah

The applicant must be living in the West Bank

The applicant must pass a Hebrew test

The applicant cannot have a criminal record

The applicant must pass a medical checkup.

Only a single pistol can be owned by an individual, and permits for gun collections are extremely rare - and typically only available to high ranking officers.

A pistol can be bought at licensed gun stores in Israel, and new and used weapons are available. After leaving a deposit at the gun store, an application is made to the Ministry of Interior.

Subject to the above conditions, it takes about 3 months to receive an answer. The applicant is directed to pass a weapons training course and a medical checkup.

Upon receiving the license, the applicant returns to the gun store and after completing payment for the weapon, takes ownership. A weapon kept at home must be double locked. It is worthwhile to purchase a gun lock and secure it to a cement wall in the home. If a pistol is stolen or lost, there are severe consequences.

Upon receiving the license and your pistol, familiarize yourself with Israeli law as to what constitutes self defense. The laws in Israel are significantly different to those in the USA. The police are not lenient when a weapon is discharged by a civilian or soldier.

If you own a pistol in the USA, and expect to be living in the West Bank, it is best to either sell the weapon, or place it in storage in the US for three years, before applying for a gun license in Israel as well as an import license. DO NOT attempt to import the weapon in your luggage or shipment, as at best it will be confiscated and placed in storage for three years at your expense, and at worst you will be arrested.

Air rifles are considered a weapon and will be confiscated if you attempt to import them. Rifles of any kind cannot be owned or imported. Only those persons in the security forces in Israel, can carry a rifle.

There are firing ranges in Israel (indoor and outdoor) where you can practice with your weapon. Advanced weapons training courses are available.

For individuals who are not licensed: Many of the firing ranges offer supervised use of pistols which belong to the range, and ammunition can be purchased. This does not require any licensing procedure.

Its take like forever, that is why my folks smuggled a AK74 from Romania. :/

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Nope, that's a trick one.

Although it is common to see 18 year olds in and out of uniform with sophisticated rifles, Israel has very strict regulations for civilians who wish to own a weapon.

Over the past few years, the Ministry of Interior has tightened the regulations for gun ownership.

Currently an oleh chadash can apply for a pistol license subject to a number of conditions:

The applicant must have resided in Israel for three years, after his date of Aliyah

The applicant must be living in the West Bank

The applicant must pass a Hebrew test

The applicant cannot have a criminal record

The applicant must pass a medical checkup.

Only a single pistol can be owned by an individual, and permits for gun collections are extremely rare - and typically only available to high ranking officers.

A pistol can be bought at licensed gun stores in Israel, and new and used weapons are available. After leaving a deposit at the gun store, an application is made to the Ministry of Interior.

Subject to the above conditions, it takes about 3 months to receive an answer. The applicant is directed to pass a weapons training course and a medical checkup.

Upon receiving the license, the applicant returns to the gun store and after completing payment for the weapon, takes ownership. A weapon kept at home must be double locked. It is worthwhile to purchase a gun lock and secure it to a cement wall in the home. If a pistol is stolen or lost, there are severe consequences.

Upon receiving the license and your pistol, familiarize yourself with Israeli law as to what constitutes self defense. The laws in Israel are significantly different to those in the USA. The police are not lenient when a weapon is discharged by a civilian or soldier.

If you own a pistol in the USA, and expect to be living in the West Bank, it is best to either sell the weapon, or place it in storage in the US for three years, before applying for a gun license in Israel as well as an import license. DO NOT attempt to import the weapon in your luggage or shipment, as at best it will be confiscated and placed in storage for three years at your expense, and at worst you will be arrested.

Air rifles are considered a weapon and will be confiscated if you attempt to import them. Rifles of any kind cannot be owned or imported. Only those persons in the security forces in Israel, can carry a rifle.

There are firing ranges in Israel (indoor and outdoor) where you can practice with your weapon. Advanced weapons training courses are available.

For individuals who are not licensed: Many of the firing ranges offer supervised use of pistols which belong to the range, and ammunition can be purchased. This does not require any licensing procedure.

Its take like forever, that is why my folks smuggled a AK74 from Romania. :/
    That's a heck of a rifle to smuggle. At least they have good taste.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast